|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possibility does Holmes rule out when he discovers that Henry does not have a will?
(a) Holmes realizes that Sir Henry may be the murderer.
(b) Holmes decides that there is no murderer.
(c) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs could not be the culprit.
(d) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs is the culprit.
2. Why is Watson feeling coldly towards Frankland?
(a) He believes Frankland had a hand in Sir Charles's death.
(b) He believes Frankland abused his daughter.
(c) He disapproves of Frankland's abandonment of his daughter.
(d) He believes Frankland is the one stirring up rumors of the hound.
3. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
(a) The font.
(b) The color of the newsprint.
(c) He found the cut-up newspaper.
(d) The date was on one of the words.
4. Before the death of Sir Charles, what had appeared to people on the moor?
(a) A carriage.
(b) The hound.
(d) A mysterious man on the moor.
5. What is Stapleton's profession?
(a) A professor.
(b) A barrister.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A naturalist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
2. What assures Watson that the hound is mortal?
3. What was Stapleton's motive for the murders?
4. What does Watson believe is the identity of the man on the moor?
5. What was spread over the hound to give it a ghoulish look?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)