Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A hat.
(b) A walking stick.
(c) A boot.
(d) A notebook.
2. Where does chapter one take place?
3. On the moor, what does Watson find himself unable to do?
(a) Shoot the unarmed convict.
(b) Go further into the Grimpen Mire.
(c) Reassure Sir Henry that the hound is not real.
(d) Leave a hurt animal behind.
4. What does Holmes have Watson send up to him?
(d) His violin.
5. What name did the bearded man who followed Sir Henry give the cabman?
(a) Professor James Moriarty.
(b) Sir Henry Baskerville.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) Dr. John Watson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When questioned by Sir Henry about the strange sound in the night, what lie does Barrymore tell?
2. What do Sir Henry, Dr. Mortimer, and Watson discover as they travel to the moor?
3. What does Watson believe is the identity of the man on the moor?
4. What does Holmes advise to Watson before Watson leaves for Devonshire with Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer?
5. What does Barrymore tell Watson about the mysterious man on the moor?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)