|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
2. In his correspondence with Holmes, what happens the previous night that rouses Watson's suspicion?
(a) He sees Mrs. Barrymore burning a letter.
(b) He sees Barrymore sneak to a window and light a candle.
(c) He sees Mrs. Barrymore going outside by herself.
(d) He sees Barrymore quickly packing his trunk.
3. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises him to return home.
(b) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
(c) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
4. Who approaches Watson and Holmes after the discovery of the body on the moor?
(b) Dr. Mortimer.
5. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
(a) The intelligence.
(b) The godlessness.
(c) The cruelty.
(d) The temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the man found on the moor die?
2. Why did Holmes lie about being in London to Watson?
3. Who is the man that was killed on the moor?
4. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
5. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)