|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson keep hearing from the moor?
(a) A train.
(b) The baying of a hound.
(c) A man screaming.
(d) A woman sobbing.
2. After asking questions about Frankland's daughter, how does Watson distract Dr. Mortimer from asking any questions?
(a) Watson asks about the doctor's family.
(b) Watson asks about Frankland's skull.
(c) Watson asks to hear other local legends that could be influencing the perceived sightings of the hound.
(d) Watson asks to hear the story of the hound again.
3. After hearing a man scream on the moor, what do Watson and Holmes hear next?
(a) A carriage rattling behind them.
(b) The baying of the hound.
(c) A woman sobbing.
4. Where is the man on the moor staying?
(a) The stone huts on the hillside.
(b) The Grimpen Mire.
(c) Fox Tor.
(d) A tin miner's hut.
5. What occurs in Chapter 15?
(a) Watson fosters the hound.
(b) Holmes recounts the case.
(c) Sir Henry dies.
(d) Stapleton resurfaces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Watson feeling coldly towards Frankland?
2. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
3. What is the deal Stapleton strikes with Sir Henry?
4. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
5. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)