|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
(a) Hugo killed a gypsy's dog.
(b) Hugo killed the daughter of a yeoman.
(c) Hugo sent a man to die in Grimpen Mire.
(d) Hugo kidnapped the daughter of a yeoman.
2. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
(a) 221 B Butcher Avenue.
(b) 221 B Baker Street.
(c) 112 A Devonshire Boulevard.
(d) 221 South London Street.
3. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
(a) An elderly, country doctor.
(b) A young, city doctor.
(c) A middle-aged scientist.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
4. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
(a) He wants Holmes to investigate Sir Charles's will.
(b) He wants Holmes to kill the hound.
(c) He wants Watson to get an autopsy report for Sir Charles.
(d) He fears for Sir Henry's safety if he is to go to the hall.
5. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
(b) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
(c) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
(d) Holmes advises him to return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Dr. Mortimer like to do?
2. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
3. Where did Sir Charles die?
4. Where does chapter one take place?
5. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)