|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By mid-October, what lady is beginning to preoccupy Sir Henry's thoughts, according to Watson?
(a) A yeoman's daughter.
(b) Mrs. Barrymore.
(c) Miss Stapleton.
(d) Laura Lyons.
2. What does Watson observe that Sir Henry has inherited from his ancestors?
(a) The cruelty.
(b) The temper.
(c) The intelligence.
(d) The godlessness.
3. Where does Stapleton take Sir Henry and Watson in Chapter 8?
(a) The area where, according to the story, Hugo Baskerville was killed.
(b) The place where the convict is believed to have been last seen.
(c) The Grimpen Mire.
(d) Hound's Tor.
4. What is Mr. Frankland's favorite pastime?
(c) Charity work.
5. After learning that Mrs. Barrymore answered the telegram for her husband, what does Watson observe about the lady?
(a) She appears to not have a care in the world.
(b) She appears to be very ill.
(c) She appears to be in a deep sorrow of mysterious origin.
(d) She appears to be very frightened at the story of the hound.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Holmes able to tell what newspaper the words came from?
2. How does Holmes go about his search for the cut-up newspaper?
3. What word is the only one not taken from a newspaper with Sir Henry's object?
4. What false theory does Watson give Stapleton about how the man died?
5. What newspaper does Holmes find the original newsprint from?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)