|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) He marks the letter to be returned to the sender.
(b) He asks the postman.
(c) He suggests Sir Henry reply to it.
(d) He suggests they check all the trashcans for the cut-up newspaper near Charing Cross.
2. What is Mr. Frankland's favorite pastime?
(d) Charity work.
3. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
(a) He had diabetes.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He had a heart condition.
(d) He had the gout.
4. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
(a) Sir Henry.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
5. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
(a) The previous day's Devonshire Times.
(b) The current Devonshire Times.
(c) The previous day's London Times.
(d) The current London TImes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What false theory does Watson give Stapleton about how the man died?
2. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
3. How does Mr. Frankland spend his time when at home?
4. What manner of narration is used in Chapter 10?
5. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)