|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
(a) A walking stick.
(b) A telegram from Canada.
(c) A letter.
(d) A bank note.
2. Why do Barrymore and his wife wish to leave Baskerville Hall?
(a) They are shaken up by the death of Sir Charles.
(b) They have a better opportunity with another household.
(c) They like Sir Henry, but do not wish to serve someone who is not English.
(d) They do not care for Sir Henry.
3. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
(a) A young, unambitious doctor.
(b) An older, incompetent doctor.
(c) An older, caring doctor.
(d) A young, ambitious doctor.
4. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(b) A young, city doctor.
(c) An elderly, country doctor.
(d) A middle-aged scientist.
5. When questioned by Sir Henry about the strange sound in the night, what lie does Barrymore tell?
(a) He lies about his wife crying the night before.
(b) He lies about where he was the night Sir Charles died.
(c) He lies about having been wandering the halls the night before.
(d) He lies about whether he has heard the hound or not.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
2. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
3. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
4. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
5. What does Stapleton reveal that shocks Watson?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)