|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
(a) A woman dressed up as a man.
(b) A man with a possibly fake beard.
(c) A man dressed up as a priest.
(d) A street urchin.
2. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
(a) He sends a telegram for him to Baskerville Hall that requires an immediate response.
(b) Holmes asks the neighbors if they have seen Barrymore.
(c) Holmes sends a package to Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes has a friend watch Baskerville Hall.
3. What is the Baskerville curse?
(a) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(b) The Baskervilles are cursed to turn into hounds if they become like Hugo.
(c) The hound will avenge the death of any Baskerville.
(d) Any descendent of the Baskervilles is to never cross the moor at night, though several have died violently.
4. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
(a) The godlessness.
(b) The intelligence.
(c) The temper.
(d) The cruelty.
5. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the hotel, what does Sir Henry claim to have lost this time?
(a) A black boot.
(b) A black hat.
(c) A pipe.
(d) An overcoat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
2. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
3. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
4. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
5. Where does chapter one take place?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)