|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When questioned by Sir Henry about the strange sound in the night, what lie does Barrymore tell?
(a) He lies about where he was the night Sir Charles died.
(b) He lies about his wife crying the night before.
(c) He lies about having been wandering the halls the night before.
(d) He lies about whether he has heard the hound or not.
2. Who is the man that was killed on the moor?
(d) Dr. Mortimer.
3. How did Stapleton hope the dog would kill Henry?
(a) Stapleton kept the hound half-starved and feral.
(b) Stapleton hoped to kill Sir Henry as he killed Sir Charles.
(c) Stapleton hoped the dog would chase Sir Henry off a cliff.
(d) Stapleton hoped Sir Henry would kill himself out of fear.
4. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
(a) He was the only one there.
(b) Everyone was drunk.
(c) No one cared.
(d) The prints were too far away.
5. After asking questions about Frankland's daughter, how does Watson distract Dr. Mortimer from asking any questions?
(a) Watson asks about the doctor's family.
(b) Watson asks about Frankland's skull.
(c) Watson asks to hear the story of the hound again.
(d) Watson asks to hear other local legends that could be influencing the perceived sightings of the hound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Stapleton kennel the hound?
2. What revelation upsets Laura Lyons?
3. How is Holmes able to deduce the size of Dr. Mortimer's dog?
4. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
5. What does Frankland show Watson on his telescope?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)