|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Drinking and thinking.
(b) Playing violin and thinking.
(c) Smoking and thinking.
(d) Doing cocaine and thinking.
2. How does Holmes trick the hotel clerk into talking about guests who have checked in after Sir Henry?
(a) Holmes claims to recognize the names and was wondering if they were friends of his.
(b) Holmes asks about Sir Henry.
(c) Holmes makes the clerk think he is asking about Sir Henry's relatives.
(d) Holmes distracts him while Watson looks at the registry.
3. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
(b) A dog.
(c) A gun.
(d) The footprints of a giant hound.
4. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
(b) Holmes advises him to return home.
(c) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
(d) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
5. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo marries the girl.
(b) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(c) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
(d) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stapleton's profession?
2. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
3. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
4. How is Holmes able to deduce the size of Dr. Mortimer's dog?
5. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)