|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
(a) She is angry becase she forgot to ask Simon Rosedale for a loan.
(b) She is angry for letting herself be seen talking to Simon Rosedale.
(c) She is angry because she didn't think quickly enough to give a satisfactory explanation for being there.
(d) She is angry because of the way she treated Simon Rosedale.
2. In book 1, chapter 10, where does Simon Rosedale invite Lily to go?
(a) The opera.
(b) An exclusive fundraising event.
(c) A party at his apartment.
(d) A camp in the Adirondacks.
3. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Lawrence Selden.
(b) Percy Gryce.
(c) Simon Rosedale.
(d) Gus Trenor.
4. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
(a) Percy is planning on proposing to Lily.
(b) Percy is interested in Miss Van Osburgh.
(c) Percy is planning on proposing to Gerty.
(d) Percy lost his fortune and is penniless.
5. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
(a) Cleaning day.
(b) A prayer service.
(c) A party.
(d) Arrival of an important member of Lily's social circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
2. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
3. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
4. Who accompanies Simon and Lily to the event ?
5. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)