|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
2. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
(a) Sir Charles wished to smoke his cigar outside.
(b) Sir Charles was waiting for the hound.
(c) Sir Charles was waiting for someone.
(d) Sir Charles was just out on a walk.
3. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
(a) The previous day's London Times.
(b) The current Devonshire Times.
(c) The current London TImes.
(d) The previous day's Devonshire Times.
4. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
(a) A visiting card from the absent-minded.
(b) A rude gesture.
(c) The mark of a careless, untrustworthy man.
(d) A present.
5. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
(a) Holmes's deductions are mostly, but not completely accurate.
(b) Holmes's deduction are completely wrong.
(c) Holmes does not appreciate the doctor just stopping in unannounced.
(d) Holmes find the doctor to be rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the death of Sir Charles, what had appeared to people on the moor?
2. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
3. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
4. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
5. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)