|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes check on Barrymore's location?
(a) He sends a telegram for him to Baskerville Hall that requires an immediate response.
(b) Holmes asks the neighbors if they have seen Barrymore.
(c) Holmes sends a package to Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes has a friend watch Baskerville Hall.
2. How does Holmes spend his time before meeting with Sir Henry in the afternoon following their first meeting?
(a) In an art gallery.
(b) Playing violin.
(c) At the theater.
3. Who does Dr. Mortimer say has a beard like the man that was following them?
(a) Anthony, Sir Charles's groom.
(b) Frankland, one of the Baskerville neighbors.
(c) Barrymore's brother.
(d) Barrymore, Sir Charles's butler.
4. What does Sir Henry do when Barrymore refuses to answer his questions?
(a) He strikes Barrymore.
(b) He threatens to tell everyone Barrymore is the murderer.
(c) He fires Barrymore.
(d) He cuts Barrymore's pay.
5. What is Stapleton's profession?
(a) A naturalist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A professor.
(d) A barrister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
2. What name did the bearded man who followed Sir Henry give the cabman?
3. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
4. What is the Baskerville curse?
5. What sets off the chain of events in the manuscript?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)