|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Sir Henry do to help Holmes solve the case?
(a) Sir Henry must fake his own death.
(b) Sir Henry must blindly do whatever Holmes tells him.
(c) Sir Henry must learn the lay of the land between his house and Stapleton's house.
(d) Sir Henry must call to the hound.
2. What does Watson witness when he follows Sir Henry?
(a) Watson sees Sir Henry being stalked by the hound.
(b) Watson sees Frankland watching them on his telescope.
(c) Watson sees a pony sink into the Grimpen Mire.
(d) Watson sees an encounter between Sir Henry and Miss Stapleton, which is interrupted by Stapleton.
3. When Holmes has Watson focus solely on the face in the portrait, what does Watson see?
(a) Frankland looks exactly like Hugo.
(b) Stapleton looks exactly like Hugo.
(c) Barrymore looks exactly like Hugo.
(d) Sir Charles and Hugo look identical.
4. How did Sir Charles hear about Mrs. Lyons's situation?
(a) Stapleton told him.
(b) Barrymore told him.
(c) Frankland told him.
(d) Dr. Mortimer told him.
5. What sort of business did the people on the moor help L.L. set up?
(a) A branch of a legislative firm.
(b) A dogbreeding business.
(c) A veterinarian clinic.
(d) A typewriting business.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the hound die?
2. Who is the man that was killed on the moor?
3. After leaving Frankland's manor, where does Watson go?
4. Who arrives from London to help Holmes?
5. Where do Holmes, Watson, and Lestrade situate themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Laura Lyons live in Coombe Tracey?
2. What is suspicious of Barrymore's behavior?
3. What does Mrs. Stapleton reveal about her husband?
4. Why did the hound and the men mistake Selden for Sir Henry?
5. What are Watson's fanciful impressions of the moor in his letter to Holmes?
6. What are Watson's impressions of the mysterious figure he sees on the tor?
7. What is Mrs. Lyons's relationship to Sir Charles?
8. Why was Holmes able to recognize Stapleton's features in Hugo Baskerville?
9. What does the hound look like?
10. Why is Sir Henry upset with Watson and Holmes?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)