|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
(a) Holmes asks the neighbors if they have seen Barrymore.
(b) Holmes sends a package to Baskerville Hall.
(c) Holmes has a friend watch Baskerville Hall.
(d) He sends a telegram for him to Baskerville Hall that requires an immediate response.
2. Why did Sir Charles return to Baskerville Hall?
(a) He made a fortune in South Africa and wished to renovate his ancestral home.
(b) He wished to marry and start a family.
(c) He was going to have the hall destroyed.
(d) He wished to disprove rumors of the Baskerville hound.
3. What do Watson and Stapleton see at the bog-hole?
(a) A pony is slowly sinking into the mire.
(b) A hound.
(c) A boot.
(d) A skeleton.
4. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
(a) Several hundreds of pounds.
(b) Nearly a million pounds.
(c) Nearly half a million pounds.
(d) Over two million pounds.
5. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
(a) A letter.
(b) A bank note.
(c) A telegram from Canada.
(d) A walking stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
2. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
3. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
4. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
5. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)