|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
(a) Christian Care Hospital.
(b) Charing Court Hospital.
(c) Christian Cross Hospital.
(d) Charing Cross Hospital.
2. What does Watson hear coming from the moor?
(b) A mysterious, sad moan.
(c) Someone screaming.
(d) The baying of a hound.
3. What does Miss Stapleton tell Watson when she first meets him on the moor?
(a) She tells him she knows who killed Sir Charles.
(b) She tells him she is going to kill herself in three nights.
(c) She tells him to return to London.
(d) She tells him she knows Sherlock Holmes is around.
4. How does Holmes trick the hotel clerk into talking about guests who have checked in after Sir Henry?
(a) Holmes asks about Sir Henry.
(b) Holmes claims to recognize the names and was wondering if they were friends of his.
(c) Holmes makes the clerk think he is asking about Sir Henry's relatives.
(d) Holmes distracts him while Watson looks at the registry.
5. What impression does Watson have of Baskerville Hall in the morning in Chapter 7?
(a) He finds it to be just as gloomy as the night before.
(b) He finds it to be singularly unattractive.
(c) He finds that he does not care for it very much.
(d) He finds it much lighter and more cheerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
2. What is Stapleton's profession?
3. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
4. When questioned by Sir Henry about the strange sound in the night, what lie does Barrymore tell?
5. What does the first telegram to Holmes reveal?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)