|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Across the Desert.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes up with the escape plan?
(a) Mr. Tumnus
(b) King Edmund
(d) Queen Susan
2. What landmark did Shasta use to guide them through the desert?
(a) A tall, jagged butte
(b) A double mountain peak
(c) A saddleback mountain
(d) The plume from a volcano
3. What is King Edmund worried about?
(a) That war will break out between Calormen and Narnia
(b) That Prince Rabadash will take them all prisoner
(c) That the party on their boat will be a disaster
(d) That Queen Susan will be unhappy if she stays unmarried
4. What didn't Shasta learn about riding from Bree
(a) How to mount a horse
(b) How to grip with his knees
(c) How to trot, canter, and gallop
(d) How to use the reins
5. What did Shasta know about traveling across the desert?
(a) That the best route goes northwest, rather than north
(b) That there's an oasis they can stop at, halfway across
(c) That they could avoid Prince Rabadash by traveling west
(d) That it would take three whole days to cross the desert
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bree know that the mysterious horse following them was a fine blood mare?
2. How does Shasta feel about traveling with the two strangers?
3. What disguise does Aravis wear in the Tisroc's palace?
4. Who is riding the other horse?
5. What causes the horses to gallop side-by-side?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)