|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
(a) Everyone was drunk.
(b) He was the only one there.
(c) No one cared.
(d) The prints were too far away.
2. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
(a) Dr. Mortimer is right.
(b) Sir Charles was stepping carefully.
(c) Sir Charles was actually running.
(d) A woman followed Sir Charles outside.
3. What do Sir Henry, Dr. Mortimer, and Watson discover as they travel to the moor?
(a) A ghostly apparition has been appearing to people on the moor.
(b) A dangerous convict has escaped.
(c) One of Sir Henry's neighbors has moved out.
(d) Another man has been murdered by the hound.
4. How does Hugo's captive escape?
(a) She bribed his servant.
(b) She crawled down the ivy-covered wall.
(c) She sneaked out of his bedroom.
(d) She used the entrance to the yew alley.
5. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Smoking and thinking.
(b) Drinking and thinking.
(c) Doing cocaine and thinking.
(d) Playing violin and thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
2. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
3. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
4. How is Holmes able to deduce the size of Dr. Mortimer's dog?
5. Before the death of Sir Charles, what had appeared to people on the moor?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)