|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
(a) He wished to disprove rumors of the Baskerville hound.
(b) He wished to marry and start a family.
(c) He was going to have the hall destroyed.
(d) He made a fortune in South Africa and wished to renovate his ancestral home.
2. Where does chapter one take place?
3. What does Holmes have Watson send up to him?
(d) His violin.
4. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
(a) A young, unambitious doctor.
(b) An older, incompetent doctor.
(c) An older, caring doctor.
(d) A young, ambitious doctor.
5. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A notebook.
(b) A boot.
(c) A walking stick.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
2. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
3. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
4. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
5. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)