|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
(a) To walk to church to meet Percy Gryce on his way home from church.
(b) To complete a chore for Mrs. Trenor.
(c) Getting fresh air to get rid of her headache.
(d) Catching up with her high-ranking friends in her social circle.
2. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
3. What is Gerty's financial situation at the beginning of the story?
(a) She is an heiress, independently wealthy.
(b) She is homeless, having lost everything to a conniving ex-fiance.
(c) She is poor and has to work to support her meager lifestyle.
(d) She lives with an aunt who finances her extravagant lifestyle.
4. How does Lily spend the first night of the party at Bellomont?
(b) Searching for eligible bachelors.
(c) Playing poker.
(d) Playing bridge.
5. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
(a) She repeats a hurtful rumor.
(b) She finds the man she wishes to marry.
(c) She gambles and loses most of her money.
(d) She is banished from the party for cheating.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 10, where does Simon Rosedale invite Lily to go?
2. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
3. In book 1, chapter 6, what does Lily admit to Lawrence Selden about Percy Gryce as they walk together on Sunday afternoon ?
4. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
5. Who accompanies Simon and Lily to the event ?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)