|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Henry do when Barrymore refuses to answer his questions?
(a) He fires Barrymore.
(b) He cuts Barrymore's pay.
(c) He strikes Barrymore.
(d) He threatens to tell everyone Barrymore is the murderer.
2. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
(a) Holmes suggests that Sir Henry stay armed at all times.
(b) Holmes sends Watson with Sir Henry for protection.
(c) Holmes suggests that he himself act as bodyguard.
(d) Holmes suggests that Dr. Mortimer act as bodyguard.
3. What excites Sir Henry on the journey where he cries out in delight?
(a) He sees a beautiful woman.
(b) He sees the moor people welcoming him to Baskerville Hall.
(c) He is excited to be back in Devonshire.
(d) He sees a herd of wild ponies running over the moor.
4. What has excited Dr. Mortimer?
(a) He found a prehistoric skull on an excavation.
(b) He found where the convict is hiding.
(c) He found gold in the soil.
(d) He found evidence of the hound.
5. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
(a) The font.
(b) The date was on one of the words.
(c) The color of the newsprint.
(d) He found the cut-up newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possibility does Holmes rule out when he discovers that Henry does not have a will?
2. What manner of narration is used in Chapter 10?
3. How is Holmes able to deduce the size of Dr. Mortimer's dog?
4. What is Mr. Frankland's favorite pastime?
5. What is the deal Stapleton strikes with Sir Henry?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)