|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) He suggests they check all the trashcans for the cut-up newspaper near Charing Cross.
(b) He asks the postman.
(c) He marks the letter to be returned to the sender.
(d) He suggests Sir Henry reply to it.
2. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
(a) The intelligence.
(b) The temper.
(c) The cruelty.
(d) The godlessness.
3. Why is Watson upset at Holmes's deception?
(a) Watson believes his careful reports to Holmes have been a waste of time.
(b) Watson believes Holmes was in grave danger.
(c) Watson believes that Holmes's deception allowed the villain to get away.
(d) Watson believes Sir Henry was put at a higher risk by Holmes's deception.
4. How did the man found on the moor die?
(a) He was trampled by a Devonshire pony.
(b) He sank into the Grimpen Mire.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He was chased off a cliff.
5. Who approaches Watson and Holmes after the discovery of the body on the moor?
(b) Dr. Mortimer.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Watson tells Holmes about his conversation with Laura Lyons, what does Holmes reveal to his partner about Miss Stapleton?
2. How does Mr. Frankland spend his time when at home?
3. What is Mr. Frankland's favorite pastime?
4. Why is Watson glad to see Holmes after going to the stone hut?
5. How is Chapter 8 narrated?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)