|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Holmes and Watson's deductions, who must have sent the message of warning to Sir Henry in London?
2. On the moor, what does Watson find himself unable to do?
3. What sort of dog is the hound?
4. Where do Holmes, Watson, and Lestrade situate themselves?
5. When Holmes has Watson focus solely on the face in the portrait, what does Watson see?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the dynamics of Holmes and Watson's relationship? How do they work together to solve the case? How do Watson and Holmes reflect upon each other?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of deception and identity concealment in this novel. Pay particular attention to who does this and why they do it, especially in regards to the overall plot.
Essay Topic 3
How is the moor an active character in this novel? What are characteristics of the moor? Is it just as important as Holmes or Stapleton? Why or why not? How would this story be altered if the setting were not as strange as Devonshire?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)