|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was spread over the hound to give it a ghoulish look?
(c) Swamp water.
2. What is Mr. Frankland's favorite pastime?
(c) Charity work.
3. What had Stapleton falsely promised Mrs. Lyons?
(a) He promised to give her Baskerville Hall.
(b) He promised to help her leave the country.
(c) He promised to help her pursue a suit with Sir Henry.
(d) He promised to marry her after she was granted a divorce.
4. On the moor, what does Watson find himself unable to do?
(a) Shoot the unarmed convict.
(b) Leave a hurt animal behind.
(c) Reassure Sir Henry that the hound is not real.
(d) Go further into the Grimpen Mire.
5. Where does Stapleton take Sir Henry and Watson in Chapter 8?
(a) The place where the convict is believed to have been last seen.
(b) The area where, according to the story, Hugo Baskerville was killed.
(c) Hound's Tor.
(d) The Grimpen Mire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sir Henry decide that they must go capture Selden?
2. Where is the man on the moor staying?
3. In what matter is everyone in Baskerville Hall on the wrong side of the law?
4. What is Sir Henry to do while at dinner with the Stapletons?
5. When Holmes has Watson focus solely on the face in the portrait, what does Watson see?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)