|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes have Watson send up to him?
(d) His violin.
2. Where does chapter one take place?
3. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
(a) He hires a boy named Cartwright to bribe the postman.
(b) Holmes checks the wastepaper himself.
(c) Holmes sends Watson to check the wastepaper.
(d) He hires a boy named Cartwright to search the wastepaper of each hotel in Charing Cross.
4. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
(a) A brown hat.
(b) A brown boot.
(c) An old suitcoat.
(d) An old boot.
5. After questioning Dr. Mortimer about the discovery of Sir Charles's body, what is Holmes annoyed about?
(a) He believes Dr. Mortimer is paranoid.
(b) He thinks this case is a waste of time.
(c) He does not care for Sir Charles.
(d) He wishes Dr. Mortimer had called him in sooner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possibility does Holmes rule out when he discovers that Henry does not have a will?
2. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
3. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
4. What is the actual reason for Dr. Mortimer's consultation with Holmes?
5. What is the Baskerville curse?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)