|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Henry receive the morning he meets Holmes?
(a) A letter.
(b) A bank note.
(c) A telegram from Canada.
(d) A walking stick.
2. In his correspondence with Holmes, what happens the previous night that rouses Watson's suspicion?
(a) He sees Mrs. Barrymore burning a letter.
(b) He sees Barrymore quickly packing his trunk.
(c) He sees Barrymore sneak to a window and light a candle.
(d) He sees Mrs. Barrymore going outside by herself.
3. According to Holmes and Watson's deductions, who must have sent the message of warning to Sir Henry in London?
(c) Miss Stapleton.
(d) Dr. Mortimer.
4. What false theory does Watson give Stapleton about how the man died?
(a) Watson says the man intentionally jumped in the Grimpen Mire.
(b) Watson says that the man shot himself.
(c) Watson says that the man probably snapped from anxiety and exposure to the elements and ran off the cliff.
(d) Watson says the man likely fell days earlier and died from exposure.
5. After meeting Sir Henry for the first time, what is Holmes's initial advice to him?
(a) Holmes advises him to return home.
(b) Holmes advises Sir Henry not to be afraid.
(c) Holmes advises him to stay with Watson in their rooms.
(d) Holmes advises him to not go to Baskerville Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approaches Watson and Holmes after the discovery of the body on the moor?
2. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
3. How does Holmes propose to find the sender of Sir Henry's object?
4. Where does Stapleton take Sir Henry and Watson in Chapter 8?
5. To what does Stapleton seem opposed?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)