|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Stapleton refuse to do for her husband?
(a) She refused to be bait for Sir Charles.
(b) She refused to relay messages to Holmes.
(c) She refused to kill Sir Henry.
(d) She refused to care for the hound.
2. How did Sir Charles hear about Mrs. Lyons's situation?
(a) Barrymore told him.
(b) Frankland told him.
(c) Stapleton told him.
(d) Dr. Mortimer told him.
3. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
(a) He frequently abandoned people for dead on the moor.
(b) His cruel humor.
(c) He beat a man to death for looking at him wrong.
(d) His scarred face.
4. What assures Watson that the hound is mortal?
(a) Lestrade is able to call to it.
(b) He sees it make impressions in the earth.
(c) Holmes was able to wound it.
(d) He hears it breathing.
5. While searching for Selden on the moor, what frightens both Sir Henry and Watson?
(a) They find a dead body.
(b) They see a man sink into the Grimpen Mire.
(c) They hear a hound howling on the moor.
(d) They hear someone screaming for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Stapleton steal Sir Henry's boot?
2. In what matter is everyone in Baskerville Hall on the wrong side of the law?
3. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
4. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
5. Why did Mrs. Lyons wish to meet with Sir Charles on the night of his death?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)