|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily spend the first night of the party at Bellomont?
(a) Playing poker.
(b) Playing bridge.
(c) Searching for eligible bachelors.
2. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
3. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(b) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
(c) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(d) The weather is perfect.
4. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
(a) She finds the man she wishes to marry.
(b) She repeats a hurtful rumor.
(c) She gambles and loses most of her money.
(d) She is banished from the party for cheating.
5. What is Lily's reaction when Lawrence suggests that they have tea at a popular cafe near the train station while Lily waits for her train?
(a) She immediately agrees.
(b) She becomes nervous and agitated.
(c) She declines his invitation because she is afraid she will miss her train.
(d) She says she prefers a less popular location.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
2. What does Lily tell Simon when he questions her presence at Lawrence's apartment building?
3. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
4. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
5. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)