|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impression does Watson have of Baskerville Hall in the morning in Chapter 7?
(a) He finds it to be singularly unattractive.
(b) He finds it much lighter and more cheerful.
(c) He finds it to be just as gloomy as the night before.
(d) He finds that he does not care for it very much.
2. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
(a) A telegram from Canada.
(b) A walking stick.
(c) A bank note.
(d) A letter.
3. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
(a) The date was on one of the words.
(b) The font.
(c) He found the cut-up newspaper.
(d) The color of the newsprint.
4. What does Mrs. Barrymore confess?
(a) She is cheating on her husband.
(b) They inadvertently led Sir Charles to his death.
(c) Her husband is cheating on her.
(d) The escaped convict is her brother.
5. When questioned by Sir Henry about the strange sound in the night, what lie does Barrymore tell?
(a) He lies about his wife crying the night before.
(b) He lies about having been wandering the halls the night before.
(c) He lies about where he was the night Sir Charles died.
(d) He lies about whether he has heard the hound or not.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
2. What possible motive for Barrymore's strange behavior does Watson surmise?
3. What does Stapleton do when he visits Baskerville Hall after Watson has followed Sir Henry?
4. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
5. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)