|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
(a) He made a fortune in South Africa and wished to renovate his ancestral home.
(b) He wished to marry and start a family.
(c) He was going to have the hall destroyed.
(d) He wished to disprove rumors of the Baskerville hound.
2. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
(a) Maps of Devonshire.
(b) The legend of the Baskerville hound.
(c) Sir Charles's last will and testament.
(d) A newspaper article.
3. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
(a) A man dressed up as a priest.
(b) A street urchin.
(c) A woman dressed up as a man.
(d) A man with a possibly fake beard.
4. Why is Sir Henry saddened at the thought of losing the Barrymores?
(a) He does not know how to serve himself.
(b) He thinks they are overreacting to Sir Charles's death.
(c) He believes it is his fault they are leaving.
(d) The Barrymores have served his family for generations.
5. While Watson is in Baskerville Hall, what is the only thing he is to report to Holmes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
2. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
3. What does the first telegram to Holmes reveal?
4. Why do Barrymore and his wife wish to leave Baskerville Hall?
5. What sort of accent does Sir Henry possess?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)