|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Mortimer read out loud to Watson and Holmes?
(a) The legend of the Baskerville hound.
(b) Sir Charles's last will and testament.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) Maps of Devonshire.
2. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
(a) He had diabetes.
(b) He had a heart condition.
(c) He had cancer.
(d) He had the gout.
3. What does Watson hear coming from the moor?
(a) The baying of a hound.
(b) Someone screaming.
(d) A mysterious, sad moan.
4. What does Mrs. Barrymore confess?
(a) They inadvertently led Sir Charles to his death.
(b) She is cheating on her husband.
(c) Her husband is cheating on her.
(d) The escaped convict is her brother.
5. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
(a) A man with a possibly fake beard.
(b) A street urchin.
(c) A woman dressed up as a man.
(d) A man dressed up as a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
2. What impression does Watson have of Baskerville Hall in the morning in Chapter 7?
3. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
4. How does Holmes spend his time before meeting with Sir Henry in the afternoon following their first meeting?
5. What does the first telegram to Holmes reveal?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)