|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does chapter one take place?
2. Who arrives from London to help Holmes?
(a) Sir Charles.
(d) Stapleton's brother.
3. How does Watson know Barrymore is lying?
(a) Dr. Mortimer tells Watson about where Barrymore was the night Sir Charles died.
(b) Barrymore inadvertently admits he was out in the halls the night before.
(c) Watson hears Barrymore tell his wife he heard the hound out on the moors.
(d) Watson notes that Mrs. Barrymore's eyes are red and swollen.
4. What name did the bearded man who followed Sir Henry give the cabman?
(a) Professor James Moriarty.
(b) Sir Henry Baskerville.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) Dr. John Watson.
5. What does Watson keep hearing from the moor?
(a) A train.
(b) The baying of a hound.
(c) A man screaming.
(d) A woman sobbing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
2. What is Sir Henry to do while at dinner with the Stapletons?
3. Where is the man on the moor staying?
4. How does Mr. Frankland spend his time when at home?
5. How does Holmes spend his time before meeting with Sir Henry in the afternoon following their first meeting?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)