|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
(a) He wishes Dr. Mortimer had called him in sooner.
(b) He does not care for Sir Charles.
(c) He thinks this case is a waste of time.
(d) He believes Dr. Mortimer is paranoid.
2. What would Dr. Mortimer like to do?
(a) Take Holmes and Watson to dinner.
(b) Play violin with Holmes.
(c) Write a letter to Holmes.
(d) Study Holmes's skull.
3. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
(a) A manuscript.
(b) A walking stick.
(c) A bone.
(d) A will.
4. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
(a) Holmes realizes that Baskerville Hall is not dangerous.
(b) Holmes realizes Sir Henry will not get any work done in London.
(c) Sir Henry announces that he plans to tear down Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes knows now that Sir Henry is being followed in London.
5. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
(a) He had cancer.
(b) He had diabetes.
(c) He had the gout.
(d) He had a heart condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Baskerville curse?
2. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
3. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
4. Where does chapter one take place?
5. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)