|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson find in the stone hut that pertains to him?
(a) He finds his brand of cigarettes.
(b) He finds his letters to Holmes.
(c) He finds his old overcoat.
(d) He finds a note that details his whereabouts for the day.
2. In his correspondence with Holmes, what happens the previous night that rouses Watson's suspicion?
(a) He sees Mrs. Barrymore burning a letter.
(b) He sees Barrymore quickly packing his trunk.
(c) He sees Barrymore sneak to a window and light a candle.
(d) He sees Mrs. Barrymore going outside by herself.
3. What would Dr. Mortimer like to do?
(a) Study Holmes's skull.
(b) Play violin with Holmes.
(c) Write a letter to Holmes.
(d) Take Holmes and Watson to dinner.
4. What possibility does Holmes rule out when he discovers that Henry does not have a will?
(a) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs could not be the culprit.
(b) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs is the culprit.
(c) Holmes decides that there is no murderer.
(d) Holmes realizes that Sir Henry may be the murderer.
5. What does Mrs. Lyons credit to Sir Charles?
(a) Sir Charles helped her start her business and kept her on her feet.
(b) Sir Charles dispelled the rumors going around about her.
(c) Sir Charles helped her procure her divorce.
(d) Sir Charles single-handedly saved the church from going under.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Henry plan to do to the yew bridge?
2. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
3. What does Stapleton reveal that shocks Watson?
4. What had Stapleton falsely promised Mrs. Lyons?
5. According to Mrs. Lyons, what did she do the night she was to meet with Sir Charles?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)