|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
(a) A young, unambitious doctor.
(b) An older, caring doctor.
(c) An older, incompetent doctor.
(d) A young, ambitious doctor.
2. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
(a) He wished to marry and start a family.
(b) He wished to disprove rumors of the Baskerville hound.
(c) He made a fortune in South Africa and wished to renovate his ancestral home.
(d) He was going to have the hall destroyed.
3. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Playing violin and thinking.
(b) Doing cocaine and thinking.
(c) Smoking and thinking.
(d) Drinking and thinking.
4. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises him to return home.
(b) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
(c) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
(d) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
5. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
(a) The study of skull formations.
(c) The study of the human hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
2. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
3. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
4. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
5. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)