|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does chapter one take place?
2. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
(a) The previous day's London Times.
(b) The current Devonshire Times.
(c) The previous day's Devonshire Times.
(d) The current London TImes.
3. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
(a) He believes it may be supernatural in nature.
(b) He believes the hound is haunting him.
(c) He believes the servants set up Sir Charles's murder.
(d) He believes he may be next.
4. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
(a) A street urchin.
(b) A man dressed up as a priest.
(c) A woman dressed up as a man.
(d) A man with a possibly fake beard.
5. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
(a) Charles Baskerville.
(b) Hugo Baskerville.
(c) Hank Baskerville.
(d) Henry Baskerville.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
2. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
3. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
4. How is Holmes able to deduce the size of Dr. Mortimer's dog?
5. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)