|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possible motive for Barrymore's strange behavior does Watson surmise?
(a) Watson wonders if Barrymore is cheating on his wife.
(b) Watson wonders if Barrymore is attempting to rob Sir Henry.
(c) Watson wonders if Barrymore is trying to find the hound himself.
(d) Watson wonders if Barrymore is trying to distract him.
2. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
(a) A bank note.
(b) A telegram from Canada.
(c) A walking stick.
(d) A letter.
3. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(b) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
(c) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
(d) Hugo marries the girl.
4. On the moor, what does Watson find himself unable to do?
(a) Leave a hurt animal behind.
(b) Reassure Sir Henry that the hound is not real.
(c) Shoot the unarmed convict.
(d) Go further into the Grimpen Mire.
5. What do Sir Henry and Watson do to entrap Barrymore?
(a) They ask Mrs. Barrymore what her husband's habits are at night.
(b) They have Dr. Mortimer follow Barrymore around for a day.
(c) They trick Barrymore into coming outside with them at night.
(d) They stay up all night until they hear him come to the window with a candle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Watson hear coming from the moor?
2. Who does Dr. Mortimer say has a beard like the man that was following them?
3. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
4. How does Holmes spend his time before meeting with Sir Henry in the afternoon following their first meeting?
5. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)