|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hugo's captive escape?
(a) She crawled down the ivy-covered wall.
(b) She bribed his servant.
(c) She sneaked out of his bedroom.
(d) She used the entrance to the yew alley.
2. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
(a) Hank Baskerville.
(b) Hugo Baskerville.
(c) Charles Baskerville.
(d) Henry Baskerville.
3. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Playing violin and thinking.
(b) Smoking and thinking.
(c) Doing cocaine and thinking.
(d) Drinking and thinking.
4. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) The sender is trying to conceal his or her's education.
(b) The sender is highly disturbed.
(c) The sender is uneducated and trying to sound educated.
(d) The sender is not English.
5. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(b) An elderly, country doctor.
(c) A young, city doctor.
(d) A middle-aged scientist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
2. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
3. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
4. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
5. Where does chapter one take place?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)