|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When questioned by Sir Henry about the strange sound in the night, what lie does Barrymore tell?
(a) He lies about his wife crying the night before.
(b) He lies about where he was the night Sir Charles died.
(c) He lies about whether he has heard the hound or not.
(d) He lies about having been wandering the halls the night before.
2. Because of the convict and out of concern for the Stapletons, what did Sir Henry offer to them, which Stapleton turned down?
(a) The company of Perkins, Sir Henry's groom.
(b) The company of Barrymore.
(c) The company of Sir Henry.
(d) The company of Watson.
3. What dangerous place on the moor has claimed the lives of several people and animals?
(a) Fox Tor.
(b) Devon Mire.
(c) The Green Tor.
(d) The Grimpen Mire.
4. How did Stapleton convince Mrs. Lyons to not meet with Sir Charles the night he died?
(a) Stapleton says that he fears it is too dangerous for her to go alone.
(b) Stapleton convinces her that Sir Charles does not wish to see her.
(c) Stapleton said he was too proud to allow another man to help her.
(d) Stapleton tells her that Sir Charles is too ill to meet with her.
5. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
(b) A dog.
(c) The footprints of a giant hound.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sir Henry decide that they must go capture Selden?
2. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
3. According to Mrs. Lyons, what did she do the night she was to meet with Sir Charles?
4. After Watson tells Holmes about his conversation with Laura Lyons, what does Holmes reveal to his partner about Miss Stapleton?
5. While searching for Selden on the moor, what frightens both Sir Henry and Watson?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)