|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo marries the girl.
(b) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
(c) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(d) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
2. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
(a) Hugo kidnapped the daughter of a yeoman.
(b) Hugo sent a man to die in Grimpen Mire.
(c) Hugo killed a gypsy's dog.
(d) Hugo killed the daughter of a yeoman.
3. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
(a) Holmes sends Watson to check the wastepaper.
(b) He hires a boy named Cartwright to search the wastepaper of each hotel in Charing Cross.
(c) He hires a boy named Cartwright to bribe the postman.
(d) Holmes checks the wastepaper himself.
4. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
(a) A walking stick.
(b) A bone.
(c) A will.
(d) A manuscript.
5. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
(a) The footprints of a giant hound.
(c) A dog.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
2. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
3. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
4. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
5. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)