|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Henry plan to do to the yew bridge?
(a) Install electric lights to dispel the gloom.
(b) Open it up for the public.
(c) Tear it down.
(d) Make it a memorial to Sir Charles.
2. According to Holmes, who must Watson focus on as suspects?
(a) Sir Henry's servants and neighbors.
(b) The people in Coombe Tracy.
(c) Sir Henry's heirs.
(d) Dr. Mortimer and his friends.
3. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
(a) Hugo killed the daughter of a yeoman.
(b) Hugo kidnapped the daughter of a yeoman.
(c) Hugo killed a gypsy's dog.
(d) Hugo sent a man to die in Grimpen Mire.
4. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) Sir Charles's last will and testament.
(c) Maps of Devonshire.
(d) The legend of the Baskerville hound.
5. What does the postmaster inadvertently reveal to Watson?
(a) The telegram was delivered to Mrs. Barrymore, not her husband.
(b) Sir Charles had a mysterious package delivered to him the day before his death.
(c) One of the neighbors has been reading Sir Charles's mail.
(d) Sir Henry has a package of mail waiting for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dangerous place on the moor has claimed the lives of several people and animals?
2. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
3. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
4. What excites Sir Henry on the journey where he cries out in delight?
5. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)