|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes spend his day after the departure of Dr. Mortimer and Watson?
(a) Smoking and thinking.
(b) Playing violin and thinking.
(c) Doing cocaine and thinking.
(d) Drinking and thinking.
2. Where does chapter one take place?
3. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
(a) He was going to have the hall destroyed.
(b) He made a fortune in South Africa and wished to renovate his ancestral home.
(c) He wished to disprove rumors of the Baskerville hound.
(d) He wished to marry and start a family.
4. How does Hugo's captive escape?
(a) She bribed his servant.
(b) She used the entrance to the yew alley.
(c) She sneaked out of his bedroom.
(d) She crawled down the ivy-covered wall.
5. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) He marks the letter to be returned to the sender.
(b) He suggests they check all the trashcans for the cut-up newspaper near Charing Cross.
(c) He suggests Sir Henry reply to it.
(d) He asks the postman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
2. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the hotel, what does Sir Henry claim to have lost this time?
3. When Dr. Mortimer arrives at the rooms, what is revealed that annoys Holmes?
4. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
5. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)