|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
(a) Lily plans to ask Percy Gryce for a loan.
(b) Lily plans to be a matchmaker for Percy Gryce and Bertha Dorset.
(c) Lily plans to flirt with Percy Gryce to make Lawrence Selden jealous.
(d) Lily plans to win Percy Gryce over so he will propose marriage to her.
2. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Hides them.
(c) Gives them back to Lawrence Selden.
(d) Gives them to Gerty Farish for safekeeping.
3. Who accompanies Simon and Lily to the event ?
(a) Carry Fischer.
(b) Gus Trenor.
(c) Gerty Farish.
(d) Percy Gryce.
4. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
(a) She is happy to see him.
(b) She sends her companion to get him.
(c) She avoids him.
(d) She cries.
5. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
(a) She misses the bus to church.
(b) She misses Gus Trenor whom she wanted to ask for a loan.
(c) She is late for breakfast, risking her social standing.
(d) She misses spending time with Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 6, what does Lily admit to Lawrence Selden about Percy Gryce as they walk together on Sunday afternoon ?
2. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
3. What do Lily and Lawrence Selden discover as they walk together on Sunday afternoon?
4. Where does The House of Mirth take place?
5. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)