|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
(a) Charles Baskerville.
(b) Hank Baskerville.
(c) Hugo Baskerville.
(d) Henry Baskerville.
2. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
(a) Sir Charles's watch had been smashed.
(b) He noticed that cigar ash had dropped twice.
(c) He watched Sir Charles the night he died.
(d) Sir Charles marked time with pebbles.
3. What does Watson hear alone at night in Chapter 6?
(a) Sir Henry having a nightmare.
(b) Mice in the attic.
(c) A woman sobbing.
(d) A hound baying.
4. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
(a) He was the only one there.
(b) Everyone was drunk.
(c) No one cared.
(d) The prints were too far away.
5. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(b) A young, city doctor.
(c) A middle-aged scientist.
(d) An elderly, country doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
2. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
3. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
4. According to Holmes, who must Watson focus on as suspects?
5. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)