|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
(b) Sir Henry.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
2. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
(a) He plays the violin.
(b) He does cocaine.
(c) He drinks some brandy.
(d) He smokes his pipe.
3. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
(a) He recognized the ink.
(b) The splatters showed that the ink bottle was running dry, common for hotels but not for personal use.
(c) The handwriting is messy, meaning someone uneducated wrote it.
(d) The handwriting is too neat to not belong to a hotel clerk.
4. What would Dr. Mortimer like to do?
(a) Take Holmes and Watson to dinner.
(b) Write a letter to Holmes.
(c) Play violin with Holmes.
(d) Study Holmes's skull.
5. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
(a) Holmes realizes Sir Henry will not get any work done in London.
(b) Sir Henry announces that he plans to tear down Baskerville Hall.
(c) Holmes knows now that Sir Henry is being followed in London.
(d) Holmes realizes that Baskerville Hall is not dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
2. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
3. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
4. How is Holmes able to deduce the size of Dr. Mortimer's dog?
5. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)