|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the hotel, what does Sir Henry claim to have lost this time?
(a) A black hat.
(b) A black boot.
(c) An overcoat.
(d) A pipe.
2. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
(a) Holmes has a friend watch Baskerville Hall.
(b) Holmes asks the neighbors if they have seen Barrymore.
(c) He sends a telegram for him to Baskerville Hall that requires an immediate response.
(d) Holmes sends a package to Baskerville Hall.
3. What does Dr. Mortimer call Holmes in Chapter 1?
(a) A lucky detective.
(b) The most brilliant mind of the decade.
(c) The best detective in Europe.
(d) The second-best detective in Europe.
4. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
(b) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
(c) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
(d) Holmes advises him to return home.
5. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
(a) The font.
(b) The date was on one of the words.
(c) He found the cut-up newspaper.
(d) The color of the newsprint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
2. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
3. What name did the bearded man who followed Sir Henry give the cabman?
4. What possibility does Holmes rule out when he discovers that Henry does not have a will?
5. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)