|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first telegram to Holmes reveal?
(a) Barrymore appears to be in London.
(b) Barrymore does not appear to be at Baskerville Hall.
(c) Barrymore appears to be at Baskerville Hall.
(d) Barrymore appears to have left the country.
2. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A notebook.
(b) A boot.
(c) A hat.
(d) A walking stick.
3. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
(a) Holmes suggests that Sir Henry stay armed at all times.
(b) Holmes suggests that Dr. Mortimer act as bodyguard.
(c) Holmes sends Watson with Sir Henry for protection.
(d) Holmes suggests that he himself act as bodyguard.
4. What is Sir Henry's opinion of Baskerville Hall?
(a) He finds it cheerful.
(b) He finds it to be stifling.
(c) He finds it gloomy.
(d) He finds it to be too big.
5. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
(a) 221 B Butcher Avenue.
(b) 112 A Devonshire Boulevard.
(c) 221 South London Street.
(d) 221 B Baker Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Watson know Barrymore is lying?
2. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
3. What does the postmaster inadvertently reveal to Watson?
4. What possibility does Holmes rule out when he discovers that Henry does not have a will?
5. Where did Sir Charles die?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)