|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
(a) The cruelty.
(b) The intelligence.
(c) The godlessness.
(d) The temper.
2. What about the handwriting reveals to Holmes that the object originated at a hotel?
(a) The handwriting is too neat to not belong to a hotel clerk.
(b) The splatters showed that the ink bottle was running dry, common for hotels but not for personal use.
(c) He recognized the ink.
(d) The handwriting is messy, meaning someone uneducated wrote it.
3. How did Holmes know it was Watson in his hut?
(a) He heard Watson mumbling to himself.
(b) He watched Watson all the way from Frankland's manor.
(c) His footprints.
(d) His cigarette stub.
4. How is Chapter 8 narrated?
(a) The narration is in the form of newspaper articles.
(b) The narration is in the form of letters from Watson to Holmes.
(c) The narration is in the form of Watson's journal.
(d) The narration is in the form of letters between Watson and Dr. Mortimer.
5. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
(a) A street urchin.
(b) A man with a possibly fake beard.
(c) A woman dressed up as a man.
(d) A man dressed up as a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. After learning that Mrs. Barrymore answered the telegram for her husband, what does Watson observe about the lady?
2. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
3. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
4. Why is Watson glad to see Holmes after going to the stone hut?
5. Where does Stapleton take Sir Henry and Watson in Chapter 8?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)