|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What manner of narration is used in Chapter 10?
(a) Letters to Holmes.
(b) Dr. Watson's journal entries.
(c) Dr. Mortimer's journal entries.
(d) Letters to Dr. Mortimer.
2. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
(a) Sir Charles marked time with pebbles.
(b) He watched Sir Charles the night he died.
(c) He noticed that cigar ash had dropped twice.
(d) Sir Charles's watch had been smashed.
3. What possibility does Holmes rule out when he discovers that Henry does not have a will?
(a) Holmes realizes that Sir Henry may be the murderer.
(b) Holmes decides that there is no murderer.
(c) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs is the culprit.
(d) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs could not be the culprit.
4. What does Mrs. Barrymore confess?
(a) They inadvertently led Sir Charles to his death.
(b) She is cheating on her husband.
(c) The escaped convict is her brother.
(d) Her husband is cheating on her.
5. After Watson tells Holmes about his conversation with Laura Lyons, what does Holmes reveal to his partner about Miss Stapleton?
(a) She is actually Stapleton's daughter.
(b) She is the murderer.
(c) She is Frankland's daughter.
(d) She is actually Stapleton's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sir Charles hear about Mrs. Lyons's situation?
2. What is Sir Henry's opinion of Baskerville Hall?
3. What does Watson deduce about the candle?
4. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
5. What does Sir Henry do that Holmes strongly advises against?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)