|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
(a) He marks the letter to be returned to the sender.
(b) He suggests Sir Henry reply to it.
(c) He asks the postman.
(d) He suggests they check all the trashcans for the cut-up newspaper near Charing Cross.
2. According to the letter to Holmes, what is the status on the escaped convict?
(a) The convict will likely be caught soon.
(b) The convict has likely escaped the area.
(c) The convict has probably died out on the moors.
(d) The convict will likely turn himself in to escape the inhospitable moor.
3. After Watson tells Holmes about his conversation with Laura Lyons, what does Holmes reveal to his partner about Miss Stapleton?
(a) She is the murderer.
(b) She is actually Stapleton's daughter.
(c) She is Frankland's daughter.
(d) She is actually Stapleton's wife.
4. What did Sir Henry discover was missing before he left to see Holmes with Dr. Mortimer?
(a) An old boot.
(b) An old suitcoat.
(c) A brown boot.
(d) A brown hat.
5. Because of the convict and out of concern for the Stapletons, what did Sir Henry offer to them, which Stapleton turned down?
(a) The company of Watson.
(b) The company of Perkins, Sir Henry's groom.
(c) The company of Sir Henry.
(d) The company of Barrymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Holmes lie about being in London to Watson?
2. Who approaches Watson and Holmes after the discovery of the body on the moor?
3. According to Holmes and Watson's deductions, who must have sent the message of warning to Sir Henry in London?
4. Who is the man that was killed on the moor?
5. How did the man found on the moor die?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)