|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
(a) Holmes find the doctor to be rude.
(b) Holmes does not appreciate the doctor just stopping in unannounced.
(c) Holmes's deductions are mostly, but not completely accurate.
(d) Holmes's deduction are completely wrong.
2. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
(a) An elderly, country doctor.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) A young, city doctor.
(d) A middle-aged scientist.
3. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
(a) Sir Charles was waiting for the hound.
(b) Sir Charles was just out on a walk.
(c) Sir Charles wished to smoke his cigar outside.
(d) Sir Charles was waiting for someone.
4. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
(a) The splatters showed that the ink bottle was running dry, common for hotels but not for personal use.
(b) The handwriting is messy, meaning someone uneducated wrote it.
(c) He recognized the ink.
(d) The handwriting is too neat to not belong to a hotel clerk.
5. How does Watson know Barrymore is lying?
(a) Barrymore inadvertently admits he was out in the halls the night before.
(b) Dr. Mortimer tells Watson about where Barrymore was the night Sir Charles died.
(c) Watson hears Barrymore tell his wife he heard the hound out on the moors.
(d) Watson notes that Mrs. Barrymore's eyes are red and swollen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
2. How does Holmes trick the hotel clerk into talking about guests who have checked in after Sir Henry?
3. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
4. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
5. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)