|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
(a) He wished to marry and start a family.
(b) He made a fortune in South Africa and wished to renovate his ancestral home.
(c) He wished to disprove rumors of the Baskerville hound.
(d) He was going to have the hall destroyed.
2. Because of the convict and out of concern for the Stapletons, what did Sir Henry offer to them, which Stapleton turned down?
(a) The company of Perkins, Sir Henry's groom.
(b) The company of Sir Henry.
(c) The company of Watson.
(d) The company of Barrymore.
3. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
(a) The second-best detective in Europe.
(b) A lucky detective.
(c) The most brilliant mind of the decade.
(d) The best detective in Europe.
4. Who is L.L.?
(a) Laura Lancaster, the youngest sister of Frankland.
(b) Laura Lyons, the daughter of Frankland.
(c) Laura Lols, the cousin of Stapleton.
(d) There is no L.L.
5. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
(a) Over two million pounds.
(b) Several hundreds of pounds.
(c) Nearly a million pounds.
(d) Nearly half a million pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Watson keep hearing from the moor?
2. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
3. What is Stapleton's profession?
4. What does Holmes advise to Watson before Watson leaves for Devonshire with Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer?
5. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)