|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
(a) The font.
(b) The color of the newsprint.
(c) He found the cut-up newspaper.
(d) The date was on one of the words.
2. What would Dr. Mortimer like to do?
(a) Take Holmes and Watson to dinner.
(b) Play violin with Holmes.
(c) Study Holmes's skull.
(d) Write a letter to Holmes.
3. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
(a) Holmes suggests that Dr. Mortimer act as bodyguard.
(b) Holmes sends Watson with Sir Henry for protection.
(c) Holmes suggests that he himself act as bodyguard.
(d) Holmes suggests that Sir Henry stay armed at all times.
4. What does the postmaster inadvertently reveal to Watson?
(a) One of the neighbors has been reading Sir Charles's mail.
(b) Sir Henry has a package of mail waiting for him.
(c) The telegram was delivered to Mrs. Barrymore, not her husband.
(d) Sir Charles had a mysterious package delivered to him the day before his death.
5. While Watson is in Baskerville Hall, what is the only thing he is to report to Holmes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What excites Sir Henry on the journey where he cries out in delight?
2. What is Stapleton's profession?
3. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
4. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
5. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)