|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes have Watson send up to him?
(d) His violin.
2. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
(a) Sir Charles's watch had been smashed.
(b) He noticed that cigar ash had dropped twice.
(c) He watched Sir Charles the night he died.
(d) Sir Charles marked time with pebbles.
3. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
(a) An older, incompetent doctor.
(b) An older, caring doctor.
(c) A young, unambitious doctor.
(d) A young, ambitious doctor.
4. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
(a) He fears for Sir Henry's safety if he is to go to the hall.
(b) He wants Watson to get an autopsy report for Sir Charles.
(c) He wants Holmes to investigate Sir Charles's will.
(d) He wants Holmes to kill the hound.
5. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
(a) An old boot.
(b) A brown boot.
(c) A brown hat.
(d) An old suitcoat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
2. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
3. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
4. What is the Baskerville curse?
5. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)