|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has excited Dr. Mortimer?
(a) He found a prehistoric skull on an excavation.
(b) He found where the convict is hiding.
(c) He found evidence of the hound.
(d) He found gold in the soil.
2. What does Watson witness when he follows Sir Henry?
(a) Watson sees Sir Henry being stalked by the hound.
(b) Watson sees an encounter between Sir Henry and Miss Stapleton, which is interrupted by Stapleton.
(c) Watson sees a pony sink into the Grimpen Mire.
(d) Watson sees Frankland watching them on his telescope.
3. What does Miss Stapleton tell Watson when she first meets him on the moor?
(a) She tells him to return to London.
(b) She tells him she is going to kill herself in three nights.
(c) She tells him she knows Sherlock Holmes is around.
(d) She tells him she knows who killed Sir Charles.
4. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
(a) Sir Charles marked time with pebbles.
(b) He noticed that cigar ash had dropped twice.
(c) He watched Sir Charles the night he died.
(d) Sir Charles's watch had been smashed.
5. While searching for Selden on the moor, what frightens both Sir Henry and Watson?
(a) They hear someone screaming for help.
(b) They find a dead body.
(c) They hear a hound howling on the moor.
(d) They see a man sink into the Grimpen Mire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does chapter one take place?
2. After learning that Mrs. Barrymore answered the telegram for her husband, what does Watson observe about the lady?
3. What impression does Watson have of Baskerville Hall in the morning in Chapter 7?
4. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
5. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)