|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) He asks the postman.
(b) He suggests they check all the trashcans for the cut-up newspaper near Charing Cross.
(c) He marks the letter to be returned to the sender.
(d) He suggests Sir Henry reply to it.
2. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
(b) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
(c) Hugo marries the girl.
(d) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
3. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
(a) 221 B Baker Street.
(b) 221 B Butcher Avenue.
(c) 221 South London Street.
(d) 112 A Devonshire Boulevard.
4. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
(a) He found the cut-up newspaper.
(b) The font.
(c) The date was on one of the words.
(d) The color of the newsprint.
5. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
(a) The mark of a careless, untrustworthy man.
(b) A present.
(c) A visiting card from the absent-minded.
(d) A rude gesture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
2. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
3. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
4. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
5. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)