|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possible motive for Barrymore's strange behavior does Watson surmise?
(a) Watson wonders if Barrymore is trying to distract him.
(b) Watson wonders if Barrymore is cheating on his wife.
(c) Watson wonders if Barrymore is attempting to rob Sir Henry.
(d) Watson wonders if Barrymore is trying to find the hound himself.
2. Why is Watson glad to see Holmes after going to the stone hut?
(a) He was worried for Holmes's safety.
(b) The case is beginning to overwhelm Watson.
(c) He believes he is being followed.
(d) He is scared to walk back to Baskerville Hall alone.
3. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
(a) He had diabetes.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He had a heart condition.
(d) He had the gout.
4. According to the letter to Holmes, what is the status on the escaped convict?
(a) The convict will likely be caught soon.
(b) The convict has probably died out on the moors.
(c) The convict has likely escaped the area.
(d) The convict will likely turn himself in to escape the inhospitable moor.
5. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
(a) A woman dressed up as a man.
(b) A man dressed up as a priest.
(c) A street urchin.
(d) A man with a possibly fake beard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
2. What do Sir Henry and Watson do to entrap Barrymore?
3. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
4. After leaving Frankland's manor, where does Watson go?
5. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)