|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes spend his time before meeting with Sir Henry in the afternoon following their first meeting?
(a) Playing violin.
(b) In an art gallery.
(c) At the theater.
2. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo marries the girl.
(b) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(c) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
(d) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
3. Who is bringing Holmes supplies at the hut?
(b) Sir Henry.
4. What is Frankland wishing to celebrate?
(a) He has decided to reunite with his daughter.
(b) He won a lawsuit.
(c) He won a large settlement.
(d) He found the hound.
5. What has excited Dr. Mortimer?
(a) He found a prehistoric skull on an excavation.
(b) He found gold in the soil.
(c) He found evidence of the hound.
(d) He found where the convict is hiding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of dog is the hound?
2. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
3. What does Mrs. Barrymore confess?
4. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
5. Where did Stapleton kennel the hound?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)