|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
(a) He had the gout.
(b) He had a heart condition.
(c) He had cancer.
(d) He had diabetes.
2. What does Stapleton reveal that shocks Watson?
(a) He knew Sir Henry from school.
(b) Stapleton knows that Sherlock Holmes is looking into the death of Sir Charles.
(c) He is planning on moving into Baskerville Hall.
(d) He was with Sir Charles the night he died.
3. By mid-October, what lady is beginning to preoccupy Sir Henry's thoughts, according to Watson?
(a) Laura Lyons.
(b) A yeoman's daughter.
(c) Miss Stapleton.
(d) Mrs. Barrymore.
4. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) The sender is uneducated and trying to sound educated.
(b) The sender is highly disturbed.
(c) The sender is trying to conceal his or her's education.
(d) The sender is not English.
5. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
(a) A letter.
(b) A bank note.
(c) A telegram from Canada.
(d) A walking stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Holmes know it was Watson in his hut?
2. Why is the woman who wrote the letter to Sir Charles estranged from her family?
3. How does Holmes trick the hotel clerk into talking about guests who have checked in after Sir Henry?
4. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
5. In what matter is everyone in Baskerville Hall on the wrong side of the law?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)