|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
(b) Holmes advises him to return home.
(c) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
2. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) He marks the letter to be returned to the sender.
(b) He suggests they check all the trashcans for the cut-up newspaper near Charing Cross.
(c) He suggests Sir Henry reply to it.
(d) He asks the postman.
3. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
(a) A manuscript.
(b) A walking stick.
(c) A bone.
(d) A will.
4. What do Sir Henry and Watson do to entrap Barrymore?
(a) They have Dr. Mortimer follow Barrymore around for a day.
(b) They trick Barrymore into coming outside with them at night.
(c) They ask Mrs. Barrymore what her husband's habits are at night.
(d) They stay up all night until they hear him come to the window with a candle.
5. What possible motive for Barrymore's strange behavior does Watson surmise?
(a) Watson wonders if Barrymore is cheating on his wife.
(b) Watson wonders if Barrymore is attempting to rob Sir Henry.
(c) Watson wonders if Barrymore is trying to find the hound himself.
(d) Watson wonders if Barrymore is trying to distract him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
2. Where did Sir Charles die?
3. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
4. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
5. When questioned by Sir Henry about the strange sound in the night, what lie does Barrymore tell?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)