|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
(a) Holmes sends a package to Baskerville Hall.
(b) Holmes asks the neighbors if they have seen Barrymore.
(c) He sends a telegram for him to Baskerville Hall that requires an immediate response.
(d) Holmes has a friend watch Baskerville Hall.
2. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
(a) A manuscript.
(b) A walking stick.
(c) A will.
(d) A bone.
3. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
(a) An older, incompetent doctor.
(b) An older, caring doctor.
(c) A young, ambitious doctor.
(d) A young, unambitious doctor.
4. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
(a) Charles Baskerville.
(b) Hank Baskerville.
(c) Henry Baskerville.
(d) Hugo Baskerville.
5. How does Holmes spend his time before meeting with Sir Henry in the afternoon following their first meeting?
(b) Playing violin.
(c) In an art gallery.
(d) At the theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is Sir Henry left in after the attack and the truth about the Stapletons is revealed?
2. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
3. What does Miss Stapleton tell Watson when she first meets him on the moor?
4. What is Stapleton's profession?
5. Where does chapter one take place?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)