|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) He suggests they check all the trashcans for the cut-up newspaper near Charing Cross.
(b) He marks the letter to be returned to the sender.
(c) He asks the postman.
(d) He suggests Sir Henry reply to it.
2. What does Barrymore tell Watson about the mysterious man on the moor?
(a) Selden reports that the man is a foreigner.
(b) Selden had informed his brother-in-law that the man has a young boy bringing him what he needs.
(c) Selden believes he is an appartion.
(d) Selden sees a young woman frequently going to vsiti the man with supplies.
3. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
(a) Charles Baskerville.
(b) Hugo Baskerville.
(c) Hank Baskerville.
(d) Henry Baskerville.
4. Why is Sir Henry saddened at the thought of losing the Barrymores?
(a) He thinks they are overreacting to Sir Charles's death.
(b) The Barrymores have served his family for generations.
(c) He believes it is his fault they are leaving.
(d) He does not know how to serve himself.
5. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
(a) Holmes sends a package to Baskerville Hall.
(b) Holmes has a friend watch Baskerville Hall.
(c) Holmes asks the neighbors if they have seen Barrymore.
(d) He sends a telegram for him to Baskerville Hall that requires an immediate response.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the death of Sir Charles, what had appeared to people on the moor?
2. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
3. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
4. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
5. What does Watson hear coming from the moor?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)