|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the death of Sir Charles, what had appeared to people on the moor?
(b) A carriage.
(c) The hound.
(d) A mysterious man on the moor.
2. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
(b) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
(c) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
(d) Holmes advises him to return home.
3. What does the postmaster inadvertently reveal to Watson?
(a) The telegram was delivered to Mrs. Barrymore, not her husband.
(b) Sir Henry has a package of mail waiting for him.
(c) Sir Charles had a mysterious package delivered to him the day before his death.
(d) One of the neighbors has been reading Sir Charles's mail.
4. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
(a) His scarred face.
(b) His cruel humor.
(c) He frequently abandoned people for dead on the moor.
(d) He beat a man to death for looking at him wrong.
5. What does Sir Henry plan to do to the yew bridge?
(a) Open it up for the public.
(b) Install electric lights to dispel the gloom.
(c) Make it a memorial to Sir Charles.
(d) Tear it down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
2. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
3. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
4. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
5. How does Holmes spend his time before meeting with Sir Henry in the afternoon following their first meeting?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)