|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sir Charles die?
(a) Grimpen Mire.
(b) The entrance of the yew alley.
(c) The entrance to his bedroom.
(d) Fox Tor.
2. What does the postmaster inadvertently reveal to Watson?
(a) Sir Charles had a mysterious package delivered to him the day before his death.
(b) The telegram was delivered to Mrs. Barrymore, not her husband.
(c) Sir Henry has a package of mail waiting for him.
(d) One of the neighbors has been reading Sir Charles's mail.
3. What does Holmes advise to Watson before Watson leaves for Devonshire with Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer?
(a) To take up smoking.
(b) To always have a dog with him.
(c) To never go out on the moor.
(d) To stay armed at all times.
4. What do Sir Henry and Watson do to entrap Barrymore?
(a) They ask Mrs. Barrymore what her husband's habits are at night.
(b) They stay up all night until they hear him come to the window with a candle.
(c) They have Dr. Mortimer follow Barrymore around for a day.
(d) They trick Barrymore into coming outside with them at night.
5. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) Sir Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
2. What does Frankland show Watson on his telescope?
3. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
4. What is the deal Stapleton strikes with Sir Henry?
5. While searching for Selden on the moor, what frightens both Sir Henry and Watson?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)