|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes trick the hotel clerk into talking about guests who have checked in after Sir Henry?
(a) Holmes makes the clerk think he is asking about Sir Henry's relatives.
(b) Holmes claims to recognize the names and was wondering if they were friends of his.
(c) Holmes asks about Sir Henry.
(d) Holmes distracts him while Watson looks at the registry.
2. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
(a) The font.
(b) He found the cut-up newspaper.
(c) The date was on one of the words.
(d) The color of the newsprint.
3. What does Watson hear alone at night in Chapter 6?
(a) Sir Henry having a nightmare.
(b) A hound baying.
(c) A woman sobbing.
(d) Mice in the attic.
4. Why does Sir Henry decide that they must go capture Selden?
(a) Selden is a dangerous, violent murderer.
(b) He wants to get back at the Barrymores.
(c) He wants the reward money.
(d) He believes that the Stapletons are in danger from Selden.
5. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
(b) Sir Henry.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
2. What do Watson and Stapleton see at the bog-hole?
3. What is the deal Stapleton strikes with Sir Henry?
4. Who is L.L.?
5. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)