|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
(c) Sir Henry.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
2. How is Holmes able to deduce the size of Dr. Mortimer's dog?
(a) Holmes guesses.
(b) Holmes sees marks of measurement on the walking stick.
(c) Holmes looks at the size and spacing of the teeth marks on the doctor's walking stick.
(d) Holmes sees the scratch marks on the bottom of the staff.
3. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
(a) Holmes find the doctor to be rude.
(b) Holmes does not appreciate the doctor just stopping in unannounced.
(c) Holmes's deductions are mostly, but not completely accurate.
(d) Holmes's deduction are completely wrong.
4. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
(b) The footprints of a giant hound.
(c) A gun.
(d) A dog.
5. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
(a) Nearly half a million pounds.
(b) Several hundreds of pounds.
(c) Nearly a million pounds.
(d) Over two million pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sir Henry, Dr. Mortimer, and Watson discover as they travel to the moor?
2. What possibility does Holmes rule out when he discovers that Henry does not have a will?
3. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
4. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
5. What does Miss Stapleton tell Watson when she first meets him on the moor?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)