|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
(a) Hugo killed the daughter of a yeoman.
(b) Hugo kidnapped the daughter of a yeoman.
(c) Hugo killed a gypsy's dog.
(d) Hugo sent a man to die in Grimpen Mire.
2. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
(a) Around sixty and gray.
(b) Around forty and of military bearing.
(c) Around forty, pale, and of average height.
(d) Around thirty, dark complected, and tall.
3. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
4. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) The sender is trying to conceal his or her's education.
(b) The sender is not English.
(c) The sender is highly disturbed.
(d) The sender is uneducated and trying to sound educated.
5. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
(a) An old boot.
(b) A brown boot.
(c) An old suitcoat.
(d) A brown hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
2. Who is Sir Charles's heir?
3. How did Dr. Mortimer deduce that Sir Charles had stood at the gate for five to ten minutes?
4. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
5. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)