|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Baskerville curse?
(a) The hound will avenge the death of any Baskerville.
(b) Any descendent of the Baskervilles is to never cross the moor at night, though several have died violently.
(c) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(d) The Baskervilles are cursed to turn into hounds if they become like Hugo.
2. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
(a) He believes he may be next.
(b) He believes it may be supernatural in nature.
(c) He believes the servants set up Sir Charles's murder.
(d) He believes the hound is haunting him.
3. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Drinking and thinking.
(b) Playing violin and thinking.
(c) Doing cocaine and thinking.
(d) Smoking and thinking.
4. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
(a) He had a heart condition.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He had the gout.
(d) He had diabetes.
5. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
(a) The second-best detective in Europe.
(b) The best detective in Europe.
(c) The most brilliant mind of the decade.
(d) A lucky detective.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes have Watson send up to him?
2. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
3. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
4. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
5. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)