|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
(b) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
(c) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes advises him to return home.
2. After Watson tells Holmes about his conversation with Laura Lyons, what does Holmes reveal to his partner about Miss Stapleton?
(a) She is Frankland's daughter.
(b) She is the murderer.
(c) She is actually Stapleton's wife.
(d) She is actually Stapleton's daughter.
3. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
(a) A street urchin.
(b) A man dressed up as a priest.
(c) A woman dressed up as a man.
(d) A man with a possibly fake beard.
4. Who is the man that was killed on the moor?
(a) Dr. Mortimer.
5. How is Chapter 8 narrated?
(a) The narration is in the form of letters from Watson to Holmes.
(b) The narration is in the form of Watson's journal.
(c) The narration is in the form of letters between Watson and Dr. Mortimer.
(d) The narration is in the form of newspaper articles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
2. Who is bringing Holmes supplies at the hut?
3. According to the letter to Holmes, what is the status on the escaped convict?
4. How did Holmes know it was Watson in his hut?
5. Why is Watson glad to see Holmes after going to the stone hut?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)