|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(b) An elderly, country doctor.
(c) A young, city doctor.
(d) A middle-aged scientist.
2. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the hotel, what does Sir Henry claim to have lost this time?
(a) A pipe.
(b) An overcoat.
(c) A black hat.
(d) A black boot.
3. Who does Dr. Mortimer say has a beard like the man that was following them?
(a) Barrymore, Sir Charles's butler.
(b) Frankland, one of the Baskerville neighbors.
(c) Barrymore's brother.
(d) Anthony, Sir Charles's groom.
4. What about the incident makes Dr. Mortimer most uneasy?
(a) He believes it may be supernatural in nature.
(b) He believes the hound is haunting him.
(c) He believes he may be next.
(d) He believes the servants set up Sir Charles's murder.
5. What name did the bearded man who followed Sir Henry give the cabman?
(a) Sir Henry Baskerville.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) Dr. John Watson.
(d) Professor James Moriarty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does chapter one take place?
2. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
3. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
4. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
5. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)