|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 6, what does Lily admit to Lawrence Selden about Percy Gryce as they walk together on Sunday afternoon ?
(a) She admits that she knows Percy feels nothing for her.
(b) She admits that Percy told her to stop smoking or he won't marry her.
(c) Their walk was to entice Percy.
(d) She admits that she proposed to Percy.
2. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
(a) She is going to a social engagement.
(b) She is going on vacation.
(c) She is waiting for an old friend.
(d) She is going to work.
3. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Gives them to Gerty Farish for safekeeping.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Hides them.
(d) Gives them back to Lawrence Selden.
4. In book 1, chapter 8, what does Gus Trenor do with Lily's money?
(a) Invests it.
(b) Loses it playing poker.
(c) Spends it on Mrs. Trenor.
(d) Donates it to Lily's favorite charity.
5. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) After Mrs. Haffen finds them, she gives them to Lawrence Selden, who gives them to Lily.
(b) Mrs. Haffen leaves them outside Lily's door.
(c) Lily finds them in Mrs. Haffen's cleaning supplies.
(d) Mrs. Haffen sells the letters to Lily.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lawrence feel about Lily's reaction to his suggestion that they have tea at a popular cafe?
2. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
3. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
4. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
5. In book 1, chapter 10, where does Simon Rosedale invite Lily to go?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)