|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sir Henry's opinion of Baskerville Hall?
(a) He finds it to be too big.
(b) He finds it gloomy.
(c) He finds it cheerful.
(d) He finds it to be stifling.
2. Why is Barrymore angry after Sir Henry and Watson learn the truth of his strange behavior?
(a) No one believes him when he tells them of the hound.
(b) He does not believe Watson and Sir Henry should have hunted after Selden.
(c) He believes they were rude to his wife.
(d) Sir Henry refuses to allow the Barrymores to leave for London.
3. What does Sir Henry do when Barrymore refuses to answer his questions?
(a) He threatens to tell everyone Barrymore is the murderer.
(b) He cuts Barrymore's pay.
(c) He strikes Barrymore.
(d) He fires Barrymore.
4. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
(a) A young, ambitious doctor.
(b) An older, incompetent doctor.
(c) A young, unambitious doctor.
(d) An older, caring doctor.
5. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A notebook.
(b) A hat.
(c) A boot.
(d) A walking stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stapleton reveal that shocks Watson?
2. What is Sir Henry to do while at dinner with the Stapletons?
3. Why is Watson glad to see Holmes after going to the stone hut?
4. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
5. Where did Sir Charles die?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)