|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
(b) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(c) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(d) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
2. How does Lily spend the first night of the party at Bellomont?
(a) Playing bridge.
(b) Playing poker.
(d) Searching for eligible bachelors.
3. Why does Lily join a party with Carry Fischer and another couple in the Adirondacks?
(a) Lily wants to spend the money she received from Gus Trenor.
(b) Lily needs to take a vacation.
(c) Lily has no other social engagements.
(d) Lily wants to get away from Gus Trenor.
4. How does Lily feel when she learns that Gus Trenor told Simon Rosedale about their financial arrangement?
5. What does Gus Trenor want Lily to do now that he is a successful investor?
(a) He wants Lily to spend more time with him.
(b) He wants Lily to tell Mrs. Trenor that he wants a divorce.
(c) He wants Lily to work for him as his secretary.
(d) He wants Lily to give him more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
2. While Lily and Lawrence Selden are walking together, what does he tell Lily about his idea of success?
3. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
4. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
5. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)