Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily's reaction when Lawrence suggests that they have tea at a popular cafe near the train station while Lily waits for her train?
(a) She says she prefers a less popular location.
(b) She becomes nervous and agitated.
(c) She immediately agrees.
(d) She declines his invitation because she is afraid she will miss her train.
2. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
(a) Early 1900s.
(d) Early 1800s.
3. What does Lily do because she doesn't have a job?
(a) She sits in her shabby room and stares out the window.
(b) She takes walks.
(c) She visits the friends in her new social circle.
(d) She volunteers at a soup kitchen.
4. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
(b) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
(c) He can help her with her money problems.
(d) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
5. In book 1, chapter 14, what makes Gerty realize that Lawrence Selden is not in love with her?
(a) His feelings for Lily are obvious when he speaks of her at dinner.
(b) Gerty sees the attraction between Lawrence and Lily when she comes to Gerty's apartment.
(c) He tells Gerty that he does not want to marry her.
(d) Bertha Dorset tracks Lawrence Selden down at Gerty's and tells him that he can have Lily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
2. Other than a vacation from work, why is Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo in book 2, chapter 1?
3. When Lily stops to see Lawrence Selden at his apartment on her way to blackmail Bertha Dorset, what does the first part of their conversation consist of?
4. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
5. What is the emotional atmosphere on the yacht when rumors of Bertha and Ned Silverton, and Lily and George are have spread?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)