|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
(a) He believes he may be next.
(b) He believes the servants set up Sir Charles's murder.
(c) He believes the hound is haunting him.
(d) He believes it may be supernatural in nature.
2. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Drinking and thinking.
(b) Smoking and thinking.
(c) Playing violin and thinking.
(d) Doing cocaine and thinking.
3. What does the first telegram to Holmes reveal?
(a) Barrymore appears to be in London.
(b) Barrymore appears to have left the country.
(c) Barrymore does not appear to be at Baskerville Hall.
(d) Barrymore appears to be at Baskerville Hall.
4. What does Sir Henry do that Holmes strongly advises against?
(a) He wrote to his servants.
(b) He tried to track down the murderer himself.
(c) He tried to go to the bank.
(d) He spent an afternoon alone.
5. What is the Baskerville curse?
(a) The hound will avenge the death of any Baskerville.
(b) The Baskervilles are cursed to turn into hounds if they become like Hugo.
(c) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(d) Any descendent of the Baskervilles is to never cross the moor at night, though several have died violently.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
2. How is Holmes able to deduce the size of Dr. Mortimer's dog?
3. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
4. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
5. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)