|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Across the Desert.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aravis have to wait until the next night to leave the city?
(a) Because the horses need to rest for a night
(b) Because Lasaraleen is going to a banquet tonight
(c) Because her father isn't leaving until tomorrow
(d) Because she doesn't have anything to wear yet
2. How does Lasaraleen react to Aravis's situation?
(a) She think that Aravis is smart to run away.
(b) She wants to reconcile Aravis and her father.
(c) She is afraid that Aravis will be killed.
(d) She treats the situation like a joke.
3. Where do Aravis and Lasaraleen hide?
(a) Behind a curtain in the Tisroc's bedroom
(b) Under a bush in the Tisroc's garden
(c) Under a table in a dininig room
(d) Behind a sofa in an empty room
4. What landmark did Shasta use to guide them through the desert?
(a) A saddleback mountain
(b) A tall, jagged butte
(c) The plume from a volcano
(d) A double mountain peak
5. What didn't Shasta learn about riding from Bree
(a) How to grip with his knees
(b) How to trot, canter, and gallop
(c) How to use the reins
(d) How to mount a horse
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prince Corin get angry at Shasta?
2. Who attends the council along with the Tisroc and Prince Rabadash?
3. How does Prince Corin return?
4. Who is really leading the companions through the city?
5. What does the narrator tell us about King Edmund and Queen Susan?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)