|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
(a) Holmes's deductions are mostly, but not completely accurate.
(b) Holmes does not appreciate the doctor just stopping in unannounced.
(c) Holmes find the doctor to be rude.
(d) Holmes's deduction are completely wrong.
2. Where does chapter one take place?
3. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
(a) A lucky detective.
(b) The second-best detective in Europe.
(c) The best detective in Europe.
(d) The most brilliant mind of the decade.
4. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
(a) He was the only one there.
(b) No one cared.
(c) The prints were too far away.
(d) Everyone was drunk.
5. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
(a) He thinks this case is a waste of time.
(b) He wishes Dr. Mortimer had called him in sooner.
(c) He believes Dr. Mortimer is paranoid.
(d) He does not care for Sir Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
2. What is the Baskerville curse?
3. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
4. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
5. Where did Sir Charles die?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)