|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
(a) The temper.
(b) The intelligence.
(c) The cruelty.
(d) The godlessness.
2. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
(a) Everyone was drunk.
(b) The prints were too far away.
(c) He was the only one there.
(d) No one cared.
3. Because of the convict and out of concern for the Stapletons, what did Sir Henry offer to them, which Stapleton turned down?
(a) The company of Sir Henry.
(b) The company of Watson.
(c) The company of Perkins, Sir Henry's groom.
(d) The company of Barrymore.
4. What does Watson hear alone at night in Chapter 6?
(a) Mice in the attic.
(b) Sir Henry having a nightmare.
(c) A woman sobbing.
(d) A hound baying.
5. Why is Watson feeling coldly towards Frankland?
(a) He disapproves of Frankland's abandonment of his daughter.
(b) He believes Frankland is the one stirring up rumors of the hound.
(c) He believes Frankland had a hand in Sir Charles's death.
(d) He believes Frankland abused his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of business did the people on the moor help L.L. set up?
2. What revelation upsets Laura Lyons?
3. How does Mr. Frankland spend his time when at home?
4. What does Sir Henry plan to do to the yew bridge?
5. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)