|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
(a) Sir Charles marked time with pebbles.
(b) Sir Charles's watch had been smashed.
(c) He noticed that cigar ash had dropped twice.
(d) He watched Sir Charles the night he died.
2. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
(a) Charing Court Hospital.
(b) Christian Care Hospital.
(c) Christian Cross Hospital.
(d) Charing Cross Hospital.
3. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
(a) Holmes has a friend watch Baskerville Hall.
(b) He sends a telegram for him to Baskerville Hall that requires an immediate response.
(c) Holmes sends a package to Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes asks the neighbors if they have seen Barrymore.
4. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Doing cocaine and thinking.
(b) Drinking and thinking.
(c) Smoking and thinking.
(d) Playing violin and thinking.
5. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
(a) Sir Charles wished to smoke his cigar outside.
(b) Sir Charles was waiting for someone.
(c) Sir Charles was waiting for the hound.
(d) Sir Charles was just out on a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Watson is in Baskerville Hall, what is the only thing he is to report to Holmes?
2. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
3. How does Holmes spend his time before meeting with Sir Henry in the afternoon following their first meeting?
4. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
5. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)