|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
(a) A chat between Percy Gryce and Mrs. Trenor.
(b) A chat between Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
(c) The church service which Percy Gryce is attending.
(d) A business meeting between Gus Trenor and Simon Rosedale.
2. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(b) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
(c) Her social schedule being too busy.
(d) Her reputation.
3. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
(a) She is angry because she didn't think quickly enough to give a satisfactory explanation for being there.
(b) She is angry because of the way she treated Simon Rosedale.
(c) She is angry becase she forgot to ask Simon Rosedale for a loan.
(d) She is angry for letting herself be seen talking to Simon Rosedale.
4. What does Gus Trenor want Lily to do now that he is a successful investor?
(a) He wants Lily to work for him as his secretary.
(b) He wants Lily to give him more money.
(c) He wants Lily to tell Mrs. Trenor that he wants a divorce.
(d) He wants Lily to spend more time with him.
5. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
(a) Lily plans to win Percy Gryce over so he will propose marriage to her.
(b) Lily plans to be a matchmaker for Percy Gryce and Bertha Dorset.
(c) Lily plans to flirt with Percy Gryce to make Lawrence Selden jealous.
(d) Lily plans to ask Percy Gryce for a loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
2. How does Lily spend the first night of the party at Bellomont?
3. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
4. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
5. What is Gerty's financial situation at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)