|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
(a) Around thirty, dark complected, and tall.
(b) Around sixty and gray.
(c) Around forty, pale, and of average height.
(d) Around forty and of military bearing.
2. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
(a) He hires a boy named Cartwright to bribe the postman.
(b) Holmes sends Watson to check the wastepaper.
(c) Holmes checks the wastepaper himself.
(d) He hires a boy named Cartwright to search the wastepaper of each hotel in Charing Cross.
3. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
(a) A man with a possibly fake beard.
(b) A man dressed up as a priest.
(c) A woman dressed up as a man.
(d) A street urchin.
4. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
(a) The splatters showed that the ink bottle was running dry, common for hotels but not for personal use.
(b) The handwriting is messy, meaning someone uneducated wrote it.
(c) He recognized the ink.
(d) The handwriting is too neat to not belong to a hotel clerk.
5. What does the first telegram to Holmes reveal?
(a) Barrymore appears to be in London.
(b) Barrymore does not appear to be at Baskerville Hall.
(c) Barrymore appears to be at Baskerville Hall.
(d) Barrymore appears to have left the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
2. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
3. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
4. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
5. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)