|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
(a) He wants Holmes to kill the hound.
(b) He wants Watson to get an autopsy report for Sir Charles.
(c) He wants Holmes to investigate Sir Charles's will.
(d) He fears for Sir Henry's safety if he is to go to the hall.
2. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
(a) A dog.
(b) A gun.
(c) The footprints of a giant hound.
3. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
(a) He was going to have the hall destroyed.
(b) He wished to disprove rumors of the Baskerville hound.
(c) He wished to marry and start a family.
(d) He made a fortune in South Africa and wished to renovate his ancestral home.
4. What would Dr. Mortimer like to do?
(a) Play violin with Holmes.
(b) Take Holmes and Watson to dinner.
(c) Write a letter to Holmes.
(d) Study Holmes's skull.
5. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
(a) Charles Baskerville II.
(b) Harry Baskerville.
(c) Henry Baskerville.
(d) Hugo Baskerville.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
2. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
3. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
4. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
5. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)