|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sir Henry's opinion of Baskerville Hall?
(a) He finds it gloomy.
(b) He finds it to be too big.
(c) He finds it cheerful.
(d) He finds it to be stifling.
2. Who does Dr. Mortimer say has a beard like the man that was following them?
(a) Anthony, Sir Charles's groom.
(b) Barrymore's brother.
(c) Frankland, one of the Baskerville neighbors.
(d) Barrymore, Sir Charles's butler.
3. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
(a) Harry Baskerville.
(b) Charles Baskerville II.
(c) Henry Baskerville.
(d) Hugo Baskerville.
4. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
(a) The intelligence.
(b) The temper.
(c) The godlessness.
(d) The cruelty.
5. What does Holmes advise to Watson before Watson leaves for Devonshire with Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer?
(a) To take up smoking.
(b) To stay armed at all times.
(c) To never go out on the moor.
(d) To always have a dog with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does chapter one take place?
2. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
3. Why do Barrymore and his wife wish to leave Baskerville Hall?
4. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the hotel, what does Sir Henry claim to have lost this time?
5. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)