|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Lyons, what did she do the night she was to meet with Sir Charles?
(a) She met with Sir Charles, but nothing happened.
(b) She was detained by a private matter, but sent a telegram to Sir Charles to not meet her.
(c) She met with Sir Charles and saw the hound.
(d) She was detained by a private matter and did not make the meeting.
2. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
(a) A present.
(b) A visiting card from the absent-minded.
(c) The mark of a careless, untrustworthy man.
(d) A rude gesture.
3. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
(a) Hugo kidnapped the daughter of a yeoman.
(b) Hugo killed the daughter of a yeoman.
(c) Hugo killed a gypsy's dog.
(d) Hugo sent a man to die in Grimpen Mire.
4. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
(a) Around forty, pale, and of average height.
(b) Around sixty and gray.
(c) Around forty and of military bearing.
(d) Around thirty, dark complected, and tall.
5. What does Sir Henry do when Barrymore refuses to answer his questions?
(a) He cuts Barrymore's pay.
(b) He threatens to tell everyone Barrymore is the murderer.
(c) He fires Barrymore.
(d) He strikes Barrymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Barrymore and his wife wish to leave Baskerville Hall?
2. How does the hound die?
3. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
4. What assures Watson that the hound is mortal?
5. Why did Mrs. Lyons wish to meet with Sir Charles on the night of his death?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)