|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
(a) He was going to have the hall destroyed.
(b) He wished to disprove rumors of the Baskerville hound.
(c) He wished to marry and start a family.
(d) He made a fortune in South Africa and wished to renovate his ancestral home.
2. Why is Sir Henry saddened at the thought of losing the Barrymores?
(a) He believes it is his fault they are leaving.
(b) He thinks they are overreacting to Sir Charles's death.
(c) He does not know how to serve himself.
(d) The Barrymores have served his family for generations.
3. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
(a) He sends a telegram for him to Baskerville Hall that requires an immediate response.
(b) Holmes has a friend watch Baskerville Hall.
(c) Holmes sends a package to Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes asks the neighbors if they have seen Barrymore.
4. Where does chapter one take place?
5. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
(a) A brown boot.
(b) An old suitcoat.
(c) A brown hat.
(d) An old boot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
2. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
3. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
4. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
5. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)