|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did the bearded man who followed Sir Henry give the cabman?
(a) Sir Henry Baskerville.
(b) Dr. John Watson.
(c) Professor James Moriarty.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
2. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
(a) A lucky detective.
(b) The second-best detective in Europe.
(c) The best detective in Europe.
(d) The most brilliant mind of the decade.
3. Why did Stapleton tie up and gag his wife?
(a) She was going to run away.
(b) She was going to try to kill Sir Henry herself.
(c) She tried to kill her husband.
(d) To prevent her from warning Sir Henry.
4. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
(a) The cruelty.
(b) The temper.
(c) The godlessness.
(d) The intelligence.
5. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
(a) He believes the servants set up Sir Charles's murder.
(b) He believes it may be supernatural in nature.
(c) He believes he may be next.
(d) He believes the hound is haunting him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
2. Who does Dr. Mortimer say has a beard like the man that was following them?
3. How is Holmes able to deduce the size of Dr. Mortimer's dog?
4. What does Watson deduce about the candle?
5. According to Mrs. Lyons, what did she do the night she was to meet with Sir Charles?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)