|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is following Sir Henry and Dr. Mortimer when they leave Holmes and Watson's rooms?
(a) A street urchin.
(b) A man with a possibly fake beard.
(c) A woman dressed up as a man.
(d) A man dressed up as a priest.
2. After learning that Mrs. Barrymore answered the telegram for her husband, what does Watson observe about the lady?
(a) She appears to not have a care in the world.
(b) She appears to be very ill.
(c) She appears to be in a deep sorrow of mysterious origin.
(d) She appears to be very frightened at the story of the hound.
3. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
4. How does Mr. Frankland spend his time when at home?
(a) He uses his telescope to look at the moor, ostensibly for the convict.
(b) He spends time with his daughter, who is a painter.
(c) He is writing a history of Devonshire.
(d) He spends time restoring his home.
5. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
(a) A letter.
(b) A bank note.
(c) A telegram from Canada.
(d) A walking stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Frankland's favorite pastime?
2. Who is the man that was killed on the moor?
3. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
4. How did the man found on the moor die?
5. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)