|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Baskerville curse?
(a) Any descendent of the Baskervilles is to never cross the moor at night, though several have died violently.
(b) The hound will avenge the death of any Baskerville.
(c) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(d) The Baskervilles are cursed to turn into hounds if they become like Hugo.
2. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
(a) The study of skull formations.
(c) The study of the human hand.
3. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
(a) Hugo Baskerville.
(b) Harry Baskerville.
(c) Henry Baskerville.
(d) Charles Baskerville II.
4. How does Hugo's captive escape?
(a) She sneaked out of his bedroom.
(b) She crawled down the ivy-covered wall.
(c) She bribed his servant.
(d) She used the entrance to the yew alley.
5. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
(a) Sir Charles's last will and testament.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) Maps of Devonshire.
(d) The legend of the Baskerville hound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
2. How is Holmes able to deduce the size of Dr. Mortimer's dog?
3. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
4. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
5. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)