|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) Maps of Devonshire.
(c) The legend of the Baskerville hound.
(d) Sir Charles's last will and testament.
2. Why do Barrymore and his wife wish to leave Baskerville Hall?
(a) They are shaken up by the death of Sir Charles.
(b) They do not care for Sir Henry.
(c) They have a better opportunity with another household.
(d) They like Sir Henry, but do not wish to serve someone who is not English.
3. What does Holmes advise to Watson before Watson leaves for Devonshire with Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer?
(a) To take up smoking.
(b) To always have a dog with him.
(c) To never go out on the moor.
(d) To stay armed at all times.
4. What sort of accent does Sir Henry possess?
5. Who does Dr. Mortimer say has a beard like the man that was following them?
(a) Barrymore's brother.
(b) Frankland, one of the Baskerville neighbors.
(c) Anthony, Sir Charles's groom.
(d) Barrymore, Sir Charles's butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
2. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
3. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
4. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
5. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)