|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Lyons wish to meet with Sir Charles on the night of his death?
(a) She needed his help and he was going to be away to London for a long time.
(b) She was hoping that he would propose to her.
(c) She wished to warn him.
(d) She was hoping that he would give his blessing to her divorce.
2. Who is L.L.?
(a) There is no L.L.
(b) Laura Lyons, the daughter of Frankland.
(c) Laura Lancaster, the youngest sister of Frankland.
(d) Laura Lols, the cousin of Stapleton.
3. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
(a) The intelligence.
(b) The temper.
(c) The cruelty.
(d) The godlessness.
4. According to Barrymore, what is the plan for Selden?
(a) Selden will assume a new identity in Wales.
(b) Selden will leave for France in a week.
(c) Selden will live alone on the moor.
(d) Selden will leave in a few days for South America.
5. According to Holmes and Watson's deductions, who must have sent the message of warning to Sir Henry in London?
(a) Miss Stapleton.
(c) Dr. Mortimer.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Stapleton seem opposed?
2. What does Mrs. Barrymore confess?
3. Why did Mrs. Lyons wish to meet with Sir Charles so secretly?
4. What false theory does Watson give Stapleton about how the man died?
5. In his correspondence with Holmes, what happens the previous night that rouses Watson's suspicion?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)