|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
(a) Charles Baskerville.
(b) Hank Baskerville.
(c) Hugo Baskerville.
(d) Henry Baskerville.
2. What does Holmes advise to Watson before Watson leaves for Devonshire with Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer?
(a) To never go out on the moor.
(b) To stay armed at all times.
(c) To always have a dog with him.
(d) To take up smoking.
3. What name did the bearded man who followed Sir Henry give the cabman?
(a) Dr. John Watson.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) Professor James Moriarty.
(d) Sir Henry Baskerville.
4. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
(a) He had the gout.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He had diabetes.
(d) He had a heart condition.
5. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Doing cocaine and thinking.
(b) Playing violin and thinking.
(c) Drinking and thinking.
(d) Smoking and thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
2. Where does chapter one take place?
3. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
4. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
5. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)