|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
(a) Sir Charles was waiting for someone.
(b) Sir Charles was just out on a walk.
(c) Sir Charles was waiting for the hound.
(d) Sir Charles wished to smoke his cigar outside.
2. What does Holmes advise to Watson before Watson leaves for Devonshire with Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer?
(a) To never go out on the moor.
(b) To take up smoking.
(c) To stay armed at all times.
(d) To always have a dog with him.
3. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
(a) A bank note.
(b) A letter.
(c) A telegram from Canada.
(d) A walking stick.
4. How does Holmes trick the hotel clerk into talking about guests who have checked in after Sir Henry?
(a) Holmes claims to recognize the names and was wondering if they were friends of his.
(b) Holmes makes the clerk think he is asking about Sir Henry's relatives.
(c) Holmes distracts him while Watson looks at the registry.
(d) Holmes asks about Sir Henry.
5. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
(a) He had diabetes.
(b) He had a heart condition.
(c) He had cancer.
(d) He had the gout.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
2. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
3. What is Sir Henry's opinion of Baskerville Hall?
4. What sort of accent does Sir Henry possess?
5. Where did Sir Charles die?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)