|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 10, why does Lily want to avoid seeing Gus Trenor?
(a) He is pressuring Lily for more money.
(b) He is threatening to have her ousted from her social circle.
(c) He is pressuring her to spend time with him.
(d) He is threatening to tell Mrs. Trenor about their financial arrangement.
2. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
(b) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
(c) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(d) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
3. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
(a) A marriage proposal.
(b) An introduction to one of Percy's high-placed colleagues.
(c) An offer of a loan.
(d) Investment advice.
4. Who accompanies Simon and Lily to the event ?
(a) Gerty Farish.
(b) Gus Trenor.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Carry Fischer.
5. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
(a) Carry Fischer always asks Gus Trenor for money.
(b) Carry Fischer has a questionable reputation.
(c) Gus specifically requests that Lily pick him up at the train station.
(d) Carry Fischer is too flirtatious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
2. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
3. How does Lily spend the first night of the party at Bellomont?
4. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
5. What disturbs the moment of closeness between Lawrence Selden and Lily on their walk together?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)