|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
(a) 112 A Devonshire Boulevard.
(b) 221 B Baker Street.
(c) 221 B Butcher Avenue.
(d) 221 South London Street.
2. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
3. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
(a) A young, city doctor.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) An elderly, country doctor.
(d) A middle-aged scientist.
4. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
(b) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
(c) Holmes advises him to return home.
(d) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
5. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
(a) He wishes Dr. Mortimer had called him in sooner.
(b) He believes Dr. Mortimer is paranoid.
(c) He does not care for Sir Charles.
(d) He thinks this case is a waste of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
2. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
3. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
4. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
5. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)