|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
(a) The cruelty.
(b) The temper.
(c) The intelligence.
(d) The godlessness.
2. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
(a) The date was on one of the words.
(b) The font.
(c) He found the cut-up newspaper.
(d) The color of the newsprint.
3. Because of the convict and out of concern for the Stapletons, what did Sir Henry offer to them, which Stapleton turned down?
(a) The company of Watson.
(b) The company of Barrymore.
(c) The company of Perkins, Sir Henry's groom.
(d) The company of Sir Henry.
4. In his correspondence with Holmes, what happens the previous night that rouses Watson's suspicion?
(a) He sees Barrymore sneak to a window and light a candle.
(b) He sees Barrymore quickly packing his trunk.
(c) He sees Mrs. Barrymore going outside by herself.
(d) He sees Mrs. Barrymore burning a letter.
5. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
(a) A man with a possibly fake beard.
(b) A man dressed up as a priest.
(c) A street urchin.
(d) A woman dressed up as a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Frankland's favorite pastime?
2. Who approaches Watson and Holmes after the discovery of the body on the moor?
3. According to Holmes and Watson's deductions, who must have sent the message of warning to Sir Henry in London?
4. Why is Watson upset at Holmes's deception?
5. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)