|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
(a) A man with a possibly fake beard.
(b) A woman dressed up as a man.
(c) A man dressed up as a priest.
(d) A street urchin.
2. Where did Sir Charles die?
(a) Fox Tor.
(b) The entrance of the yew alley.
(c) The entrance to his bedroom.
(d) Grimpen Mire.
3. What does Holmes have Watson send up to him?
(d) His violin.
4. Why did Mrs. Lyons wish to meet with Sir Charles so secretly?
(a) She wanted to keep her friendship with Sir Charles secret from her father.
(b) She wanted to keep her relationship a secret from her estranged husband.
(c) She wanted to avoid a scandal by meeting privately with a bachelor.
(d) She did not want to face Barrymore.
5. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
(a) Sir Charles's last will and testament.
(b) Maps of Devonshire.
(c) The legend of the Baskerville hound.
(d) A newspaper article.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is Sir Henry left in after the attack and the truth about the Stapletons is revealed?
2. After asking questions about Frankland's daughter, how does Watson distract Dr. Mortimer from asking any questions?
3. Who does Dr. Mortimer say has a beard like the man that was following them?
4. What is the deal Stapleton strikes with Sir Henry?
5. According to Mrs. Lyons, what did she do the night she was to meet with Sir Charles?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)