|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sir Henry saddened at the thought of losing the Barrymores?
(a) The Barrymores have served his family for generations.
(b) He does not know how to serve himself.
(c) He thinks they are overreacting to Sir Charles's death.
(d) He believes it is his fault they are leaving.
2. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
(a) Hugo killed the daughter of a yeoman.
(b) Hugo kidnapped the daughter of a yeoman.
(c) Hugo sent a man to die in Grimpen Mire.
(d) Hugo killed a gypsy's dog.
3. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
(b) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
(c) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
(d) Holmes advises him to return home.
4. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
(a) The prints were too far away.
(b) Everyone was drunk.
(c) No one cared.
(d) He was the only one there.
5. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Watson is in Baskerville Hall, what is the only thing he is to report to Holmes?
2. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
3. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
4. What name did the bearded man who followed Sir Henry give the cabman?
5. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)