|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When questioned by Sir Henry about the strange sound in the night, what lie does Barrymore tell?
(a) He lies about whether he has heard the hound or not.
(b) He lies about where he was the night Sir Charles died.
(c) He lies about his wife crying the night before.
(d) He lies about having been wandering the halls the night before.
2. Where did Sir Charles die?
(a) The entrance to his bedroom.
(b) The entrance of the yew alley.
(c) Grimpen Mire.
(d) Fox Tor.
3. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
4. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
(a) A will.
(b) A bone.
(c) A manuscript.
(d) A walking stick.
5. What possibility does Holmes rule out when he discovers that Henry does not have a will?
(a) Holmes realizes that Sir Henry may be the murderer.
(b) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs could not be the culprit.
(c) Holmes decides that there is no murderer.
(d) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs is the culprit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Watson's impression of Miss Stapleton?
2. What does Watson hear coming from the moor?
3. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
4. What does Miss Stapleton tell Watson when she first meets him on the moor?
5. How does Holmes trick the hotel clerk into talking about guests who have checked in after Sir Henry?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)