|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
2. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
3. In book 1, chapter 6, what does Lily admit to Lawrence Selden about Percy Gryce as they walk together on Sunday afternoon ?
(a) She admits that she knows Percy feels nothing for her.
(b) She admits that Percy told her to stop smoking or he won't marry her.
(c) She admits that she proposed to Percy.
(d) Their walk was to entice Percy.
4. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Hides them.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Gives them back to Lawrence Selden.
(d) Gives them to Gerty Farish for safekeeping.
5. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Her social schedule being too busy.
(b) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(c) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
(d) Her reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
2. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
3. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
4. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
5. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)