|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stapleton do when he visits Baskerville Hall after Watson has followed Sir Henry?
(a) Stapleton strikes Sir Henry for talking to his sister.
(b) Stapleton tries to hire the Barrymores away from Sir Henry.
(c) Stapleton attempts to pay Sir Henry to leave for London.
(d) Stapleton apologizes for his rudeness to Sir Henry in regards to his sister.
2. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
(a) Charing Cross Hospital.
(b) Charing Court Hospital.
(c) Christian Care Hospital.
(d) Christian Cross Hospital.
3. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
(a) Holmes realizes Sir Henry will not get any work done in London.
(b) Holmes realizes that Baskerville Hall is not dangerous.
(c) Sir Henry announces that he plans to tear down Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes knows now that Sir Henry is being followed in London.
4. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
(a) An old boot.
(b) An old suitcoat.
(c) A brown boot.
(d) A brown hat.
5. How is Chapter 8 narrated?
(a) The narration is in the form of letters from Watson to Holmes.
(b) The narration is in the form of letters between Watson and Dr. Mortimer.
(c) The narration is in the form of Watson's journal.
(d) The narration is in the form of newspaper articles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
2. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
3. What is Watson's impression of Miss Stapleton?
4. How does Holmes spend his time before meeting with Sir Henry in the afternoon following their first meeting?
5. What has excited Dr. Mortimer?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)