|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Holmes and Watson's deductions, who must have sent the message of warning to Sir Henry in London?
(a) Miss Stapleton.
(d) Dr. Mortimer.
2. What does Watson keep hearing from the moor?
(a) A man screaming.
(b) The baying of a hound.
(c) A train.
(d) A woman sobbing.
3. What do Sir Henry and Watson do to entrap Barrymore?
(a) They trick Barrymore into coming outside with them at night.
(b) They stay up all night until they hear him come to the window with a candle.
(c) They have Dr. Mortimer follow Barrymore around for a day.
(d) They ask Mrs. Barrymore what her husband's habits are at night.
4. What does Sir Henry do when Barrymore refuses to answer his questions?
(a) He strikes Barrymore.
(b) He threatens to tell everyone Barrymore is the murderer.
(c) He fires Barrymore.
(d) He cuts Barrymore's pay.
5. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) The sender is uneducated and trying to sound educated.
(b) The sender is highly disturbed.
(c) The sender is not English.
(d) The sender is trying to conceal his or her's education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
2. What possibility does Holmes rule out when he discovers that Henry does not have a will?
3. According to the letter to Holmes, what is the status on the escaped convict?
4. Where did Stapleton kennel the hound?
5. According to Watson, what is one of Holmes's faults?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)