|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Drinking and thinking.
(b) Doing cocaine and thinking.
(c) Smoking and thinking.
(d) Playing violin and thinking.
2. Where does chapter one take place?
3. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
(a) A rude gesture.
(b) The mark of a careless, untrustworthy man.
(c) A visiting card from the absent-minded.
(d) A present.
4. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
(a) The study of the human hand.
(c) The study of skull formations.
5. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
(a) Hugo kidnapped the daughter of a yeoman.
(b) Hugo sent a man to die in Grimpen Mire.
(c) Hugo killed the daughter of a yeoman.
(d) Hugo killed a gypsy's dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
2. How does Hugo's captive escape?
3. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
4. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
5. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)