|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
(a) The temper.
(b) The godlessness.
(c) The intelligence.
(d) The cruelty.
2. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
(a) A letter.
(b) A bank note.
(c) A telegram from Canada.
(d) A walking stick.
3. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
(a) He wished to disprove rumors of the Baskerville hound.
(b) He made a fortune in South Africa and wished to renovate his ancestral home.
(c) He was going to have the hall destroyed.
(d) He wished to marry and start a family.
4. What would Dr. Mortimer like to do?
(a) Take Holmes and Watson to dinner.
(b) Write a letter to Holmes.
(c) Play violin with Holmes.
(d) Study Holmes's skull.
5. When questioned by Sir Henry about the strange sound in the night, what lie does Barrymore tell?
(a) He lies about his wife crying the night before.
(b) He lies about whether he has heard the hound or not.
(c) He lies about where he was the night Sir Charles died.
(d) He lies about having been wandering the halls the night before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
2. What does Watson hear coming from the moor?
3. What is Watson's impression of Miss Stapleton?
4. Who does Dr. Mortimer say has a beard like the man that was following them?
5. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)