|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
(a) A manuscript.
(b) A bone.
(c) A walking stick.
(d) A will.
2. Where does Stapleton take Sir Henry and Watson in Chapter 8?
(a) The Grimpen Mire.
(b) The place where the convict is believed to have been last seen.
(c) Hound's Tor.
(d) The area where, according to the story, Hugo Baskerville was killed.
3. In his correspondence with Holmes, what happens the previous night that rouses Watson's suspicion?
(a) He sees Barrymore sneak to a window and light a candle.
(b) He sees Mrs. Barrymore burning a letter.
(c) He sees Mrs. Barrymore going outside by herself.
(d) He sees Barrymore quickly packing his trunk.
4. After hearing a man scream on the moor, what do Watson and Holmes hear next?
(a) The baying of the hound.
(b) A woman sobbing.
(d) A carriage rattling behind them.
5. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
(b) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
(c) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes advises him to return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
2. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
3. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
4. What does Holmes have Watson send up to him?
5. What captures Holmes's attention in Baskerville Hall?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)