|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possible motive for Barrymore's strange behavior does Watson surmise?
(a) Watson wonders if Barrymore is attempting to rob Sir Henry.
(b) Watson wonders if Barrymore is cheating on his wife.
(c) Watson wonders if Barrymore is trying to distract him.
(d) Watson wonders if Barrymore is trying to find the hound himself.
2. What name did the bearded man who followed Sir Henry give the cabman?
(a) Dr. John Watson.
(b) Professor James Moriarty.
(c) Sir Henry Baskerville.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
3. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
(a) The handwriting is messy, meaning someone uneducated wrote it.
(b) He recognized the ink.
(c) The splatters showed that the ink bottle was running dry, common for hotels but not for personal use.
(d) The handwriting is too neat to not belong to a hotel clerk.
4. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
(a) Hugo Baskerville.
(b) Henry Baskerville.
(c) Hank Baskerville.
(d) Charles Baskerville.
5. How does Holmes spend his time before meeting with Sir Henry in the afternoon following their first meeting?
(a) In an art gallery.
(b) At the theater.
(c) Playing violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
2. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
3. What does Miss Stapleton tell Watson when she first meets him on the moor?
4. Why does Sir Henry decide that they must go capture Selden?
5. With whom does Miss Stapleton confuse Watson?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)