|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
(a) 221 South London Street.
(b) 221 B Baker Street.
(c) 112 A Devonshire Boulevard.
(d) 221 B Butcher Avenue.
2. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
(a) The cruelty.
(b) The temper.
(c) The intelligence.
(d) The godlessness.
3. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
(a) Holmes suggests that Dr. Mortimer act as bodyguard.
(b) Holmes suggests that Sir Henry stay armed at all times.
(c) Holmes sends Watson with Sir Henry for protection.
(d) Holmes suggests that he himself act as bodyguard.
4. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
(a) A young, ambitious doctor.
(b) A young, unambitious doctor.
(c) An older, caring doctor.
(d) An older, incompetent doctor.
5. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
(a) He had diabetes.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He had the gout.
(d) He had a heart condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
2. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
3. How does Holmes trick the hotel clerk into talking about guests who have checked in after Sir Henry?
4. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
5. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)