|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
(a) A walking stick.
(b) A bank note.
(c) A telegram from Canada.
(d) A letter.
2. What is the Baskerville curse?
(a) Any descendent of the Baskervilles is to never cross the moor at night, though several have died violently.
(b) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(c) The Baskervilles are cursed to turn into hounds if they become like Hugo.
(d) The hound will avenge the death of any Baskerville.
3. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
(a) A middle-aged scientist.
(b) An elderly, country doctor.
(c) A young, city doctor.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
4. How is Holmes able to deduce the size of Dr. Mortimer's dog?
(a) Holmes guesses.
(b) Holmes sees marks of measurement on the walking stick.
(c) Holmes looks at the size and spacing of the teeth marks on the doctor's walking stick.
(d) Holmes sees the scratch marks on the bottom of the staff.
5. Before the death of Sir Charles, what had appeared to people on the moor?
(a) The hound.
(c) A mysterious man on the moor.
(d) A carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
2. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
3. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
4. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
5. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)