|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Barrymore and his wife wish to leave Baskerville Hall?
(a) They are shaken up by the death of Sir Charles.
(b) They like Sir Henry, but do not wish to serve someone who is not English.
(c) They have a better opportunity with another household.
(d) They do not care for Sir Henry.
2. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
(a) An old suitcoat.
(b) An old boot.
(c) A brown hat.
(d) A brown boot.
3. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
(a) He sends a telegram for him to Baskerville Hall that requires an immediate response.
(b) Holmes sends a package to Baskerville Hall.
(c) Holmes asks the neighbors if they have seen Barrymore.
(d) Holmes has a friend watch Baskerville Hall.
4. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
(c) The study of skull formations.
(d) The study of the human hand.
5. Where did Sir Charles die?
(a) The entrance to his bedroom.
(b) Grimpen Mire.
(c) The entrance of the yew alley.
(d) Fox Tor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
2. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
3. What possibility does Holmes rule out when he discovers that Henry does not have a will?
4. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
5. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)