|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
(a) No one cared.
(b) The prints were too far away.
(c) He was the only one there.
(d) Everyone was drunk.
2. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
(a) Sir Charles was actually running.
(b) Sir Charles was stepping carefully.
(c) Dr. Mortimer is right.
(d) A woman followed Sir Charles outside.
3. What does Holmes have Watson send up to him?
(d) His violin.
4. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Playing violin and thinking.
(b) Doing cocaine and thinking.
(c) Drinking and thinking.
(d) Smoking and thinking.
5. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
(a) He wants Holmes to investigate Sir Charles's will.
(b) He wants Holmes to kill the hound.
(c) He fears for Sir Henry's safety if he is to go to the hall.
(d) He wants Watson to get an autopsy report for Sir Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
2. How does Hugo's captive escape?
3. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
4. Where did Sir Charles die?
5. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)