Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Holmes lie about being in London to Watson?
2. Because of the convict and out of concern for the Stapletons, what did Sir Henry offer to them, which Stapleton turned down?
3. After leaving Frankland's manor, where does Watson go?
4. How is Chapter 8 narrated?
5. What happens when Sir Henry begins his walk home?
Essay Topic 1
What are the dynamics of Holmes and Watson's relationship? How do they work together to solve the case? How do Watson and Holmes reflect upon each other?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following themes to write about. Cite specific examples from the book and discuss how the theme affects the overall plot.
1) Reality versus legend.
2) Good versus evil.
3) Nature versus nurture.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following topics to write about. In each topic, cite specific examples from the novel to hold up your arguments.
1) Mrs. Barrymore's relationship to her brother. How does this frame the overall plot?
2) Mrs. Stapleton's role in her husband's plots. Is she completely innocent or does she hold some culpability?
3) Frankland's lawsuits. What is the role of Frankland's pastime in this book?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)