|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sir Henry, Dr. Mortimer, and Watson discover as they travel to the moor?
(a) One of Sir Henry's neighbors has moved out.
(b) A ghostly apparition has been appearing to people on the moor.
(c) A dangerous convict has escaped.
(d) Another man has been murdered by the hound.
2. After leaving Frankland's manor, where does Watson go?
(a) He goes to the Grimpen Mire.
(b) He goes back to Baskerville Hall.
(c) He goes to the spot where he saw the boy.
(d) He goes to the Fox Tor to search for Sir Henry.
3. What is Frankland wishing to celebrate?
(a) He found the hound.
(b) He won a lawsuit.
(c) He won a large settlement.
(d) He has decided to reunite with his daughter.
4. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
(a) He does not care for Sir Charles.
(b) He believes Dr. Mortimer is paranoid.
(c) He thinks this case is a waste of time.
(d) He wishes Dr. Mortimer had called him in sooner.
5. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
(a) He wants Holmes to kill the hound.
(b) He fears for Sir Henry's safety if he is to go to the hall.
(c) He wants Holmes to investigate Sir Charles's will.
(d) He wants Watson to get an autopsy report for Sir Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Barrymore make the discovery of why Sir Charles went to the gate the night he died?
2. Why is the woman who wrote the letter to Sir Charles estranged from her family?
3. After asking questions about Frankland's daughter, how does Watson distract Dr. Mortimer from asking any questions?
4. How did Stapleton convince Mrs. Lyons to not meet with Sir Charles the night he died?
5. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)