|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
(a) He believes the servants set up Sir Charles's murder.
(b) He believes he may be next.
(c) He believes the hound is haunting him.
(d) He believes it may be supernatural in nature.
2. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
(a) He had cancer.
(b) He had diabetes.
(c) He had a heart condition.
(d) He had the gout.
3. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
(a) A present.
(b) The mark of a careless, untrustworthy man.
(c) A rude gesture.
(d) A visiting card from the absent-minded.
4. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) Sir Henry.
5. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
(a) He plays the violin.
(b) He does cocaine.
(c) He drinks some brandy.
(d) He smokes his pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
2. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
3. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
4. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
5. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)