|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does The House of Mirth take place?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) London, England.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) New York City, New York.
2. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
3. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
(b) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
(c) He can help her with her money problems.
(d) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
4. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
(a) She is angry for letting herself be seen talking to Simon Rosedale.
(b) She is angry because of the way she treated Simon Rosedale.
(c) She is angry becase she forgot to ask Simon Rosedale for a loan.
(d) She is angry because she didn't think quickly enough to give a satisfactory explanation for being there.
5. What do Lily and Lawrence Selden discover as they walk together on Sunday afternoon?
(a) They have nothing in common.
(b) They share the same ideas of success in life.
(c) Their true feelings for each other.
(d) They are both in love with other people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
2. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
3. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
4. What disturbs the moment of closeness between Lawrence Selden and Lily on their walk together?
5. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)