|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did the bearded man who followed Sir Henry give the cabman?
(a) Dr. John Watson.
(b) Professor James Moriarty.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) Sir Henry Baskerville.
2. What possibility does Holmes rule out when he discovers that Henry does not have a will?
(a) Holmes decides that there is no murderer.
(b) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs could not be the culprit.
(c) Holmes decides that one of Henry's heirs is the culprit.
(d) Holmes realizes that Sir Henry may be the murderer.
3. How does Hugo's captive escape?
(a) She bribed his servant.
(b) She sneaked out of his bedroom.
(c) She used the entrance to the yew alley.
(d) She crawled down the ivy-covered wall.
4. What is the result of Hugo's wild ride after the girl?
(a) Hugo is murdered by the girl's father.
(b) Hugo marries the girl.
(c) A hound will visit Baskerville Hall every full moon to take one of the men away.
(d) Hugo has his throat torn out by a large hound.
5. How much is Sir Henry going to inherit from Sir Charles?
(a) Over two million pounds.
(b) Nearly half a million pounds.
(c) Nearly a million pounds.
(d) Several hundreds of pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
2. What is Stapleton's profession?
3. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
4. When questioned by Sir Henry about the strange sound in the night, what lie does Barrymore tell?
5. Why does Sir Henry decide that they must go capture Selden?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)