|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) The sender is trying to conceal his or her's education.
(b) The sender is highly disturbed.
(c) The sender is uneducated and trying to sound educated.
(d) The sender is not English.
2. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
3. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
(c) Sir Henry.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
4. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
(a) Holmes suggests that he himself act as bodyguard.
(b) Holmes sends Watson with Sir Henry for protection.
(c) Holmes suggests that Sir Henry stay armed at all times.
(d) Holmes suggests that Dr. Mortimer act as bodyguard.
5. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
(a) He believes he may be next.
(b) He believes the servants set up Sir Charles's murder.
(c) He believes it may be supernatural in nature.
(d) He believes the hound is haunting him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stapleton reveal that shocks Watson?
2. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
3. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
4. What dangerous place on the moor has claimed the lives of several people and animals?
5. How is Holmes able to deduce the size of Dr. Mortimer's dog?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)