|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
(a) A man dressed up as a priest.
(b) A street urchin.
(c) A man with a possibly fake beard.
(d) A woman dressed up as a man.
2. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
(a) Nearly a million pounds.
(b) Several hundreds of pounds.
(c) Nearly half a million pounds.
(d) Over two million pounds.
3. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
(a) A middle-aged scientist.
(b) An elderly, country doctor.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) A young, city doctor.
4. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
(a) Holmes suggests that Sir Henry stay armed at all times.
(b) Holmes suggests that Dr. Mortimer act as bodyguard.
(c) Holmes sends Watson with Sir Henry for protection.
(d) Holmes suggests that he himself act as bodyguard.
5. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
(a) A present.
(b) The mark of a careless, untrustworthy man.
(c) A visiting card from the absent-minded.
(d) A rude gesture.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hugo's captive escape?
2. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
3. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
4. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
5. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)