|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Watson upset at Holmes's deception?
(a) Watson believes his careful reports to Holmes have been a waste of time.
(b) Watson believes that Holmes's deception allowed the villain to get away.
(c) Watson believes Holmes was in grave danger.
(d) Watson believes Sir Henry was put at a higher risk by Holmes's deception.
2. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
(a) No one cared.
(b) Everyone was drunk.
(c) He was the only one there.
(d) The prints were too far away.
3. What would Dr. Mortimer like to do?
(a) Write a letter to Holmes.
(b) Play violin with Holmes.
(c) Take Holmes and Watson to dinner.
(d) Study Holmes's skull.
4. After leaving Frankland's manor, where does Watson go?
(a) He goes to the spot where he saw the boy.
(b) He goes to the Grimpen Mire.
(c) He goes back to Baskerville Hall.
(d) He goes to the Fox Tor to search for Sir Henry.
5. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Stapleton's motive for the murders?
2. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
3. How did Sir Charles hear about Mrs. Lyons's situation?
4. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
5. Before the death of Sir Charles, what had appeared to people on the moor?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)