|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
(a) He wished to disprove rumors of the Baskerville hound.
(b) He made a fortune in South Africa and wished to renovate his ancestral home.
(c) He was going to have the hall destroyed.
(d) He wished to marry and start a family.
2. How does Holmes trick the hotel clerk into talking about guests who have checked in after Sir Henry?
(a) Holmes makes the clerk think he is asking about Sir Henry's relatives.
(b) Holmes asks about Sir Henry.
(c) Holmes claims to recognize the names and was wondering if they were friends of his.
(d) Holmes distracts him while Watson looks at the registry.
3. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
(a) Hugo Baskerville.
(b) Henry Baskerville.
(c) Charles Baskerville.
(d) Hank Baskerville.
4. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) He marks the letter to be returned to the sender.
(b) He asks the postman.
(c) He suggests Sir Henry reply to it.
(d) He suggests they check all the trashcans for the cut-up newspaper near Charing Cross.
5. What does Sir Henry do when Barrymore refuses to answer his questions?
(a) He threatens to tell everyone Barrymore is the murderer.
(b) He cuts Barrymore's pay.
(c) He strikes Barrymore.
(d) He fires Barrymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Watson's impression of Miss Stapleton?
2. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
3. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
4. What does Miss Stapleton tell Watson when she first meets him on the moor?
5. While returning to Baskerville Hall after trying to find Selden, what does Watson observe on one of the tors?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)