|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Baskerville curse?
(a) The hound will avenge the death of any Baskerville.
(b) The Baskervilles are cursed to turn into hounds if they become like Hugo.
(c) Any descendent of the Baskervilles is to never cross the moor at night, though several have died violently.
(d) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
2. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A hat.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A walking stick.
(d) A boot.
3. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
(a) He fears for Sir Henry's safety if he is to go to the hall.
(b) He wants Holmes to investigate Sir Charles's will.
(c) He wants Holmes to kill the hound.
(d) He wants Watson to get an autopsy report for Sir Charles.
4. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
(a) A dog.
(b) The footprints of a giant hound.
(c) A gun.
5. Who does Dr. Mortimer say has a beard like the man that was following them?
(a) Anthony, Sir Charles's groom.
(b) Barrymore's brother.
(c) Barrymore, Sir Charles's butler.
(d) Frankland, one of the Baskerville neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his correspondence with Holmes, what happens the previous night that rouses Watson's suspicion?
2. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
3. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
4. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
5. While searching for Selden on the moor, what frightens both Sir Henry and Watson?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)