|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
(a) He wished to disprove rumors of the Baskerville hound.
(b) He made a fortune in South Africa and wished to renovate his ancestral home.
(c) He wished to marry and start a family.
(d) He was going to have the hall destroyed.
2. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
(a) He found the cut-up newspaper.
(b) The date was on one of the words.
(c) The font.
(d) The color of the newsprint.
3. What does Sir Henry do when Barrymore refuses to answer his questions?
(a) He fires Barrymore.
(b) He strikes Barrymore.
(c) He cuts Barrymore's pay.
(d) He threatens to tell everyone Barrymore is the murderer.
4. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
(a) The splatters showed that the ink bottle was running dry, common for hotels but not for personal use.
(b) He recognized the ink.
(c) The handwriting is too neat to not belong to a hotel clerk.
(d) The handwriting is messy, meaning someone uneducated wrote it.
5. What does the first telegram to Holmes reveal?
(a) Barrymore appears to have left the country.
(b) Barrymore does not appear to be at Baskerville Hall.
(c) Barrymore appears to be at Baskerville Hall.
(d) Barrymore appears to be in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Baskerville curse?
2. What does Miss Stapleton tell Watson when she first meets him on the moor?
3. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
4. What sort of business did the people on the moor help L.L. set up?
5. What does Mrs. Barrymore confess?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)