|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Stapleton convince Mrs. Lyons to not meet with Sir Charles the night he died?
(a) Stapleton tells her that Sir Charles is too ill to meet with her.
(b) Stapleton said he was too proud to allow another man to help her.
(c) Stapleton says that he fears it is too dangerous for her to go alone.
(d) Stapleton convinces her that Sir Charles does not wish to see her.
2. What does Watson keep hearing from the moor?
(a) A train.
(b) The baying of a hound.
(c) A man screaming.
(d) A woman sobbing.
3. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
(b) Sir Henry.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
4. What does Stapleton do when he visits Baskerville Hall after Watson has followed Sir Henry?
(a) Stapleton apologizes for his rudeness to Sir Henry in regards to his sister.
(b) Stapleton tries to hire the Barrymores away from Sir Henry.
(c) Stapleton attempts to pay Sir Henry to leave for London.
(d) Stapleton strikes Sir Henry for talking to his sister.
5. What happens when Sir Henry begins his walk home?
(a) The hound appears.
(b) Mrs. Stapleton cries out.
(c) Gunshots are heard.
(d) It begins to storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stapleton reveal that shocks Watson?
2. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
3. What does Sir Henry do when Barrymore refuses to answer his questions?
4. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
5. When questioned by Sir Henry about the strange sound in the night, what lie does Barrymore tell?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)