|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A boot.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A hat.
(d) A walking stick.
2. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
(a) 221 B Baker Street.
(b) 112 A Devonshire Boulevard.
(c) 221 B Butcher Avenue.
(d) 221 South London Street.
3. When questioned by Sir Henry about the strange sound in the night, what lie does Barrymore tell?
(a) He lies about his wife crying the night before.
(b) He lies about whether he has heard the hound or not.
(c) He lies about having been wandering the halls the night before.
(d) He lies about where he was the night Sir Charles died.
4. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
(a) He had diabetes.
(b) He had the gout.
(c) He had cancer.
(d) He had a heart condition.
5. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
(a) The font.
(b) The color of the newsprint.
(c) He found the cut-up newspaper.
(d) The date was on one of the words.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
2. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
3. What is Stapleton's profession?
4. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
5. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the hotel, what does Sir Henry claim to have lost this time?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)