|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the deal Stapleton strikes with Sir Henry?
(a) Henry will go with Stapleton on a moth-catching expedition so that he might get to know his sister's suitor better.
(b) Henry will allow Stapleton to inspect the grounds every night for signs of the hound.
(c) Henry will allow Miss Stapleton to accompany him on a trip to London.
(d) Henry will build a friendship with Miss Stapleton for three months, after which he will be allowed to start wooing her.
2. To whom does this statement apply: "Evil indeed is the man who has not one woman to mourn him" ?
3. What sort of business did the people on the moor help L.L. set up?
(a) A dogbreeding business.
(b) A veterinarian clinic.
(c) A typewriting business.
(d) A branch of a legislative firm.
4. What does Watson find in the stone hut that pertains to him?
(a) He finds his brand of cigarettes.
(b) He finds his letters to Holmes.
(c) He finds a note that details his whereabouts for the day.
(d) He finds his old overcoat.
5. Why is Barrymore angry after Sir Henry and Watson learn the truth of his strange behavior?
(a) He does not believe Watson and Sir Henry should have hunted after Selden.
(b) Sir Henry refuses to allow the Barrymores to leave for London.
(c) He believes they were rude to his wife.
(d) No one believes him when he tells them of the hound.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Barrymore, what is the plan for Selden?
2. To what does Stapleton seem opposed?
3. Who is bringing Holmes supplies at the hut?
4. Where do Holmes, Watson, and Lestrade situate themselves?
5. Why did Stapleton tie up and gag his wife?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)