Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
(a) She cries.
(b) She avoids him.
(c) She sends her companion to get him.
(d) She is happy to see him.
2. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
(c) Early 1800s.
(d) Early 1900s.
3. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
4. Why does Lawrence Selden call Lily a coward during their walk?
(a) She won't tell Bertha Dorset what she really thinks of her.
(b) She says it would be risky for her to marry him.
(c) She is afraid to ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(d) She lied to Percy about having a headache.
5. What does nouveau riche mean?
(a) Rich food.
(b) A novel about rich people.
(c) New money.
(d) A novel about money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
2. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
3. What does Gerty Farish tell Ned Silverton's relatives about his relationship with Bertha Dorset?
4. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
5. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)