Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Holmes lie about being in London to Watson?
(a) He did not want Watson to inadvertently reveal to the enemy that he was there.
(b) He was afraid for Watson's safety.
(c) He did not trust Watson.
(d) He knew Watson would tell Sir Henry.
2. Because of the convict and out of concern for the Stapletons, what did Sir Henry offer to them, which Stapleton turned down?
(a) The company of Perkins, Sir Henry's groom.
(b) The company of Sir Henry.
(c) The company of Watson.
(d) The company of Barrymore.
3. After leaving Frankland's manor, where does Watson go?
(a) He goes to the Fox Tor to search for Sir Henry.
(b) He goes to the spot where he saw the boy.
(c) He goes to the Grimpen Mire.
(d) He goes back to Baskerville Hall.
4. How is Chapter 8 narrated?
(a) The narration is in the form of letters between Watson and Dr. Mortimer.
(b) The narration is in the form of newspaper articles.
(c) The narration is in the form of Watson's journal.
(d) The narration is in the form of letters from Watson to Holmes.
5. What happens when Sir Henry begins his walk home?
(a) Mrs. Stapleton cries out.
(b) The hound appears.
(c) It begins to storm.
(d) Gunshots are heard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Holmes, Watson, and Lestrade situate themselves?
2. Why is Watson feeling coldly towards Frankland?
3. While searching for Selden on the moor, what frightens both Sir Henry and Watson?
4. Why is Watson glad to see Holmes after going to the stone hut?
5. Why did Mrs. Lyons wish to meet with Sir Charles on the night of his death?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)