|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(b) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(c) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
(d) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
2. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
(a) After visiting her dressmaker.
(b) As she is leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building after having tea.
(c) While she is waiting at the train station.
(d) While taking a walk in the park with Lawrence Selden.
3. In book 1, chapter 10, where does Simon Rosedale invite Lily to go?
(a) An exclusive fundraising event.
(b) The opera.
(c) A party at his apartment.
(d) A camp in the Adirondacks.
4. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
(a) She wants him to be her friend.
(b) She wants him to marry her.
(c) She wants him to loan her money.
(d) She wants him to find a place for her to live.
5. What is Gerty's financial situation at the beginning of the story?
(a) She is an heiress, independently wealthy.
(b) She lives with an aunt who finances her extravagant lifestyle.
(c) She is poor and has to work to support her meager lifestyle.
(d) She is homeless, having lost everything to a conniving ex-fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
2. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
3. What does Gus Trenor want Lily to do now that he is a successful investor?
4. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
5. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)