|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes spend his time before meeting with Sir Henry in the afternoon following their first meeting?
(a) At the theater.
(c) In an art gallery.
(d) Playing violin.
2. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
(a) The second-best detective in Europe.
(b) The most brilliant mind of the decade.
(c) The best detective in Europe.
(d) A lucky detective.
3. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(b) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
(c) Hugo marries the girl.
(d) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
4. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
(a) Charing Cross Hospital.
(b) Christian Care Hospital.
(c) Charing Court Hospital.
(d) Christian Cross Hospital.
5. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Drinking and thinking.
(b) Smoking and thinking.
(c) Playing violin and thinking.
(d) Doing cocaine and thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a favored study of Dr. Mortimer?
2. What would Dr. Mortimer like to do?
3. What name did the bearded man who followed Sir Henry give the cabman?
4. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
5. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the hotel, what does Sir Henry claim to have lost this time?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)