|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
(a) 221 B Baker Street.
(b) 221 B Butcher Avenue.
(c) 221 South London Street.
(d) 112 A Devonshire Boulevard.
2. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
(a) An elderly, country doctor.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) A young, city doctor.
(d) A middle-aged scientist.
3. What excites Sir Henry on the journey where he cries out in delight?
(a) He sees a beautiful woman.
(b) He is excited to be back in Devonshire.
(c) He sees the moor people welcoming him to Baskerville Hall.
(d) He sees a herd of wild ponies running over the moor.
4. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) He suggests Sir Henry reply to it.
(b) He asks the postman.
(c) He marks the letter to be returned to the sender.
(d) He suggests they check all the trashcans for the cut-up newspaper near Charing Cross.
5. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
(a) Around forty, pale, and of average height.
(b) Around sixty and gray.
(c) Around thirty, dark complected, and tall.
(d) Around forty and of military bearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Barrymore and his wife wish to leave Baskerville Hall?
2. How does Holmes spend his time before meeting with Sir Henry in the afternoon following their first meeting?
3. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
4. What does Sir Henry do that Holmes strongly advises against?
5. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)