|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
(a) Sir Charles marked time with pebbles.
(b) Sir Charles's watch had been smashed.
(c) He noticed that cigar ash had dropped twice.
(d) He watched Sir Charles the night he died.
2. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
(a) The study of skull formations.
(d) The study of the human hand.
3. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
(a) He believes he may be next.
(b) He believes it may be supernatural in nature.
(c) He believes the servants set up Sir Charles's murder.
(d) He believes the hound is haunting him.
4. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
(a) Charles Baskerville II.
(b) Harry Baskerville.
(c) Henry Baskerville.
(d) Hugo Baskerville.
5. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
(a) A young, city doctor.
(b) A middle-aged scientist.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) An elderly, country doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
2. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
3. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
4. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
5. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)