|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
(a) Hugo Baskerville.
(b) Harry Baskerville.
(c) Charles Baskerville II.
(d) Henry Baskerville.
2. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
(b) Holmes advises him to return home.
(c) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
(d) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
3. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
(a) He made a fortune in South Africa and wished to renovate his ancestral home.
(b) He wished to marry and start a family.
(c) He wished to disprove rumors of the Baskerville hound.
(d) He was going to have the hall destroyed.
4. In his correspondence with Holmes, what happens the previous night that rouses Watson's suspicion?
(a) He sees Barrymore sneak to a window and light a candle.
(b) He sees Mrs. Barrymore going outside by herself.
(c) He sees Barrymore quickly packing his trunk.
(d) He sees Mrs. Barrymore burning a letter.
5. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
(a) A young, city doctor.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) A middle-aged scientist.
(d) An elderly, country doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the hotel, what does Sir Henry claim to have lost this time?
2. What impression does Watson have of Baskerville Hall in the morning in Chapter 7?
3. What would Dr. Mortimer like to do?
4. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
5. Where does chapter one take place?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)