|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
(b) The footprints of a giant hound.
(c) A dog.
(d) A gun.
2. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
(b) Hugo marries the girl.
(c) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
(d) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
3. What does Watson witness when he follows Sir Henry?
(a) Watson sees a pony sink into the Grimpen Mire.
(b) Watson sees Frankland watching them on his telescope.
(c) Watson sees an encounter between Sir Henry and Miss Stapleton, which is interrupted by Stapleton.
(d) Watson sees Sir Henry being stalked by the hound.
4. What possibility does Holmes rule out when he discovers that Henry does not have a will?
(a) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs could not be the culprit.
(b) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs is the culprit.
(c) Holmes realizes that Sir Henry may be the murderer.
(d) Holmes decides that there is no murderer.
5. What does Mrs. Barrymore confess?
(a) They inadvertently led Sir Charles to his death.
(b) The escaped convict is her brother.
(c) She is cheating on her husband.
(d) Her husband is cheating on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
2. What does Watson hear coming from the moor?
3. What do Watson and Stapleton see at the bog-hole?
4. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
5. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)