|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stapleton's profession?
(a) A naturalist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A barrister.
(d) A professor.
2. Where did Sir Charles die?
(a) The entrance to his bedroom.
(b) Fox Tor.
(c) The entrance of the yew alley.
(d) Grimpen Mire.
3. What does Miss Stapleton tell Watson when she first meets him on the moor?
(a) She tells him she knows who killed Sir Charles.
(b) She tells him she is going to kill herself in three nights.
(c) She tells him to return to London.
(d) She tells him she knows Sherlock Holmes is around.
4. How did the cabman describe the bearded man?
(a) Around sixty and gray.
(b) Around forty, pale, and of average height.
(c) Around thirty, dark complected, and tall.
(d) Around forty and of military bearing.
5. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
(a) Holmes knows now that Sir Henry is being followed in London.
(b) Holmes realizes that Baskerville Hall is not dangerous.
(c) Sir Henry announces that he plans to tear down Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes realizes Sir Henry will not get any work done in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
2. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
3. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
4. What possible motive for Barrymore's strange behavior does Watson surmise?
5. Though he is described as godless, what in particular made Hugo notorious?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)