|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possibility does Holmes rule out when he discovers that Henry does not have a will?
(a) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs could not be the culprit.
(b) Holmes decides that there is no murderer.
(c) Holmes realizes that Sir Henry may be the murderer.
(d) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs is the culprit.
2. What sort of business did the people on the moor help L.L. set up?
(a) A veterinarian clinic.
(b) A dogbreeding business.
(c) A branch of a legislative firm.
(d) A typewriting business.
3. What does Stapleton reveal that shocks Watson?
(a) He is planning on moving into Baskerville Hall.
(b) Stapleton knows that Sherlock Holmes is looking into the death of Sir Charles.
(c) He knew Sir Henry from school.
(d) He was with Sir Charles the night he died.
4. What does Mrs. Barrymore confess?
(a) They inadvertently led Sir Charles to his death.
(b) She is cheating on her husband.
(c) Her husband is cheating on her.
(d) The escaped convict is her brother.
5. According to Holmes, who must Watson focus on as suspects?
(a) Dr. Mortimer and his friends.
(b) Sir Henry's servants and neighbors.
(c) Sir Henry's heirs.
(d) The people in Coombe Tracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
2. What is Stapleton's profession?
3. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
4. After learning that Mrs. Barrymore answered the telegram for her husband, what does Watson observe about the lady?
5. How does Holmes trick the hotel clerk into talking about guests who have checked in after Sir Henry?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)