|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
(a) A woman followed Sir Charles outside.
(b) Sir Charles was stepping carefully.
(c) Dr. Mortimer is right.
(d) Sir Charles was actually running.
2. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
(a) He believes he may be next.
(b) He believes the hound is haunting him.
(c) He believes the servants set up Sir Charles's murder.
(d) He believes it may be supernatural in nature.
3. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
(a) Holmes sends a package to Baskerville Hall.
(b) He sends a telegram for him to Baskerville Hall that requires an immediate response.
(c) Holmes asks the neighbors if they have seen Barrymore.
(d) Holmes has a friend watch Baskerville Hall.
4. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
(a) Henry Baskerville.
(b) Hugo Baskerville.
(c) Harry Baskerville.
(d) Charles Baskerville II.
5. Where did Sir Charles die?
(a) Grimpen Mire.
(b) The entrance to his bedroom.
(c) The entrance of the yew alley.
(d) Fox Tor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
2. What do Sir Henry, Dr. Mortimer, and Watson discover as they travel to the moor?
3. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
4. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
5. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)