|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 10, where does Simon Rosedale invite Lily to go?
(a) An exclusive fundraising event.
(b) A camp in the Adirondacks.
(c) The opera.
(d) A party at his apartment.
2. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
3. Where does The House of Mirth take place?
(a) London, England.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) New York City, New York.
4. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
(a) A marriage proposal.
(b) An offer of a loan.
(c) An introduction to one of Percy's high-placed colleagues.
(d) Investment advice.
5. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
(a) She is angry becase she forgot to ask Simon Rosedale for a loan.
(b) She is angry for letting herself be seen talking to Simon Rosedale.
(c) She is angry because she didn't think quickly enough to give a satisfactory explanation for being there.
(d) She is angry because of the way she treated Simon Rosedale.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily feel when she learns that Gus Trenor told Simon Rosedale about their financial arrangement?
2. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
3. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
4. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
5. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)