|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) Maps of Devonshire.
(c) Sir Charles's last will and testament.
(d) The legend of the Baskerville hound.
2. What sort of accent does Sir Henry possess?
3. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
4. Why do Barrymore and his wife wish to leave Baskerville Hall?
(a) They like Sir Henry, but do not wish to serve someone who is not English.
(b) They are shaken up by the death of Sir Charles.
(c) They have a better opportunity with another household.
(d) They do not care for Sir Henry.
5. Before the death of Sir Charles, what had appeared to people on the moor?
(b) A mysterious man on the moor.
(c) The hound.
(d) A carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes have Watson send up to him?
2. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
3. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
4. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
5. What is Sir Henry's opinion of Baskerville Hall?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)