|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
(a) Holmes's deduction are completely wrong.
(b) Holmes does not appreciate the doctor just stopping in unannounced.
(c) Holmes find the doctor to be rude.
(d) Holmes's deductions are mostly, but not completely accurate.
2. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
(a) He had the gout.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He had diabetes.
(d) He had a heart condition.
3. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
(a) Hugo Baskerville.
(b) Hank Baskerville.
(c) Charles Baskerville.
(d) Henry Baskerville.
4. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
(a) Charing Cross Hospital.
(b) Christian Cross Hospital.
(c) Christian Care Hospital.
(d) Charing Court Hospital.
5. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises him to return home.
(b) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
(c) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
(d) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
2. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
3. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
4. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
5. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)