|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
(a) Over two million pounds.
(b) Nearly half a million pounds.
(c) Several hundreds of pounds.
(d) Nearly a million pounds.
2. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
(a) Holmes knows now that Sir Henry is being followed in London.
(b) Holmes realizes Sir Henry will not get any work done in London.
(c) Sir Henry announces that he plans to tear down Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes realizes that Baskerville Hall is not dangerous.
3. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
(a) Maps of Devonshire.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) The legend of the Baskerville hound.
(d) Sir Charles's last will and testament.
4. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
(b) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
(c) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(d) Hugo marries the girl.
5. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
(b) The footprints of a giant hound.
(c) A dog.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
2. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
3. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
4. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
5. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)