|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While searching for Selden on the moor, what frightens both Sir Henry and Watson?
(a) They find a dead body.
(b) They hear a hound howling on the moor.
(c) They see a man sink into the Grimpen Mire.
(d) They hear someone screaming for help.
2. What possible motive for Barrymore's strange behavior does Watson surmise?
(a) Watson wonders if Barrymore is attempting to rob Sir Henry.
(b) Watson wonders if Barrymore is trying to find the hound himself.
(c) Watson wonders if Barrymore is cheating on his wife.
(d) Watson wonders if Barrymore is trying to distract him.
3. Why is Watson feeling coldly towards Frankland?
(a) He believes Frankland is the one stirring up rumors of the hound.
(b) He believes Frankland abused his daughter.
(c) He disapproves of Frankland's abandonment of his daughter.
(d) He believes Frankland had a hand in Sir Charles's death.
4. What does Watson find in the stone hut that pertains to him?
(a) He finds his letters to Holmes.
(b) He finds a note that details his whereabouts for the day.
(c) He finds his brand of cigarettes.
(d) He finds his old overcoat.
5. What does Mrs. Barrymore confess?
(a) She is cheating on her husband.
(b) The escaped convict is her brother.
(c) They inadvertently led Sir Charles to his death.
(d) Her husband is cheating on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
2. Why did Holmes lie about being in London to Watson?
3. What does Mrs. Lyons credit to Sir Charles?
4. On the moor, what does Watson find himself unable to do?
5. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)