|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
(a) Charles Baskerville.
(b) Hugo Baskerville.
(c) Hank Baskerville.
(d) Henry Baskerville.
2. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
(a) Harry Baskerville.
(b) Henry Baskerville.
(c) Hugo Baskerville.
(d) Charles Baskerville II.
3. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
(a) He had cancer.
(b) He had the gout.
(c) He had a heart condition.
(d) He had diabetes.
4. Where did Sir Charles die?
(a) Fox Tor.
(b) Grimpen Mire.
(c) The entrance of the yew alley.
(d) The entrance to his bedroom.
5. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
(b) The study of skull formations.
(c) The study of the human hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
2. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
3. What is the Baskerville curse?
4. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
5. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)