|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hugo's captive escape?
(a) She crawled down the ivy-covered wall.
(b) She bribed his servant.
(c) She sneaked out of his bedroom.
(d) She used the entrance to the yew alley.
2. Where does chapter one take place?
3. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
(a) The splatters showed that the ink bottle was running dry, common for hotels but not for personal use.
(b) The handwriting is too neat to not belong to a hotel clerk.
(c) The handwriting is messy, meaning someone uneducated wrote it.
(d) He recognized the ink.
4. What does Barrymore tell Watson about the mysterious man on the moor?
(a) Selden had informed his brother-in-law that the man has a young boy bringing him what he needs.
(b) Selden sees a young woman frequently going to vsiti the man with supplies.
(c) Selden reports that the man is a foreigner.
(d) Selden believes he is an appartion.
5. How does Holmes spend his time before meeting with Sir Henry in the afternoon following their first meeting?
(b) At the theater.
(c) Playing violin.
(d) In an art gallery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Mortimer say has a beard like the man that was following them?
2. In his gratitude for Sir Henry's decision about Selden, what does Barrymore reveal to Sir Henry and Watson?
3. Where did Sir Charles die?
4. When questioned by Sir Henry about the strange sound in the night, what lie does Barrymore tell?
5. Where does Stapleton take Sir Henry and Watson in Chapter 8?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)