|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was found near Sir Charles's body?
(b) The footprints of a giant hound.
(c) A gun.
(d) A dog.
2. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
(a) Maps of Devonshire.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) Sir Charles's last will and testament.
(d) The legend of the Baskerville hound.
3. Who does Dr. Mortimer say has a beard like the man that was following them?
(a) Barrymore, Sir Charles's butler.
(b) Barrymore's brother.
(c) Anthony, Sir Charles's groom.
(d) Frankland, one of the Baskerville neighbors.
4. What does Watson hear coming from the moor?
(a) A mysterious, sad moan.
(c) The baying of a hound.
(d) Someone screaming.
5. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
2. What is the deal Stapleton strikes with Sir Henry?
3. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
4. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
5. What do Sir Henry and Watson do to entrap Barrymore?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)