|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Baskerville curse?
(a) Any descendent of the Baskervilles is to never cross the moor at night, though several have died violently.
(b) The Baskervilles are cursed to turn into hounds if they become like Hugo.
(c) The hound will avenge the death of any Baskerville.
(d) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
2. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
3. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) He suggests they check all the trashcans for the cut-up newspaper near Charing Cross.
(b) He suggests Sir Henry reply to it.
(c) He asks the postman.
(d) He marks the letter to be returned to the sender.
4. Where does chapter one take place?
5. What would Dr. Mortimer like to do?
(a) Write a letter to Holmes.
(b) Play violin with Holmes.
(c) Take Holmes and Watson to dinner.
(d) Study Holmes's skull.
Short Answer Questions
1. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
2. According to Dr. Mortimer, why did no one else notice the strange marks near the body?
3. How does Hugo's captive escape?
4. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
5. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)