|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A hat.
(b) A walking stick.
(c) A boot.
(d) A notebook.
2. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Doing cocaine and thinking.
(b) Smoking and thinking.
(c) Playing violin and thinking.
(d) Drinking and thinking.
3. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
(a) He made a fortune in South Africa and wished to renovate his ancestral home.
(b) He wished to disprove rumors of the Baskerville hound.
(c) He wished to marry and start a family.
(d) He was going to have the hall destroyed.
4. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
(a) Charing Court Hospital.
(b) Charing Cross Hospital.
(c) Christian Care Hospital.
(d) Christian Cross Hospital.
5. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
(c) The study of skull formations.
(d) The study of the human hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
2. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
3. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
4. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
5. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)