|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
(a) A middle-aged scientist.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) A young, city doctor.
(d) An elderly, country doctor.
2. Where does chapter one take place?
3. How did the man found on the moor die?
(a) He was chased off a cliff.
(b) He was trampled by a Devonshire pony.
(c) He sank into the Grimpen Mire.
(d) He was shot.
4. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
(a) The splatters showed that the ink bottle was running dry, common for hotels but not for personal use.
(b) He recognized the ink.
(c) The handwriting is too neat to not belong to a hotel clerk.
(d) The handwriting is messy, meaning someone uneducated wrote it.
5. What does Stapleton reveal that shocks Watson?
(a) He was with Sir Charles the night he died.
(b) He knew Sir Henry from school.
(c) He is planning on moving into Baskerville Hall.
(d) Stapleton knows that Sherlock Holmes is looking into the death of Sir Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his correspondence with Holmes, what happens the previous night that rouses Watson's suspicion?
2. Because of the convict and out of concern for the Stapletons, what did Sir Henry offer to them, which Stapleton turned down?
3. To whom does this statement apply: "Evil indeed is the man who has not one woman to mourn him" ?
4. What is Watson's impression of Miss Stapleton?
5. What does Watson witness when he follows Sir Henry?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)