|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Playing violin and thinking.
(b) Doing cocaine and thinking.
(c) Drinking and thinking.
(d) Smoking and thinking.
2. How is Holmes able to deduce the size of Dr. Mortimer's dog?
(a) Holmes sees the scratch marks on the bottom of the staff.
(b) Holmes looks at the size and spacing of the teeth marks on the doctor's walking stick.
(c) Holmes sees marks of measurement on the walking stick.
(d) Holmes guesses.
3. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
(a) A woman followed Sir Charles outside.
(b) Sir Charles was actually running.
(c) Sir Charles was stepping carefully.
(d) Dr. Mortimer is right.
4. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
(a) The current London TImes.
(b) The previous day's Devonshire Times.
(c) The current Devonshire Times.
(d) The previous day's London Times.
5. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
(a) A woman dressed up as a man.
(b) A street urchin.
(c) A man with a possibly fake beard.
(d) A man dressed up as a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
2. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
3. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
4. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
5. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)