|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes advise to Watson before Watson leaves for Devonshire with Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer?
(a) To always have a dog with him.
(b) To take up smoking.
(c) To never go out on the moor.
(d) To stay armed at all times.
2. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
(a) Sir Charles was actually running.
(b) Sir Charles was stepping carefully.
(c) Dr. Mortimer is right.
(d) A woman followed Sir Charles outside.
3. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
(a) A manuscript.
(b) A will.
(c) A bone.
(d) A walking stick.
4. What has excited Dr. Mortimer?
(a) He found evidence of the hound.
(b) He found gold in the soil.
(c) He found where the convict is hiding.
(d) He found a prehistoric skull on an excavation.
5. What do Sir Henry, Dr. Mortimer, and Watson discover as they travel to the moor?
(a) One of Sir Henry's neighbors has moved out.
(b) A dangerous convict has escaped.
(c) A ghostly apparition has been appearing to people on the moor.
(d) Another man has been murdered by the hound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of the convict and out of concern for the Stapletons, what did Sir Henry offer to them, which Stapleton turned down?
2. Watson tells Sir Henry that the postmaster claims that the telegram was actually delivered to Mrs. Barrymore, and Barrymore himself was nowhere in sight. When Sir Henry questions his servant, what does Barrymore reveal to Sir Henry?
3. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
4. How does Watson know Barrymore is lying?
5. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)