|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Mortimer say has a beard like the man that was following them?
(a) Barrymore, Sir Charles's butler.
(b) Anthony, Sir Charles's groom.
(c) Frankland, one of the Baskerville neighbors.
(d) Barrymore's brother.
2. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
(a) His scarred face.
(b) He frequently abandoned people for dead on the moor.
(c) He beat a man to death for looking at him wrong.
(d) His cruel humor.
3. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
(a) A bank note.
(b) A letter.
(c) A telegram from Canada.
(d) A walking stick.
4. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
(a) Christian Cross Hospital.
(b) Christian Care Hospital.
(c) Charing Cross Hospital.
(d) Charing Court Hospital.
5. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo marries the girl.
(b) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
(c) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
(d) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
2. What is the Baskerville curse?
3. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
4. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
5. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)