|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Her social schedule being too busy.
(b) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(c) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
(d) Her reputation.
2. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
(a) From her own hobby.
(b) From the book she was reading on the train.
(c) From gossip with friends in her own social circlre.
(d) From a conversation with Lawrence Selden.
3. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Percy Gryce.
(b) Lawrence Selden.
(c) Simon Rosedale.
(d) Gus Trenor.
4. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
(a) The stock market.
(b) Mutual acquaintances.
(c) Her busy social schedule.
5. Who accompanies Simon and Lily to the event ?
(a) Carry Fischer.
(b) Percy Gryce.
(c) Gerty Farish.
(d) Gus Trenor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
2. How does Lily spend the first night of the party at Bellomont?
3. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
4. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
5. In book 1, chapter 6, what does Lily admit to Lawrence Selden about Percy Gryce as they walk together on Sunday afternoon ?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)