|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assures Watson that the hound is mortal?
(a) He sees it make impressions in the earth.
(b) He hears it breathing.
(c) Lestrade is able to call to it.
(d) Holmes was able to wound it.
2. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A walking stick.
(b) A hat.
(c) A boot.
(d) A notebook.
3. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
(a) He found the cut-up newspaper.
(b) The color of the newsprint.
(c) The font.
(d) The date was on one of the words.
4. What does Holmes advise to Watson before Watson leaves for Devonshire with Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer?
(a) To always have a dog with him.
(b) To never go out on the moor.
(c) To take up smoking.
(d) To stay armed at all times.
5. Who arrives from London to help Holmes?
(a) Stapleton's brother.
(c) Sir Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frankland show Watson on his telescope?
2. What does Sir Henry do that Holmes strongly advises against?
3. What do Sir Henry, Dr. Mortimer, and Watson discover as they travel to the moor?
4. When questioned by Sir Henry about the strange sound in the night, what lie does Barrymore tell?
5. What is the deal Stapleton strikes with Sir Henry?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)