1. What is the address of the rooms that Watson and Holmes share?
(a) 221 B Baker Street.
(b) 221 South London Street.
(c) 221 B Butcher Avenue.
(d) 112 A Devonshire Boulevard.
2. Where does chapter one take place?
3. What is the object left behind on which Watson tries to deduce a reconstruction of the mysterious owner?
(a) A boot.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A hat.
(d) A walking stick.
4. According to Watson, who is the owner of the stick?
(a) A young, city doctor.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) An elderly, country doctor.
(d) A middle-aged scientist.
5. What does C.C.H (engraved on the stick) stand for?
(a) Christian Care Hospital.
(b) Christian Cross Hospital.
(c) Charing Cross Hospital.
(d) Charing Court Hospital.
6. According to Holmes, who is actually the owner of the stick?
(a) An older, incompetent doctor.
(b) An older, caring doctor.
(c) A young, unambitious doctor.
(d) A young, ambitious doctor.
7. How does Holmes describe the walking stick?
(a) A present.
(b) A visiting card from the absent-minded.
(c) A rude gesture.
(d) The mark of a careless, untrustworthy man.
This section contains 6,532 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)