|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson witness when he follows Sir Henry?
(a) Watson sees Sir Henry being stalked by the hound.
(b) Watson sees an encounter between Sir Henry and Miss Stapleton, which is interrupted by Stapleton.
(c) Watson sees a pony sink into the Grimpen Mire.
(d) Watson sees Frankland watching them on his telescope.
2. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
(a) The study of the human hand.
(d) The study of skull formations.
3. What do Sir Henry, Dr. Mortimer, and Watson discover as they travel to the moor?
(a) One of Sir Henry's neighbors has moved out.
(b) Another man has been murdered by the hound.
(c) A dangerous convict has escaped.
(d) A ghostly apparition has been appearing to people on the moor.
4. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) Sir Henry.
5. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
(a) A bank note.
(b) A letter.
(c) A telegram from Canada.
(d) A walking stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
2. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
3. How does Holmes trick the hotel clerk into talking about guests who have checked in after Sir Henry?
4. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
5. According to Holmes, who must Watson focus on as suspects?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)