|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
(a) Mrs. Trenor.
(b) Percy Gryce.
(c) Lawrence Selden.
(d) Bertha Dorset.
2. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
(a) She sends her companion to get him.
(b) She cries.
(c) She is happy to see him.
(d) She avoids him.
3. What does Lily tell Simon when he questions her presence at Lawrence's apartment building?
(a) She says she had tea with Lawrence Selden.
(b) She says she was visiting a sick friend.
(c) She says she was looking for an apartment for herself.
(d) She says she visited a dressmaker in the building.
4. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
(a) If she should agree to marry Simon Rosedale.
(b) If she should ask Gus Trenor for a loan
(c) If she should really go through with her plan to win over Percy Gryce.
(d) If Lawrence Selden came to Bellomont to see her or Bertha Dorset.
5. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
(a) Carry Fischer is too flirtatious.
(b) Carry Fischer always asks Gus Trenor for money.
(c) Gus specifically requests that Lily pick him up at the train station.
(d) Carry Fischer has a questionable reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
2. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
3. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
4. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
5. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)