|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possible motive for Barrymore's strange behavior does Watson surmise?
(a) Watson wonders if Barrymore is attempting to rob Sir Henry.
(b) Watson wonders if Barrymore is trying to distract him.
(c) Watson wonders if Barrymore is trying to find the hound himself.
(d) Watson wonders if Barrymore is cheating on his wife.
2. Why did Mrs. Lyons wish to meet with Sir Charles so secretly?
(a) She wanted to keep her friendship with Sir Charles secret from her father.
(b) She wanted to avoid a scandal by meeting privately with a bachelor.
(c) She wanted to keep her relationship a secret from her estranged husband.
(d) She did not want to face Barrymore.
3. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
(a) Hugo killed a gypsy's dog.
(b) Hugo killed the daughter of a yeoman.
(c) Hugo sent a man to die in Grimpen Mire.
(d) Hugo kidnapped the daughter of a yeoman.
4. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
(a) Holmes realizes Sir Henry will not get any work done in London.
(b) Holmes realizes that Baskerville Hall is not dangerous.
(c) Sir Henry announces that he plans to tear down Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes knows now that Sir Henry is being followed in London.
5. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the hotel, what does Sir Henry claim to have lost this time?
(a) A black hat.
(b) A black boot.
(c) An overcoat.
(d) A pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. While searching for Selden on the moor, what frightens both Sir Henry and Watson?
2. How did Barrymore make the discovery of why Sir Charles went to the gate the night he died?
3. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
4. Where does chapter one take place?
5. What occurs in Chapter 15?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)