|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
(a) The study of skull formations.
(b) The study of the human hand.
2. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
(a) The splatters showed that the ink bottle was running dry, common for hotels but not for personal use.
(b) The handwriting is too neat to not belong to a hotel clerk.
(c) He recognized the ink.
(d) The handwriting is messy, meaning someone uneducated wrote it.
3. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) He suggests they check all the trashcans for the cut-up newspaper near Charing Cross.
(b) He marks the letter to be returned to the sender.
(c) He asks the postman.
(d) He suggests Sir Henry reply to it.
4. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
(a) Hugo kidnapped the daughter of a yeoman.
(b) Hugo killed a gypsy's dog.
(c) Hugo killed the daughter of a yeoman.
(d) Hugo sent a man to die in Grimpen Mire.
5. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
(a) Charles Baskerville.
(b) Hugo Baskerville.
(c) Henry Baskerville.
(d) Hank Baskerville.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
2. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
3. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
4. How does Hugo's captive escape?
5. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)