|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
(a) A manuscript.
(b) A walking stick.
(c) A will.
(d) A bone.
2. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
3. What does Stapleton do when he visits Baskerville Hall after Watson has followed Sir Henry?
(a) Stapleton strikes Sir Henry for talking to his sister.
(b) Stapleton tries to hire the Barrymores away from Sir Henry.
(c) Stapleton apologizes for his rudeness to Sir Henry in regards to his sister.
(d) Stapleton attempts to pay Sir Henry to leave for London.
4. What is the Baskerville curse?
(a) The hound will avenge the death of any Baskerville.
(b) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(c) Any descendent of the Baskervilles is to never cross the moor at night, though several have died violently.
(d) The Baskervilles are cursed to turn into hounds if they become like Hugo.
5. What does Watson witness when he follows Sir Henry?
(a) Watson sees a pony sink into the Grimpen Mire.
(b) Watson sees an encounter between Sir Henry and Miss Stapleton, which is interrupted by Stapleton.
(c) Watson sees Frankland watching them on his telescope.
(d) Watson sees Sir Henry being stalked by the hound.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes trick the hotel clerk into talking about guests who have checked in after Sir Henry?
2. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
3. What do Watson and Stapleton see at the bog-hole?
4. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
5. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)