|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sir Charles die?
(a) The entrance of the yew alley.
(b) The entrance to his bedroom.
(c) Fox Tor.
(d) Grimpen Mire.
2. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
(a) Charles Baskerville.
(b) Hank Baskerville.
(c) Henry Baskerville.
(d) Hugo Baskerville.
3. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
(a) A young, ambitious doctor.
(b) A young, unambitious doctor.
(c) An older, incompetent doctor.
(d) An older, caring doctor.
4. Dr. Mortimer believes that, from the marks, Sir Charles had tip-toed throughout the gravel. What does Holmes deduce from those facts?
(a) Dr. Mortimer is right.
(b) Sir Charles was stepping carefully.
(c) A woman followed Sir Charles outside.
(d) Sir Charles was actually running.
5. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
(a) Everyone was drunk.
(b) No one cared.
(c) The prints were too far away.
(d) He was the only one there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
2. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
3. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
4. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
5. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)