|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 6, what does Lily admit to Lawrence Selden about Percy Gryce as they walk together on Sunday afternoon ?
(a) She admits that Percy told her to stop smoking or he won't marry her.
(b) She admits that she knows Percy feels nothing for her.
(c) Their walk was to entice Percy.
(d) She admits that she proposed to Percy.
2. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(b) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(c) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
(d) The weather is perfect.
3. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(b) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(c) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
(d) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
4. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Gives them back to Lawrence Selden.
(b) Gives them to Gerty Farish for safekeeping.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Hides them.
5. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) Introduce her to Percy Gryce.
(b) Secretarial tasks.
(c) Take over her duties as hostess.
(d) Leave the party and return home immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
2. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
3. Why does Lawrence Selden call Lily a coward during their walk?
4. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
5. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)