Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
(a) Holmes realizes that Baskerville Hall is not dangerous.
(b) Holmes realizes Sir Henry will not get any work done in London.
(c) Holmes knows now that Sir Henry is being followed in London.
(d) Sir Henry announces that he plans to tear down Baskerville Hall.
2. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A boot.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A hat.
(d) A walking stick.
3. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
(a) The cruelty.
(b) The temper.
(c) The godlessness.
(d) The intelligence.
4. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
(a) 221 B Baker Street.
(b) 112 A Devonshire Boulevard.
(c) 221 B Butcher Avenue.
(d) 221 South London Street.
5. What is Stapleton's profession?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A barrister.
(c) A naturalist.
(d) A professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When questioned by Sir Henry about the strange sound in the night, what lie does Barrymore tell?
2. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
3. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
4. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the hotel, what does Sir Henry claim to have lost this time?
5. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sir Henry upset with Watson and Holmes?
2. Why can Holmes not arrest Stapleton?
3. What is significant about Stapleton returning the brown boot, only to steal the black boot?
4. How did Stapleton deceive Mrs. Lyons?
5. What is significant about the letter being made up of words from the London Times?
6. What is Stapleton's theory about how Sir Charles died?
7. How did Holmes survive all those weeks on the moor?
8. Why did Dr. Mortimer advise Sir Charles to go to London?
9. Why does Watson now suspect Barrymore is the murderer?
10. What are Watson's impressions of the stone hut?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)