|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson keep hearing from the moor?
(a) A train.
(b) The baying of a hound.
(c) A man screaming.
(d) A woman sobbing.
2. What dangerous place on the moor has claimed the lives of several people and animals?
(a) Devon Mire.
(b) The Green Tor.
(c) Fox Tor.
(d) The Grimpen Mire.
3. Watson tells Sir Henry that the postmaster claims that the telegram was actually delivered to Mrs. Barrymore, and Barrymore himself was nowhere in sight. When Sir Henry questions his servant, what does Barrymore reveal to Sir Henry?
(a) Barrymore admits that he sent Sir Henry the warning letter.
(b) Barrymore admits that he was the man in London.
(c) Barrymore admits that he has been walking the halls at night.
(d) Barrymore admits that his wife answered the telegram in his stead.
4. What does Watson hear alone at night in Chapter 6?
(a) Sir Henry having a nightmare.
(b) Mice in the attic.
(c) A woman sobbing.
(d) A hound baying.
5. What is Sir Henry's opinion of Baskerville Hall?
(a) He finds it gloomy.
(b) He finds it cheerful.
(c) He finds it to be too big.
(d) He finds it to be stifling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the woman who wrote the letter to Sir Charles estranged from her family?
2. Why does Sir Henry decide that they must go capture Selden?
3. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
4. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
5. What is the Baskerville curse?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)