|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes have Watson send up to him?
(d) His violin.
2. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(b) An elderly, country doctor.
(c) A middle-aged scientist.
(d) A young, city doctor.
3. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
(a) A young, unambitious doctor.
(b) An older, incompetent doctor.
(c) An older, caring doctor.
(d) A young, ambitious doctor.
4. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
(b) The study of the human hand.
(d) The study of skull formations.
5. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
(a) The best detective in Europe.
(b) The second-best detective in Europe.
(c) A lucky detective.
(d) The most brilliant mind of the decade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
2. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
3. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
4. What is the Baskerville curse?
5. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)