|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
(a) Henry Baskerville.
(b) Hugo Baskerville.
(c) Charles Baskerville.
(d) Hank Baskerville.
2. What does the first telegram to Holmes reveal?
(a) Barrymore appears to have left the country.
(b) Barrymore appears to be at Baskerville Hall.
(c) Barrymore appears to be in London.
(d) Barrymore does not appear to be at Baskerville Hall.
3. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
(a) Everyone was drunk.
(b) He was the only one there.
(c) No one cared.
(d) The prints were too far away.
4. How is Holmes able to deduce the size of Dr. Mortimer's dog?
(a) Holmes looks at the size and spacing of the teeth marks on the doctor's walking stick.
(b) Holmes sees marks of measurement on the walking stick.
(c) Holmes guesses.
(d) Holmes sees the scratch marks on the bottom of the staff.
5. What does Watson hear alone at night in Chapter 6?
(a) A hound baying.
(b) Mice in the attic.
(c) Sir Henry having a nightmare.
(d) A woman sobbing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
2. What does Sir Henry plan to do to the yew bridge?
3. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
4. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
5. Why do Barrymore and his wife wish to leave Baskerville Hall?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)