|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of accent does Sir Henry possess?
2. What is the Baskerville curse?
(a) Any descendent of the Baskervilles is to never cross the moor at night, though several have died violently.
(b) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(c) The hound will avenge the death of any Baskerville.
(d) The Baskervilles are cursed to turn into hounds if they become like Hugo.
3. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
(a) Hugo kidnapped the daughter of a yeoman.
(b) Hugo sent a man to die in Grimpen Mire.
(c) Hugo killed a gypsy's dog.
(d) Hugo killed the daughter of a yeoman.
4. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo marries the girl.
(b) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
(c) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
(d) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
5. What does Holmes advise to Watson before Watson leaves for Devonshire with Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer?
(a) To take up smoking.
(b) To never go out on the moor.
(c) To always have a dog with him.
(d) To stay armed at all times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
2. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
3. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
4. How does Watson know Barrymore is lying?
5. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)