|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When questioned by Sir Henry about the strange sound in the night, what lie does Barrymore tell?
(a) He lies about having been wandering the halls the night before.
(b) He lies about whether he has heard the hound or not.
(c) He lies about his wife crying the night before.
(d) He lies about where he was the night Sir Charles died.
2. Why does Holmes change his mind about Sir Henry going to Baskerville Hall?
(a) Holmes realizes that Baskerville Hall is not dangerous.
(b) Holmes realizes Sir Henry will not get any work done in London.
(c) Holmes knows now that Sir Henry is being followed in London.
(d) Sir Henry announces that he plans to tear down Baskerville Hall.
3. Where did Sir Charles die?
(a) Grimpen Mire.
(b) The entrance to his bedroom.
(c) The entrance of the yew alley.
(d) Fox Tor.
4. What does Dr. Mortimer have on him that he wants Holmes to examine?
(a) A walking stick.
(b) A will.
(c) A bone.
(d) A manuscript.
5. On the moor, what does Watson find himself unable to do?
(a) Leave a hurt animal behind.
(b) Go further into the Grimpen Mire.
(c) Shoot the unarmed convict.
(d) Reassure Sir Henry that the hound is not real.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dangerous place on the moor has claimed the lives of several people and animals?
2. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
3. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the hotel, what does Sir Henry claim to have lost this time?
4. What impression does Watson have of Baskerville Hall in the morning in Chapter 7?
5. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)