|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
(a) A walking stick.
(b) A will.
(c) A manuscript.
(d) A bone.
2. How is Holmes able to deduce the size of Dr. Mortimer's dog?
(a) Holmes guesses.
(b) Holmes sees marks of measurement on the walking stick.
(c) Holmes looks at the size and spacing of the teeth marks on the doctor's walking stick.
(d) Holmes sees the scratch marks on the bottom of the staff.
3. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
(a) A young, city doctor.
(b) A middle-aged scientist.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) An elderly, country doctor.
4. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
(a) Christian Cross Hospital.
(b) Charing Court Hospital.
(c) Christian Care Hospital.
(d) Charing Cross Hospital.
5. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
(a) 221 B Baker Street.
(b) 221 B Butcher Avenue.
(c) 112 A Devonshire Boulevard.
(d) 221 South London Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
2. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
3. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
4. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
5. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)