|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Shasta Falls in with the Narnians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bree's assessment of Shasta as a rider?
(a) He says Shasta is a natural horseman.
(b) He says Shasta is almost as good as the Tarkaan.
(c) He asks Shasta to stop gripping so hard with his knees.
(d) He compares Shasta to a potato sack.
2. Where is Tashbaan located?
(a) On an island in a broad river
(b) At the crossroads of two long roads
(c) On a broad plain of yellow grass
(d) In a valley surrounded by hills
3. Why does King Edmund scold Shasta?
(a) For ruining his clothes and shoes
(b) For fighting with others in the street
(c) For keeping silent and hanging his head
(d) For smelling like he's slept in a stable
4. What is the most likely meaning for the phrase "the sun appeared dark in her eyes?"
(a) She was unhappy.
(b) She was very tired.
(c) She wanted to go inside.
(d) She was going blind.
5. How did Bree end up as a warhorse?
(a) He was bought by the stranger in the south.
(b) He was stolen from Narnia as a colt.
(c) He was raised in the Tisroc's stables from birth.
(d) He decided to seek his fortune as war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Tarkaan?
2. What did Aravis tell her father she wanted to do?
3. What is the signal for the gates to open?
4. What, according to Aravis, happened to the slave girl she drugged?
5. Why does Hwin think that Aravis would be happy in Narnia?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)