|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Holmes know it was Watson in his hut?
(a) His cigarette stub.
(b) His footprints.
(c) He watched Watson all the way from Frankland's manor.
(d) He heard Watson mumbling to himself.
2. According to Holmes and Watson's deductions, who must have sent the message of warning to Sir Henry in London?
(a) Miss Stapleton.
(b) Dr. Mortimer.
3. Why is Watson glad to see Holmes after going to the stone hut?
(a) He is scared to walk back to Baskerville Hall alone.
(b) He believes he is being followed.
(c) He was worried for Holmes's safety.
(d) The case is beginning to overwhelm Watson.
4. According to the letter to Holmes, what is the status on the escaped convict?
(a) The convict has likely escaped the area.
(b) The convict will likely be caught soon.
(c) The convict will likely turn himself in to escape the inhospitable moor.
(d) The convict has probably died out on the moors.
5. By mid-October, what lady is beginning to preoccupy Sir Henry's thoughts, according to Watson?
(a) A yeoman's daughter.
(b) Laura Lyons.
(c) Miss Stapleton.
(d) Mrs. Barrymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
2. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
3. To what does Stapleton seem opposed?
4. What false theory does Watson give Stapleton about how the man died?
5. What has excited Dr. Mortimer?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)