|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Frankland spend his time when at home?
(a) He spends time with his daughter, who is a painter.
(b) He spends time restoring his home.
(c) He uses his telescope to look at the moor, ostensibly for the convict.
(d) He is writing a history of Devonshire.
2. What does Watson deduce about the candle?
(a) He realizes that Barrymore is plotting to burn down Baskerville Hall.
(b) He realizes that Barrymore is merely trying to write in secret at night.
(c) He realizes it is a signal.
(d) He realizes that Barrymore is using it to burn letters.
3. How did Barrymore make the discovery of why Sir Charles went to the gate the night he died?
(a) Mrs. Barrymore made plans to help Sir Charles to the gate.
(b) Mrs. Barrymore found the charred remains of a letter.
(c) Barrymore overheard a conversation with Sir Charles.
(d) Barrymore followed Sir Charles to the gate.
4. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo marries the girl.
(b) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
(c) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
(d) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
5. Who took care of the hound while Stapleton was following Sir Henry in London?
(b) Mrs. Stapleton.
(c) Stapleton's manservant.
Short Answer Questions
1. While returning to Baskerville Hall after trying to find Selden, what does Watson observe on one of the tors?
2. After learning that Mrs. Barrymore answered the telegram for her husband, what does Watson observe about the lady?
3. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
4. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
5. Why did Stapleton steal Sir Henry's boot?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)