|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
(a) The godlessness.
(b) The temper.
(c) The intelligence.
(d) The cruelty.
2. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
3. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A boot.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A hat.
(d) A walking stick.
4. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
(a) He was going to have the hall destroyed.
(b) He wished to marry and start a family.
(c) He made a fortune in South Africa and wished to renovate his ancestral home.
(d) He wished to disprove rumors of the Baskerville hound.
5. To what does Stapleton seem opposed?
(a) He appears to be opposed to all the constables in the area.
(b) He appears to disapprove of the growing affection between his sister and Sir Henry.
(c) He appears to be opposed to Sir Henry's Americanisms.
(d) He appears to be opposed to walking on the moor alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hugo's captive escape?
2. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
3. What manner of narration is used in Chapter 10?
4. Before the death of Sir Charles, what had appeared to people on the moor?
5. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)