|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possibility does Holmes rule out when he discovers that Henry does not have a will?
(a) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs could not be the culprit.
(b) Holmes realizes that Sir Henry may be the murderer.
(c) Holmes decides that there is no murderer.
(d) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs is the culprit.
2. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A boot.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A walking stick.
(d) A hat.
3. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
(a) 112 A Devonshire Boulevard.
(b) 221 South London Street.
(c) 221 B Baker Street.
(d) 221 B Butcher Avenue.
4. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
(a) Sir Charles's last will and testament.
(b) Maps of Devonshire.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) The legend of the Baskerville hound.
5. Where did Sir Charles die?
(a) Grimpen Mire.
(b) The entrance to his bedroom.
(c) Fox Tor.
(d) The entrance of the yew alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
2. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
3. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
4. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
5. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)