|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Sir Henry is inside Merripit House, what begins to happen that Holmes fears could disrupt their plan?
(a) Lestrade begins to feel ill.
(b) The fog rolls in.
(c) It begins to rain.
(d) A windstorm brews.
2. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
(a) A walking stick.
(b) A bank note.
(c) A telegram from Canada.
(d) A letter.
3. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Doing cocaine and thinking.
(b) Playing violin and thinking.
(c) Smoking and thinking.
(d) Drinking and thinking.
4. What had Stapleton falsely promised Mrs. Lyons?
(a) He promised to marry her after she was granted a divorce.
(b) He promised to give her Baskerville Hall.
(c) He promised to help her pursue a suit with Sir Henry.
(d) He promised to help her leave the country.
5. Why is Watson upset at Holmes's deception?
(a) Watson believes that Holmes's deception allowed the villain to get away.
(b) Watson believes Holmes was in grave danger.
(c) Watson believes his careful reports to Holmes have been a waste of time.
(d) Watson believes Sir Henry was put at a higher risk by Holmes's deception.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sir Charles die?
2. What is the deal Stapleton strikes with Sir Henry?
3. Where did Stapleton kennel the hound?
4. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
5. Where does Stapleton take Sir Henry and Watson in Chapter 8?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)