|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Baskerville curse?
(a) Any descendent of the Baskervilles is to never cross the moor at night, though several have died violently.
(b) The Baskervilles are cursed to turn into hounds if they become like Hugo.
(c) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(d) The hound will avenge the death of any Baskerville.
2. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
(a) He hires a boy named Cartwright to bribe the postman.
(b) Holmes sends Watson to check the wastepaper.
(c) He hires a boy named Cartwright to search the wastepaper of each hotel in Charing Cross.
(d) Holmes checks the wastepaper himself.
3. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
(a) Charing Cross Hospital.
(b) Christian Care Hospital.
(c) Christian Cross Hospital.
(d) Charing Court Hospital.
4. What excites Sir Henry on the journey where he cries out in delight?
(a) He sees the moor people welcoming him to Baskerville Hall.
(b) He is excited to be back in Devonshire.
(c) He sees a herd of wild ponies running over the moor.
(d) He sees a beautiful woman.
5. Where did Sir Charles die?
(a) The entrance of the yew alley.
(b) Fox Tor.
(c) The entrance to his bedroom.
(d) Grimpen Mire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
2. What does Holmes advise to Watson before Watson leaves for Devonshire with Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer?
3. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
4. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
5. How does Hugo's captive escape?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)