|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sir Henry saddened at the thought of losing the Barrymores?
(a) The Barrymores have served his family for generations.
(b) He believes it is his fault they are leaving.
(c) He does not know how to serve himself.
(d) He thinks they are overreacting to Sir Charles's death.
2. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
(a) Sir Charles was just out on a walk.
(b) Sir Charles wished to smoke his cigar outside.
(c) Sir Charles was waiting for the hound.
(d) Sir Charles was waiting for someone.
3. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
(a) A walking stick.
(b) A letter.
(c) A bank note.
(d) A telegram from Canada.
4. What does Watson hear alone at night in Chapter 6?
(a) Mice in the attic.
(b) A woman sobbing.
(c) Sir Henry having a nightmare.
(d) A hound baying.
5. What does the postmaster inadvertently reveal to Watson?
(a) The telegram was delivered to Mrs. Barrymore, not her husband.
(b) Sir Henry has a package of mail waiting for him.
(c) Sir Charles had a mysterious package delivered to him the day before his death.
(d) One of the neighbors has been reading Sir Charles's mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
2. What does Sir Henry plan to do to the yew bridge?
3. Where did Sir Charles die?
4. How is Holmes able to deduce the size of Dr. Mortimer's dog?
5. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)