|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
(a) A visiting card from the absent-minded.
(b) The mark of a careless, untrustworthy man.
(c) A rude gesture.
(d) A present.
2. What is Sir Henry's opinion of Baskerville Hall?
(a) He finds it gloomy.
(b) He finds it to be stifling.
(c) He finds it to be too big.
(d) He finds it cheerful.
3. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
(a) He thinks this case is a waste of time.
(b) He does not care for Sir Charles.
(c) He wishes Dr. Mortimer had called him in sooner.
(d) He believes Dr. Mortimer is paranoid.
4. What is Stapleton's profession?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A barrister.
(c) A naturalist.
(d) A professor.
5. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
(a) The font.
(b) He found the cut-up newspaper.
(c) The date was on one of the words.
(d) The color of the newsprint.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
2. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
3. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
4. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
5. What does Watson hear alone at night in Chapter 6?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)