|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does chapter one take place?
2. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo marries the girl.
(b) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
(c) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(d) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
3. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
(a) He believes the hound is haunting him.
(b) He believes it may be supernatural in nature.
(c) He believes he may be next.
(d) He believes the servants set up Sir Charles's murder.
4. What does Holmes have Watson send up to him?
(b) His violin.
5. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
(a) A young, ambitious doctor.
(b) An older, caring doctor.
(c) An older, incompetent doctor.
(d) A young, unambitious doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
2. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
3. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
4. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
5. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)