|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Barrymore, what is the plan for Selden?
(a) Selden will live alone on the moor.
(b) Selden will leave in a few days for South America.
(c) Selden will leave for France in a week.
(d) Selden will assume a new identity in Wales.
2. According to the letter to Holmes, what is the status on the escaped convict?
(a) The convict has likely escaped the area.
(b) The convict will likely be caught soon.
(c) The convict will likely turn himself in to escape the inhospitable moor.
(d) The convict has probably died out on the moors.
3. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
(a) He thinks this case is a waste of time.
(b) He does not care for Sir Charles.
(c) He believes Dr. Mortimer is paranoid.
(d) He wishes Dr. Mortimer had called him in sooner.
4. What would Dr. Mortimer like to do?
(a) Take Holmes and Watson to dinner.
(b) Study Holmes's skull.
(c) Play violin with Holmes.
(d) Write a letter to Holmes.
5. How does Holmes spend his time before meeting with Sir Henry in the afternoon following their first meeting?
(a) In an art gallery.
(b) At the theater.
(d) Playing violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
2. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
3. Why is Sir Henry saddened at the thought of losing the Barrymores?
4. What does Watson believe is the identity of the man on the moor?
5. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)