|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
(a) The cruelty.
(b) The intelligence.
(c) The godlessness.
(d) The temper.
2. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
(a) The font.
(b) He found the cut-up newspaper.
(c) The date was on one of the words.
(d) The color of the newsprint.
3. What does the first telegram to Holmes reveal?
(a) Barrymore appears to have left the country.
(b) Barrymore does not appear to be at Baskerville Hall.
(c) Barrymore appears to be at Baskerville Hall.
(d) Barrymore appears to be in London.
4. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
(a) The previous day's Devonshire Times.
(b) The previous day's London Times.
(c) The current Devonshire Times.
(d) The current London TImes.
5. What does Holmes believe is the reason Sir Charles went out to the yew alley that night?
(a) Sir Charles was just out on a walk.
(b) Sir Charles wished to smoke his cigar outside.
(c) Sir Charles was waiting for someone.
(d) Sir Charles was waiting for the hound.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
2. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
3. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
4. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
5. What name did the bearded man who followed Sir Henry give the cabman?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)