|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
(a) The temper.
(b) The cruelty.
(c) The intelligence.
(d) The godlessness.
2. Why is Barrymore angry after Sir Henry and Watson learn the truth of his strange behavior?
(a) No one believes him when he tells them of the hound.
(b) He believes they were rude to his wife.
(c) Sir Henry refuses to allow the Barrymores to leave for London.
(d) He does not believe Watson and Sir Henry should have hunted after Selden.
3. Where did Sir Charles die?
(a) The entrance to his bedroom.
(b) Fox Tor.
(c) Grimpen Mire.
(d) The entrance of the yew alley.
4. Why is Sir Henry saddened at the thought of losing the Barrymores?
(a) He thinks they are overreacting to Sir Charles's death.
(b) He does not know how to serve himself.
(c) He believes it is his fault they are leaving.
(d) The Barrymores have served his family for generations.
5. What does Watson hear alone at night in Chapter 6?
(a) Sir Henry having a nightmare.
(b) A hound baying.
(c) Mice in the attic.
(d) A woman sobbing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dangerous place on the moor has claimed the lives of several people and animals?
2. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
3. What is the Baskerville curse?
4. In his correspondence with Holmes, what happens the previous night that rouses Watson's suspicion?
5. To what does Stapleton seem opposed?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)