|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
(a) Hugo killed a gypsy's dog.
(b) Hugo sent a man to die in Grimpen Mire.
(c) Hugo kidnapped the daughter of a yeoman.
(d) Hugo killed the daughter of a yeoman.
2. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
(a) The temper.
(b) The intelligence.
(c) The godlessness.
(d) The cruelty.
3. What is Sir Henry's opinion of Baskerville Hall?
(a) He finds it to be too big.
(b) He finds it cheerful.
(c) He finds it gloomy.
(d) He finds it to be stifling.
4. According to Holmes, who must Watson focus on as suspects?
(a) Sir Henry's servants and neighbors.
(b) Dr. Mortimer and his friends.
(c) The people in Coombe Tracy.
(d) Sir Henry's heirs.
5. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
(a) Holmes asks the neighbors if they have seen Barrymore.
(b) He sends a telegram for him to Baskerville Hall that requires an immediate response.
(c) Holmes has a friend watch Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes sends a package to Baskerville Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hugo's captive escape?
2. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
3. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
4. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
5. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)