|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Fight at Anvard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shasta hear behind him when he reaches the crossroads?
(a) The horns of King Lune's party
(b) The sound of a wild animal
(c) Someone breathing very loudly
(d) Prince Rabadash's army
2. What pace does Bree suggest for their journey?
(a) Slow and steady, that's the trick
(b) Gallop for a night and a day
(c) As fast as the wind can blow
(d) Brisk trots and short walks
3. Why couldn't Shasta walk across the desert?
(a) He sprained his ankle while waiting for the others.
(b) He was busy looking for signs of the valley.
(c) He had no shoes to protect his feet from the heat.
(d) He cut his foot on a rock during the night.
4. What is Shasta told to do?
(a) Wait in the garden
(b) Sit down and eat some food
(c) Keep running straight ahead
(d) Clean out the goat pen
5. What does the Tisroc command the Grand Vizier to do?
(a) Forget that they ever heard about the Prince's plan.
(b) Send a spy with the Prince to make sure the plan fails.
(c) Follow the Prince and help him to prepare the troops.
(d) Find a way for Prince Rabadash's army to cross the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aravis sent a letter to her father. Who supposedly wrote it?
2. Why are the eagles circling overhead?
3. What was Aravis's first reaction to her family's plans?
4. How did Bree end up as a warhorse?
5. How does the Prince react to the Grand Vizier's advice?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)