|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
(a) Holmes's deduction are completely wrong.
(b) Holmes find the doctor to be rude.
(c) Holmes's deductions are mostly, but not completely accurate.
(d) Holmes does not appreciate the doctor just stopping in unannounced.
2. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
(a) A street urchin.
(b) A man dressed up as a priest.
(c) A woman dressed up as a man.
(d) A man with a possibly fake beard.
3. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
(a) Everyone was drunk.
(b) He was the only one there.
(c) The prints were too far away.
(d) No one cared.
4. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
(a) A brown hat.
(b) An old suitcoat.
(c) An old boot.
(d) A brown boot.
5. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
(a) He watched Sir Charles the night he died.
(b) He noticed that cigar ash had dropped twice.
(c) Sir Charles marked time with pebbles.
(d) Sir Charles's watch had been smashed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
2. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
3. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
4. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
5. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)