|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A boot.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A walking stick.
(d) A hat.
2. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
(a) Holmes does not appreciate the doctor just stopping in unannounced.
(b) Holmes find the doctor to be rude.
(c) Holmes's deductions are mostly, but not completely accurate.
(d) Holmes's deduction are completely wrong.
3. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) Maps of Devonshire.
(c) The legend of the Baskerville hound.
(d) Sir Charles's last will and testament.
4. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
(a) He believes it may be supernatural in nature.
(b) He believes the hound is haunting him.
(c) He believes the servants set up Sir Charles's murder.
(d) He believes he may be next.
5. How is Holmes able to deduce the size of Dr. Mortimer's dog?
(a) Holmes looks at the size and spacing of the teeth marks on the doctor's walking stick.
(b) Holmes sees the scratch marks on the bottom of the staff.
(c) Holmes guesses.
(d) Holmes sees marks of measurement on the walking stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
2. How does Hugo's captive escape?
3. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
4. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
5. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)