|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the man found on the moor die?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He sank into the Grimpen Mire.
(c) He was trampled by a Devonshire pony.
(d) He was chased off a cliff.
2. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
(b) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
(c) Holmes advises him to return home.
(d) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
3. How is Chapter 8 narrated?
(a) The narration is in the form of letters between Watson and Dr. Mortimer.
(b) The narration is in the form of letters from Watson to Holmes.
(c) The narration is in the form of Watson's journal.
(d) The narration is in the form of newspaper articles.
4. Who approaches Watson and Holmes after the discovery of the body on the moor?
(a) Dr. Mortimer.
5. In his correspondence with Holmes, what happens the previous night that rouses Watson's suspicion?
(a) He sees Mrs. Barrymore burning a letter.
(b) He sees Barrymore sneak to a window and light a candle.
(c) He sees Mrs. Barrymore going outside by herself.
(d) He sees Barrymore quickly packing his trunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
2. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
3. Who is the man that was killed on the moor?
4. According to Holmes and Watson's deductions, who must have sent the message of warning to Sir Henry in London?
5. What has excited Dr. Mortimer?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)