|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Smoking and thinking.
(b) Drinking and thinking.
(c) Doing cocaine and thinking.
(d) Playing violin and thinking.
2. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) Maps of Devonshire.
(c) The legend of the Baskerville hound.
(d) Sir Charles's last will and testament.
3. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
(a) He drinks some brandy.
(b) He plays the violin.
(c) He does cocaine.
(d) He smokes his pipe.
4. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
(a) Sir Henry announces that he plans to tear down Baskerville Hall.
(b) Holmes realizes Sir Henry will not get any work done in London.
(c) Holmes knows now that Sir Henry is being followed in London.
(d) Holmes realizes that Baskerville Hall is not dangerous.
5. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
(a) Holmes suggests that Dr. Mortimer act as bodyguard.
(b) Holmes sends Watson with Sir Henry for protection.
(c) Holmes suggests that he himself act as bodyguard.
(d) Holmes suggests that Sir Henry stay armed at all times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
2. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
3. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
4. What name did the bearded man who followed Sir Henry give the cabman?
5. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)