|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the hotel, what does Sir Henry claim to have lost this time?
(a) A black boot.
(b) An overcoat.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A black hat.
2. What would Dr. Mortimer like to do?
(a) Write a letter to Holmes.
(b) Study Holmes's skull.
(c) Play violin with Holmes.
(d) Take Holmes and Watson to dinner.
3. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
(b) A gun.
(c) The footprints of a giant hound.
(d) A dog.
4. How does Holmes trick the hotel clerk into talking about guests who have checked in after Sir Henry?
(a) Holmes distracts him while Watson looks at the registry.
(b) Holmes makes the clerk think he is asking about Sir Henry's relatives.
(c) Holmes claims to recognize the names and was wondering if they were friends of his.
(d) Holmes asks about Sir Henry.
5. Where does chapter one take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Holmes, who must Watson focus on as suspects?
2. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
3. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
4. Where did Sir Charles die?
5. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)