|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
(a) Sir Charles wished to smoke his cigar outside.
(b) Sir Charles was waiting for someone.
(c) Sir Charles was just out on a walk.
(d) Sir Charles was waiting for the hound.
2. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
(a) Charing Court Hospital.
(b) Christian Cross Hospital.
(c) Christian Care Hospital.
(d) Charing Cross Hospital.
3. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
(b) Hugo marries the girl.
(c) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
(d) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
4. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Drinking and thinking.
(b) Playing violin and thinking.
(c) Doing cocaine and thinking.
(d) Smoking and thinking.
5. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
(a) A gun.
(c) The footprints of a giant hound.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
2. Where did Sir Charles die?
3. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
4. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
5. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)