|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
(a) Holmes realizes Sir Henry will not get any work done in London.
(b) Holmes realizes that Baskerville Hall is not dangerous.
(c) Sir Henry announces that he plans to tear down Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes knows now that Sir Henry is being followed in London.
2. What does the postmaster inadvertently reveal to Watson?
(a) The telegram was delivered to Mrs. Barrymore, not her husband.
(b) One of the neighbors has been reading Sir Charles's mail.
(c) Sir Charles had a mysterious package delivered to him the day before his death.
(d) Sir Henry has a package of mail waiting for him.
3. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
(a) The footprints of a giant hound.
(b) A dog.
(c) A gun.
4. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
(a) The previous day's Devonshire Times.
(b) The current Devonshire Times.
(c) The previous day's London Times.
(d) The current London TImes.
5. What is Stapleton's profession?
(a) A professor.
(b) A barrister.
(c) A naturalist.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
2. Why does Sir Henry decide that they must go capture Selden?
3. What do Sir Henry and Watson do to entrap Barrymore?
4. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
5. In lieu of persuading Sir Henry to avoid Baskerville Hall, what does Holmes suggest?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)