|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
(a) Holmes suggests that Sir Henry stay armed at all times.
(b) Holmes suggests that Dr. Mortimer act as bodyguard.
(c) Holmes sends Watson with Sir Henry for protection.
(d) Holmes suggests that he himself act as bodyguard.
2. What possibility does Holmes rule out when he discovers that Henry does not have a will?
(a) Holmes decides that there is no murderer.
(b) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs could not be the culprit.
(c) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs is the culprit.
(d) Holmes realizes that Sir Henry may be the murderer.
3. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
(a) Sir Charles was just out on a walk.
(b) Sir Charles was waiting for someone.
(c) Sir Charles was waiting for the hound.
(d) Sir Charles wished to smoke his cigar outside.
4. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
(b) Hugo marries the girl.
(c) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(d) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
5. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
(a) He believes the servants set up Sir Charles's murder.
(b) He believes he may be next.
(c) He believes the hound is haunting him.
(d) He believes it may be supernatural in nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Dr. Mortimer like to do?
2. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the hotel, what does Sir Henry claim to have lost this time?
3. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
4. How does Hugo's captive escape?
5. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)