|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
(a) A bone.
(b) A manuscript.
(c) A will.
(d) A walking stick.
2. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) He suggests they check all the trashcans for the cut-up newspaper near Charing Cross.
(b) He asks the postman.
(c) He suggests Sir Henry reply to it.
(d) He marks the letter to be returned to the sender.
3. Before the death of Sir Charles, what had appeared to people on the moor?
(a) A carriage.
(c) A mysterious man on the moor.
(d) The hound.
4. How does Hugo's captive escape?
(a) She used the entrance to the yew alley.
(b) She bribed his servant.
(c) She sneaked out of his bedroom.
(d) She crawled down the ivy-covered wall.
5. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
(a) The legend of the Baskerville hound.
(b) Sir Charles's last will and testament.
(c) Maps of Devonshire.
(d) A newspaper article.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
2. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
3. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
4. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
5. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)