Short Answer Questions Key
1. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
221 B Baker Street.
2. Where does chapter one take place?
3. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
A walking stick.
4. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
An elderly, country doctor.
5. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
Charing Cross Hospital.
6. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
A young, unambitious doctor.
7. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
A visiting card from the absent-minded.
This section contains 6,532 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)