|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Watson's impression of Miss Stapleton?
(a) He finds her to be beautiful and out of place.
(b) He finds her to be very plain and sturdy.
(c) He finds her to be very humorous.
(d) He finds her off-putting.
2. What is Sir Henry's opinion of Baskerville Hall?
(a) He finds it to be too big.
(b) He finds it to be stifling.
(c) He finds it gloomy.
(d) He finds it cheerful.
3. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
(a) A man dressed up as a priest.
(b) A street urchin.
(c) A woman dressed up as a man.
(d) A man with a possibly fake beard.
4. According to Holmes, who must Watson focus on as suspects?
(a) The people in Coombe Tracy.
(b) Sir Henry's heirs.
(c) Dr. Mortimer and his friends.
(d) Sir Henry's servants and neighbors.
5. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
(a) A dog.
(b) The footprints of a giant hound.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Dr. Mortimer like to do?
2. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
3. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
4. What does Watson hear alone at night in Chapter 6?
5. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)