|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
(a) Holmes find the doctor to be rude.
(b) Holmes's deduction are completely wrong.
(c) Holmes's deductions are mostly, but not completely accurate.
(d) Holmes does not appreciate the doctor just stopping in unannounced.
2. What does Holmes advise to Watson before Watson leaves for Devonshire with Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer?
(a) To always have a dog with him.
(b) To stay armed at all times.
(c) To take up smoking.
(d) To never go out on the moor.
3. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
(a) He smokes his pipe.
(b) He drinks some brandy.
(c) He plays the violin.
(d) He does cocaine.
4. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
(a) He noticed that cigar ash had dropped twice.
(b) He watched Sir Charles the night he died.
(c) Sir Charles's watch had been smashed.
(d) Sir Charles marked time with pebbles.
5. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
(a) A rude gesture.
(b) A present.
(c) The mark of a careless, untrustworthy man.
(d) A visiting card from the absent-minded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
2. Why do Barrymore and his wife wish to leave Baskerville Hall?
3. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
4. What name did the bearded man who followed Sir Henry give the cabman?
5. Who does Dr. Mortimer say has a beard like the man that was following them?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)