|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes have Watson send up to him?
(b) His violin.
2. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
(a) He wants Holmes to investigate Sir Charles's will.
(b) He wants Watson to get an autopsy report for Sir Charles.
(c) He fears for Sir Henry's safety if he is to go to the hall.
(d) He wants Holmes to kill the hound.
3. Why do Barrymore and his wife wish to leave Baskerville Hall?
(a) They are shaken up by the death of Sir Charles.
(b) They have a better opportunity with another household.
(c) They do not care for Sir Henry.
(d) They like Sir Henry, but do not wish to serve someone who is not English.
4. What do Sir Henry, Dr. Mortimer, and Watson discover as they travel to the moor?
(a) A ghostly apparition has been appearing to people on the moor.
(b) A dangerous convict has escaped.
(c) Another man has been murdered by the hound.
(d) One of Sir Henry's neighbors has moved out.
5. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
(a) Sir Henry announces that he plans to tear down Baskerville Hall.
(b) Holmes realizes that Baskerville Hall is not dangerous.
(c) Holmes knows now that Sir Henry is being followed in London.
(d) Holmes realizes Sir Henry will not get any work done in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
2. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
3. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
4. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
5. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)