|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
(a) A man with a possibly fake beard.
(b) A street urchin.
(c) A woman dressed up as a man.
(d) A man dressed up as a priest.
2. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
(a) Hugo kidnapped the daughter of a yeoman.
(b) Hugo killed the daughter of a yeoman.
(c) Hugo sent a man to die in Grimpen Mire.
(d) Hugo killed a gypsy's dog.
3. What does the first telegram to Holmes reveal?
(a) Barrymore does not appear to be at Baskerville Hall.
(b) Barrymore appears to have left the country.
(c) Barrymore appears to be in London.
(d) Barrymore appears to be at Baskerville Hall.
4. What does Sir Henry do when Barrymore refuses to answer his questions?
(a) He cuts Barrymore's pay.
(b) He threatens to tell everyone Barrymore is the murderer.
(c) He fires Barrymore.
(d) He strikes Barrymore.
5. What impression does Watson have of Baskerville Hall in the morning in Chapter 7?
(a) He finds it to be just as gloomy as the night before.
(b) He finds it to be singularly unattractive.
(c) He finds it much lighter and more cheerful.
(d) He finds that he does not care for it very much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Baskerville curse?
2. What health concern, exacerbated by the story of the hound, did Sir Charles possess?
3. What does Stapleton do when he visits Baskerville Hall after Watson has followed Sir Henry?
4. Who is the man that brought the curse upon the Baskervilles?
5. What does Watson deduce about the candle?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)