|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stapleton's profession?
(a) A barrister.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A professor.
(d) A naturalist.
2. What does Barrymore tell Watson about the mysterious man on the moor?
(a) Selden believes he is an appartion.
(b) Selden reports that the man is a foreigner.
(c) Selden sees a young woman frequently going to vsiti the man with supplies.
(d) Selden had informed his brother-in-law that the man has a young boy bringing him what he needs.
3. Why is Watson glad to see Holmes after going to the stone hut?
(a) He believes he is being followed.
(b) He is scared to walk back to Baskerville Hall alone.
(c) The case is beginning to overwhelm Watson.
(d) He was worried for Holmes's safety.
4. How did Holmes know it was Watson in his hut?
(a) His footprints.
(b) He watched Watson all the way from Frankland's manor.
(c) His cigarette stub.
(d) He heard Watson mumbling to himself.
5. Why is the woman who wrote the letter to Sir Charles estranged from her family?
(a) She did not wish to be a traditional housewife.
(b) She married without her father's consent.
(c) She had a child out of wedlock.
(d) She divorced her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the man on the moor staying?
2. While returning to Baskerville Hall after trying to find Selden, what does Watson observe on one of the tors?
3. When Holmes has Watson focus solely on the face in the portrait, what does Watson see?
4. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
5. What does Sir Henry do when Barrymore refuses to answer his questions?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)