|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
(a) He believes it may be supernatural in nature.
(b) He believes the servants set up Sir Charles's murder.
(c) He believes he may be next.
(d) He believes the hound is haunting him.
2. What does Holmes have Watson send up to him?
(a) His violin.
3. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Smoking and thinking.
(b) Drinking and thinking.
(c) Playing violin and thinking.
(d) Doing cocaine and thinking.
4. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
(a) The study of skull formations.
(d) The study of the human hand.
5. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A walking stick.
(b) A hat.
(c) A boot.
(d) A notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
2. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
3. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
4. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
5. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)