|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
(a) Charles Baskerville II.
(b) Henry Baskerville.
(c) Hugo Baskerville.
(d) Harry Baskerville.
2. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A walking stick.
(b) A hat.
(c) A boot.
(d) A notebook.
3. How does Holmes relax after his day of thinking?
(a) He plays the violin.
(b) He drinks some brandy.
(c) He smokes his pipe.
(d) He does cocaine.
4. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Smoking and thinking.
(b) Playing violin and thinking.
(c) Drinking and thinking.
(d) Doing cocaine and thinking.
5. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo marries the girl.
(b) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(c) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
(d) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
2. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
3. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
4. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
5. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)