|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
(a) If she should ask Gus Trenor for a loan
(b) If she should agree to marry Simon Rosedale.
(c) If she should really go through with her plan to win over Percy Gryce.
(d) If Lawrence Selden came to Bellomont to see her or Bertha Dorset.
2. What do Lily and Lawrence Selden discover as they walk together on Sunday afternoon?
(a) They share the same ideas of success in life.
(b) Their true feelings for each other.
(c) They have nothing in common.
(d) They are both in love with other people.
3. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
(a) She feels sympathy toward her.
(b) She looks down on Gerty's situation.
(c) She is afraid for Gerty.
(d) She envies Gerty's situation.
4. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
(a) Propose to Percy Gryce.
(b) Propose to Lawrence Selden.
(c) Attend church with Percy Gryce.
(d) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
5. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
(a) She is angry becase she forgot to ask Simon Rosedale for a loan.
(b) She is angry for letting herself be seen talking to Simon Rosedale.
(c) She is angry because of the way she treated Simon Rosedale.
(d) She is angry because she didn't think quickly enough to give a satisfactory explanation for being there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
2. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
3. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
4. What is Gerty's financial situation at the beginning of the story?
5. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)