|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
(a) The current London TImes.
(b) The current Devonshire Times.
(c) The previous day's London Times.
(d) The previous day's Devonshire Times.
2. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
(a) His scarred face.
(b) He frequently abandoned people for dead on the moor.
(c) His cruel humor.
(d) He beat a man to death for looking at him wrong.
3. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
(a) He watched Sir Charles the night he died.
(b) Sir Charles's watch had been smashed.
(c) Sir Charles marked time with pebbles.
(d) He noticed that cigar ash had dropped twice.
4. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
(b) The study of the human hand.
(d) The study of skull formations.
5. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
(a) Henry Baskerville.
(b) Charles Baskerville.
(c) Hugo Baskerville.
(d) Hank Baskerville.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hugo's captive escape?
2. Before the death of Sir Charles, what had appeared to people on the moor?
3. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
4. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
5. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)