|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
(a) She is late for breakfast, risking her social standing.
(b) She misses the bus to church.
(c) She misses Gus Trenor whom she wanted to ask for a loan.
(d) She misses spending time with Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
2. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
(b) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(c) Her reputation.
(d) Her social schedule being too busy.
3. In book 1, chapter 6, what does Lily admit to Lawrence Selden about Percy Gryce as they walk together on Sunday afternoon ?
(a) She admits that she knows Percy feels nothing for her.
(b) She admits that she proposed to Percy.
(c) She admits that Percy told her to stop smoking or he won't marry her.
(d) Their walk was to entice Percy.
4. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
(a) She wants him to find a place for her to live.
(b) She wants him to loan her money.
(c) She wants him to marry her.
(d) She wants him to be her friend.
5. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
(a) She envies Gerty's situation.
(b) She looks down on Gerty's situation.
(c) She is afraid for Gerty.
(d) She feels sympathy toward her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
2. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
3. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
4. Why does Lily join a party with Carry Fischer and another couple in the Adirondacks?
5. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)