|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
(a) A walking stick.
(b) A will.
(c) A manuscript.
(d) A bone.
2. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A hat.
(b) A walking stick.
(c) A notebook.
(d) A boot.
3. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
(b) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
(c) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(d) Hugo marries the girl.
4. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
(a) A young, city doctor.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) An elderly, country doctor.
(d) A middle-aged scientist.
5. What does Holmes have Watson send up to him?
(c) His violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
2. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
3. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
4. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
5. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)