|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is bringing Holmes supplies at the hut?
(d) Sir Henry.
2. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
(a) A woman dressed up as a man.
(b) A man dressed up as a priest.
(c) A man with a possibly fake beard.
(d) A street urchin.
3. According to Holmes and Watson's deductions, who must have sent the message of warning to Sir Henry in London?
(b) Dr. Mortimer.
(d) Miss Stapleton.
4. Why is Watson glad to see Holmes after going to the stone hut?
(a) He was worried for Holmes's safety.
(b) He believes he is being followed.
(c) He is scared to walk back to Baskerville Hall alone.
(d) The case is beginning to overwhelm Watson.
5. How did Holmes know it was Watson in his hut?
(a) He watched Watson all the way from Frankland's manor.
(b) His footprints.
(c) His cigarette stub.
(d) He heard Watson mumbling to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has excited Dr. Mortimer?
2. Watson tells Sir Henry that the postmaster claims that the telegram was actually delivered to Mrs. Barrymore, and Barrymore himself was nowhere in sight. When Sir Henry questions his servant, what does Barrymore reveal to Sir Henry?
3. To what does Stapleton seem opposed?
4. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
5. By mid-October, what lady is beginning to preoccupy Sir Henry's thoughts, according to Watson?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)