|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
(a) An elderly, country doctor.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) A young, city doctor.
(d) A middle-aged scientist.
2. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
(a) An older, caring doctor.
(b) An older, incompetent doctor.
(c) A young, unambitious doctor.
(d) A young, ambitious doctor.
3. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
(a) Charles Baskerville II.
(b) Henry Baskerville.
(c) Harry Baskerville.
(d) Hugo Baskerville.
4. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A notebook.
(b) A boot.
(c) A walking stick.
(d) A hat.
5. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
(a) Hugo killed a gypsy's dog.
(b) Hugo sent a man to die in Grimpen Mire.
(c) Hugo killed the daughter of a yeoman.
(d) Hugo kidnapped the daughter of a yeoman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
2. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
3. Before the death of Sir Charles, what had appeared to people on the moor?
4. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
5. Where does chapter one take place?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)