Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Holmes lie about being in London to Watson?
2. Because of the convict and out of concern for the Stapletons, what did Sir Henry offer to them, which Stapleton turned down?
3. After leaving Frankland's manor, where does Watson go?
4. How is Chapter 8 narrated?
5. What happens when Sir Henry begins his walk home?
Consider Holmes as a person. What about him is similar to the criminals he chases? What is different? With these elements in mind, argue that the only thing separating Holmes from being a criminal himself is his morals. Be sure to cite specific examples from the novel.
Discuss the use of deception and identity concealment in this novel. Pay particular attention to who does this and why they do it, especially in regards to the overall plot.
What are the dynamics of Holmes and Watson's relationship? How do they work together to solve the case? How do Watson and Holmes reflect upon each other?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)