|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Stapleton refuse to do for her husband?
(a) She refused to care for the hound.
(b) She refused to relay messages to Holmes.
(c) She refused to be bait for Sir Charles.
(d) She refused to kill Sir Henry.
2. What occurs in Chapter 15?
(a) Stapleton resurfaces.
(b) Sir Henry dies.
(c) Watson fosters the hound.
(d) Holmes recounts the case.
3. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
(a) His cruel humor.
(b) He beat a man to death for looking at him wrong.
(c) His scarred face.
(d) He frequently abandoned people for dead on the moor.
4. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
(a) He wants Holmes to investigate Sir Charles's will.
(b) He wants Holmes to kill the hound.
(c) He wants Watson to get an autopsy report for Sir Charles.
(d) He fears for Sir Henry's safety if he is to go to the hall.
5. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
(a) A dog.
(b) A gun.
(c) The footprints of a giant hound.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
2. After asking questions about Frankland's daughter, how does Watson distract Dr. Mortimer from asking any questions?
3. Who is the man on the moor?
4. What is Sir Henry's opinion of Baskerville Hall?
5. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)