|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sir Henry saddened at the thought of losing the Barrymores?
(a) He believes it is his fault they are leaving.
(b) He does not know how to serve himself.
(c) He thinks they are overreacting to Sir Charles's death.
(d) The Barrymores have served his family for generations.
2. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
(a) Holmes find the doctor to be rude.
(b) Holmes's deductions are mostly, but not completely accurate.
(c) Holmes does not appreciate the doctor just stopping in unannounced.
(d) Holmes's deduction are completely wrong.
3. Watson tells Sir Henry that the postmaster claims that the telegram was actually delivered to Mrs. Barrymore, and Barrymore himself was nowhere in sight. When Sir Henry questions his servant, what does Barrymore reveal to Sir Henry?
(a) Barrymore admits that he was the man in London.
(b) Barrymore admits that he has been walking the halls at night.
(c) Barrymore admits that he sent Sir Henry the warning letter.
(d) Barrymore admits that his wife answered the telegram in his stead.
4. What is Mr. Frankland's favorite pastime?
(b) Charity work.
5. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
(a) Holmes sends Watson to check the wastepaper.
(b) He hires a boy named Cartwright to search the wastepaper of each hotel in Charing Cross.
(c) Holmes checks the wastepaper himself.
(d) He hires a boy named Cartwright to bribe the postman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
2. Where did Sir Charles die?
3. To what does Stapleton seem opposed?
4. On the moor, what does Watson find himself unable to do?
5. What is the Baskerville curse?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)