|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
(b) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(c) Hugo marries the girl.
(d) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
2. Who is L.L.?
(a) Laura Lyons, the daughter of Frankland.
(b) Laura Lancaster, the youngest sister of Frankland.
(c) There is no L.L.
(d) Laura Lols, the cousin of Stapleton.
3. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
(a) The prints were too far away.
(b) No one cared.
(c) Everyone was drunk.
(d) He was the only one there.
4. Who does Dr. Mortimer say has a beard like the man that was following them?
(a) Barrymore's brother.
(b) Anthony, Sir Charles's groom.
(c) Barrymore, Sir Charles's butler.
(d) Frankland, one of the Baskerville neighbors.
5. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
(a) Holmes realizes Sir Henry will not get any work done in London.
(b) Holmes realizes that Baskerville Hall is not dangerous.
(c) Holmes knows now that Sir Henry is being followed in London.
(d) Sir Henry announces that he plans to tear down Baskerville Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
2. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
3. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
4. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
5. What does the postmaster inadvertently reveal to Watson?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)