|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
(a) Holmes asks the neighbors if they have seen Barrymore.
(b) Holmes sends a package to Baskerville Hall.
(c) He sends a telegram for him to Baskerville Hall that requires an immediate response.
(d) Holmes has a friend watch Baskerville Hall.
2. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
(a) He wants Holmes to investigate Sir Charles's will.
(b) He fears for Sir Henry's safety if he is to go to the hall.
(c) He wants Holmes to kill the hound.
(d) He wants Watson to get an autopsy report for Sir Charles.
3. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
(a) He plays the violin.
(b) He drinks some brandy.
(c) He smokes his pipe.
(d) He does cocaine.
4. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
(a) Hugo Baskerville.
(b) Henry Baskerville.
(c) Hank Baskerville.
(d) Charles Baskerville.
5. By mid-October, what lady is beginning to preoccupy Sir Henry's thoughts, according to Watson?
(a) A yeoman's daughter.
(b) Laura Lyons.
(c) Miss Stapleton.
(d) Mrs. Barrymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sir Henry saddened at the thought of losing the Barrymores?
2. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
3. What does Stapleton do when he visits Baskerville Hall after Watson has followed Sir Henry?
4. How does Holmes trick the hotel clerk into talking about guests who have checked in after Sir Henry?
5. What does Barrymore tell Watson about the mysterious man on the moor?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)