|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
(a) Sir Charles marked time with pebbles.
(b) He watched Sir Charles the night he died.
(c) He noticed that cigar ash had dropped twice.
(d) Sir Charles's watch had been smashed.
2. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
(a) A lucky detective.
(b) The second-best detective in Europe.
(c) The best detective in Europe.
(d) The most brilliant mind of the decade.
3. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
(b) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(c) Hugo marries the girl.
(d) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
4. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
(a) He was the only one there.
(b) The prints were too far away.
(c) No one cared.
(d) Everyone was drunk.
5. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
(a) A gun.
(c) The footprints of a giant hound.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
2. Where did Sir Charles die?
3. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
4. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
5. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)