|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
(b) Holmes advises him to return home.
(c) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
(d) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
2. Where does Stapleton take Sir Henry and Watson in Chapter 8?
(a) The place where the convict is believed to have been last seen.
(b) The Grimpen Mire.
(c) The area where, according to the story, Hugo Baskerville was killed.
(d) Hound's Tor.
3. Watson tells Sir Henry that the postmaster claims that the telegram was actually delivered to Mrs. Barrymore, and Barrymore himself was nowhere in sight. When Sir Henry questions his servant, what does Barrymore reveal to Sir Henry?
(a) Barrymore admits that he sent Sir Henry the warning letter.
(b) Barrymore admits that he has been walking the halls at night.
(c) Barrymore admits that his wife answered the telegram in his stead.
(d) Barrymore admits that he was the man in London.
4. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
(a) The splatters showed that the ink bottle was running dry, common for hotels but not for personal use.
(b) The handwriting is too neat to not belong to a hotel clerk.
(c) The handwriting is messy, meaning someone uneducated wrote it.
(d) He recognized the ink.
5. What does Holmes deduce about the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) The sender is trying to conceal his or her's education.
(b) The sender is uneducated and trying to sound educated.
(c) The sender is highly disturbed.
(d) The sender is not English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is bringing Holmes supplies at the hut?
2. How is Chapter 8 narrated?
3. According to the letter to Holmes, what is the status on the escaped convict?
4. In his correspondence with Holmes, what happens the previous night that rouses Watson's suspicion?
5. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)