|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man die in Chapter 2 whom the guards find and take water from?
(a) Stabbed in the back.
(b) Poisoned food.
(c) Knife to the throat.
(d) Poisoned water.
2. In Chapter 2, what work are Leander, Mithros, and Orestes offered in return for food and shelter from a man with goats?
(a) Dig ditches.
(b) Clean out barns.
(c) Milk goats.
(d) Sow a field.
3. In Chapter 2, where do the guards and Orestes find water after they leave a man dead near a cottage?
4. In Chapter 2, when the boys are set upon by dogs after leaving the man with goats, where does a dog grab Leander?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, where do a set of winding steps lead?
(a) An old dwelling.
(b) A place that was once a garden.
(c) An old temple.
(d) A view of the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, after Electra is ready for the feast to honor Dinos, how many servants remain near her room to tell her when the guests arrive?
2. What makeup did Iphigenia and Clytemnestra wear in Chapter 1 when it was time for the sacrifice?
3. In Chapter 1, how old was Iphigenia when she went to her father thinking she would be married?
4. In Chapter 2, how many guards lead Orestes away from the palace?
5. In Chapter 3, when there is a revolt, who defeats the marauding forces?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Orestes taken when they reach their destination in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 3, what does Theodotus learn about the missing boys?
3. How did Agamemnon and Cassandra die?
4. In Chapter 3, where does Electra remember that she and her sister used to go if they wished to speak privately?
5. What happened when Clytenmestra had Aegisthus released from the dungeon?
6. What happens to Mitros and his home in Chapter 3?
7. What does Electra come to realize about the relationship between her mother and Aegisthus and why they stay together?
8. Why did Agamemnon order Iphigenia to be sacrificed?
9. In Chapter 3, when Electra says that she is afraid of Aegisthus, how does she describe him?
10. How does Clytemnestra say that Iphigenia died?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)