|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes advise to Watson before Watson leaves for Devonshire with Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer?
(a) To take up smoking.
(b) To stay armed at all times.
(c) To always have a dog with him.
(d) To never go out on the moor.
2. What does Sir Henry plan to do to the yew bridge?
(a) Open it up for the public.
(b) Install electric lights to dispel the gloom.
(c) Tear it down.
(d) Make it a memorial to Sir Charles.
3. How does Mr. Frankland spend his time when at home?
(a) He is writing a history of Devonshire.
(b) He spends time restoring his home.
(c) He uses his telescope to look at the moor, ostensibly for the convict.
(d) He spends time with his daughter, who is a painter.
4. Why did Mrs. Lyons wish to meet with Sir Charles on the night of his death?
(a) She wished to warn him.
(b) She was hoping that he would give his blessing to her divorce.
(c) She was hoping that he would propose to her.
(d) She needed his help and he was going to be away to London for a long time.
5. After hearing a man scream on the moor, what do Watson and Holmes hear next?
(a) The baying of the hound.
(c) A woman sobbing.
(d) A carriage rattling behind them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Holmes lie about being in London to Watson?
2. Who approaches Watson and Holmes after the discovery of the body on the moor?
3. What does Stapleton do when he visits Baskerville Hall after Watson has followed Sir Henry?
4. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
5. On the moor, what does Watson find himself unable to do?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)