|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
2. What about the letter of warning to Sir Henry made Holmes realize a woman was involved?
(a) Holmes found a long hair on the paper.
(b) Holmes smelled perfume on the paper.
(c) Holmes saw small fingerprints on the paper.
(d) Holmes recognized Mrs. Stapleton's handwriting.
3. What does the first telegram to Holmes reveal?
(a) Barrymore appears to have left the country.
(b) Barrymore does not appear to be at Baskerville Hall.
(c) Barrymore appears to be in London.
(d) Barrymore appears to be at Baskerville Hall.
4. What is Mr. Frankland's favorite pastime?
(a) Charity work.
5. Why did Stapleton tie up and gag his wife?
(a) She was going to try to kill Sir Henry herself.
(b) She was going to run away.
(c) To prevent her from warning Sir Henry.
(d) She tried to kill her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
2. Where did Sir Charles die?
3. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
4. How does Watson know Barrymore is lying?
5. What occurs in Chapter 15?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)