|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sir Henry's opinion of Baskerville Hall?
(a) He finds it gloomy.
(b) He finds it to be too big.
(c) He finds it cheerful.
(d) He finds it to be stifling.
2. What excites Sir Henry on the journey where he cries out in delight?
(a) He sees a beautiful woman.
(b) He is excited to be back in Devonshire.
(c) He sees a herd of wild ponies running over the moor.
(d) He sees the moor people welcoming him to Baskerville Hall.
3. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
(a) He believes the servants set up Sir Charles's murder.
(b) He believes it may be supernatural in nature.
(c) He believes he may be next.
(d) He believes the hound is haunting him.
4. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
(a) A brown hat.
(b) A brown boot.
(c) An old boot.
(d) An old suitcoat.
5. What sort of accent does Sir Henry possess?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
2. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
3. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
4. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
5. What does Sir Henry do that Holmes strongly advises against?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)