|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is bringing Holmes supplies at the hut?
(b) Sir Henry.
2. After hearing a man scream on the moor, what do Watson and Holmes hear next?
(b) A carriage rattling behind them.
(c) The baying of the hound.
(d) A woman sobbing.
3. In his correspondence with Holmes, what happens the previous night that rouses Watson's suspicion?
(a) He sees Barrymore quickly packing his trunk.
(b) He sees Mrs. Barrymore burning a letter.
(c) He sees Barrymore sneak to a window and light a candle.
(d) He sees Mrs. Barrymore going outside by herself.
4. What has excited Dr. Mortimer?
(a) He found evidence of the hound.
(b) He found a prehistoric skull on an excavation.
(c) He found gold in the soil.
(d) He found where the convict is hiding.
5. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) He suggests they check all the trashcans for the cut-up newspaper near Charing Cross.
(b) He suggests Sir Henry reply to it.
(c) He marks the letter to be returned to the sender.
(d) He asks the postman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
2. After learning that Mrs. Barrymore answered the telegram for her husband, what does Watson observe about the lady?
3. How did Holmes know it was Watson in his hut?
4. Why is Watson glad to see Holmes after going to the stone hut?
5. Where does Stapleton take Sir Henry and Watson in Chapter 8?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)