|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson keep hearing from the moor?
(a) A woman sobbing.
(b) A train.
(c) A man screaming.
(d) The baying of a hound.
2. Why is Barrymore angry after Sir Henry and Watson learn the truth of his strange behavior?
(a) No one believes him when he tells them of the hound.
(b) He does not believe Watson and Sir Henry should have hunted after Selden.
(c) He believes they were rude to his wife.
(d) Sir Henry refuses to allow the Barrymores to leave for London.
3. Where do Holmes, Watson, and Lestrade situate themselves?
(a) Near Lew Trenchard.
(b) By the Grimpen Mire.
(c) Near Stapleton's house.
(d) Outside of Baskerville Hall.
4. What possibility does Holmes rule out when he discovers that Henry does not have a will?
(a) Holmes realizes that Sir Henry may be the murderer.
(b) Holmes decides that there is no murderer.
(c) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs could not be the culprit.
(d) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs is the culprit.
5. According to Watson, what is one of Holmes's faults?
(a) Holmes is too vain.
(b) Holmes can be lazy.
(c) Holmes underestimates everyone around him.
(d) Holmes never tells anyone his plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
2. What possible motive for Barrymore's strange behavior does Watson surmise?
3. What does Barrymore tell Watson about the mysterious man on the moor?
4. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
5. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)