|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
(a) He wished to disprove rumors of the Baskerville hound.
(b) He wished to marry and start a family.
(c) He was going to have the hall destroyed.
(d) He made a fortune in South Africa and wished to renovate his ancestral home.
2. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
(a) Around sixty and gray.
(b) Around thirty, dark complected, and tall.
(c) Around forty and of military bearing.
(d) Around forty, pale, and of average height.
3. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
(a) Christian Care Hospital.
(b) Charing Court Hospital.
(c) Christian Cross Hospital.
(d) Charing Cross Hospital.
4. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
(a) The current London TImes.
(b) The previous day's London Times.
(c) The current Devonshire Times.
(d) The previous day's Devonshire Times.
5. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
(a) Maps of Devonshire.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) The legend of the Baskerville hound.
(d) Sir Charles's last will and testament.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dangerous place on the moor has claimed the lives of several people and animals?
2. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
3. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
4. What would Dr. Mortimer like to do?
5. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)