|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A boot.
(b) A walking stick.
(c) A notebook.
(d) A hat.
2. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
(a) No one cared.
(b) He was the only one there.
(c) Everyone was drunk.
(d) The prints were too far away.
3. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises him to return home.
(b) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
(c) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
4. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
(a) The mark of a careless, untrustworthy man.
(b) A rude gesture.
(c) A present.
(d) A visiting card from the absent-minded.
5. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
(a) The previous day's Devonshire Times.
(b) The current London TImes.
(c) The previous day's London Times.
(d) The current Devonshire Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
2. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
3. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
4. What is the Baskerville curse?
5. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)