|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Watson is in Baskerville Hall, what is the only thing he is to report to Holmes?
2. What do Watson and Stapleton see at the bog-hole?
(a) A boot.
(b) A hound.
(c) A skeleton.
(d) A pony is slowly sinking into the mire.
3. To what does Stapleton seem opposed?
(a) He appears to be opposed to walking on the moor alone.
(b) He appears to be opposed to all the constables in the area.
(c) He appears to disapprove of the growing affection between his sister and Sir Henry.
(d) He appears to be opposed to Sir Henry's Americanisms.
4. What do Sir Henry, Dr. Mortimer, and Watson discover as they travel to the moor?
(a) A ghostly apparition has been appearing to people on the moor.
(b) One of Sir Henry's neighbors has moved out.
(c) A dangerous convict has escaped.
(d) Another man has been murdered by the hound.
5. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) The legend of the Baskerville hound.
(c) Maps of Devonshire.
(d) Sir Charles's last will and testament.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the postmaster inadvertently reveal to Watson?
2. What is Mr. Frankland's favorite pastime?
3. What does Watson believe is the identity of the man on the moor?
4. What would Dr. Mortimer like to do?
5. What name did the bearded man who followed Sir Henry give the cabman?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)