|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Watson and Stapleton see at the bog-hole?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) A hound.
(c) A boot.
(d) A pony is slowly sinking into the mire.
2. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
(a) A telegram from Canada.
(b) A bank note.
(c) A letter.
(d) A walking stick.
3. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
(a) He recognized the ink.
(b) The handwriting is too neat to not belong to a hotel clerk.
(c) The splatters showed that the ink bottle was running dry, common for hotels but not for personal use.
(d) The handwriting is messy, meaning someone uneducated wrote it.
4. While Watson is in Baskerville Hall, what is the only thing he is to report to Holmes?
5. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
(a) He drinks some brandy.
(b) He smokes his pipe.
(c) He does cocaine.
(d) He plays the violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Watson hear coming from the moor?
2. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
3. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
4. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
5. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)