|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson believe is the identity of the man on the moor?
(a) The man who followed Sir Henry in London.
(b) The convict.
(c) Stapleton on the hunt for moths.
(d) Barrymore sneaking out to see his brother-in-law.
2. How does the hound die?
(a) The hound is caught in a steel trap.
(b) The hound is nearly starved to death and collapses from exhaustion.
(c) The hound is shot several times by Holmes.
(d) The hound is chased into the Grimpen Mire.
3. While searching for Selden on the moor, what frightens both Sir Henry and Watson?
(a) They hear someone screaming for help.
(b) They hear a hound howling on the moor.
(c) They find a dead body.
(d) They see a man sink into the Grimpen Mire.
4. What sort of dog is the hound?
(a) Part great dane and part greyhound.
(b) English sheepdog.
(c) Part mastiff and bloodhound.
(d) Pure great dane.
5. Why did Holmes lie about being in London to Watson?
(a) He did not trust Watson.
(b) He was afraid for Watson's safety.
(c) He knew Watson would tell Sir Henry.
(d) He did not want Watson to inadvertently reveal to the enemy that he was there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Sir Henry do to help Holmes solve the case?
2. To what does Stapleton seem opposed?
3. What is the deal Stapleton strikes with Sir Henry?
4. What does Mrs. Lyons credit to Sir Charles?
5. Why did Mrs. Lyons wish to meet with Sir Charles so secretly?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)