|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Baskerville curse?
(a) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(b) The Baskervilles are cursed to turn into hounds if they become like Hugo.
(c) Any descendent of the Baskervilles is to never cross the moor at night, though several have died violently.
(d) The hound will avenge the death of any Baskerville.
2. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
(a) He believes the servants set up Sir Charles's murder.
(b) He believes it may be supernatural in nature.
(c) He believes he may be next.
(d) He believes the hound is haunting him.
3. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
(a) Several hundreds of pounds.
(b) Nearly half a million pounds.
(c) Nearly a million pounds.
(d) Over two million pounds.
4. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
(a) A brown hat.
(b) An old boot.
(c) A brown boot.
(d) An old suitcoat.
5. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
(a) He beat a man to death for looking at him wrong.
(b) He frequently abandoned people for dead on the moor.
(c) His scarred face.
(d) His cruel humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
2. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
3. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
4. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
5. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)