|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
(a) Lily plans to win Percy Gryce over so he will propose marriage to her.
(b) Lily plans to be a matchmaker for Percy Gryce and Bertha Dorset.
(c) Lily plans to ask Percy Gryce for a loan.
(d) Lily plans to flirt with Percy Gryce to make Lawrence Selden jealous.
2. What does Lily tell Simon when he questions her presence at Lawrence's apartment building?
(a) She says she was visiting a sick friend.
(b) She says she had tea with Lawrence Selden.
(c) She says she was looking for an apartment for herself.
(d) She says she visited a dressmaker in the building.
3. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
(a) The opera.
(b) A party at his home.
(c) A party in the Adirondacks.
(d) A prayer service.
4. In book 1, chapter 9, where does Lily go after her cousin's wedding ?
(a) Lawrence Selden's apartment.
(b) Her aunt's home.
(c) The train station.
5. In book 1, chapter 6, what does Lily admit to Lawrence Selden about Percy Gryce as they walk together on Sunday afternoon ?
(a) She admits that she knows Percy feels nothing for her.
(b) She admits that she proposed to Percy.
(c) She admits that Percy told her to stop smoking or he won't marry her.
(d) Their walk was to entice Percy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
2. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
3. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
4. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
5. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)