|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
(a) He plays the violin.
(b) He drinks some brandy.
(c) He does cocaine.
(d) He smokes his pipe.
2. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
(a) The footprints of a giant hound.
(b) A dog.
(c) A gun.
3. How does Hugo's captive escape?
(a) She used the entrance to the yew alley.
(b) She sneaked out of his bedroom.
(c) She bribed his servant.
(d) She crawled down the ivy-covered wall.
4. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
(a) He fears for Sir Henry's safety if he is to go to the hall.
(b) He wants Holmes to kill the hound.
(c) He wants Holmes to investigate Sir Charles's will.
(d) He wants Watson to get an autopsy report for Sir Charles.
5. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A boot.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A walking stick.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Baskerville curse?
2. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
3. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
4. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
5. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)