|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has excited Dr. Mortimer?
(a) He found evidence of the hound.
(b) He found a prehistoric skull on an excavation.
(c) He found gold in the soil.
(d) He found where the convict is hiding.
2. How did the man found on the moor die?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He sank into the Grimpen Mire.
(c) He was trampled by a Devonshire pony.
(d) He was chased off a cliff.
3. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
(a) A walking stick.
(b) A telegram from Canada.
(c) A letter.
(d) A bank note.
4. According to Holmes and Watson's deductions, who must have sent the message of warning to Sir Henry in London?
(a) Miss Stapleton.
(b) Dr. Mortimer.
5. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
(a) The intelligence.
(b) The cruelty.
(c) The temper.
(d) The godlessness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
2. To what does Stapleton seem opposed?
3. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
4. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
5. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)