|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cotard's title?
2. How long do Hornblower's personal stores last?
(a) Half a year.
(b) A few days.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few weeks.
3. When does Hornblower think the fleet should attack Brest?
(b) Night time.
(d) Broad daylight.
4. Why is Hornblower so tense when the Loire is pursuing the Hotspur?
(a) All of these.
(b) His ship is half the size.
(c) He has less than half the cannon power.
(d) He does not know the political status.
5. How does Hornblower feel about the man who was too fearful to go with Cotard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Hotspur to win the race with the Loire?
2. Who suggests the ship-to-shore action at Brest?
3. Where does Hornblower say goodbye to his new bride?
4. How does Hornblower feel about what he is doing for the first time as he leaves England?
5. What must Hornblower survive on when his personal stores are gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cornwallis say about the treaty, and what does he plan to do in response to this?
2. How does Hornblower feel right before his wedding, and what does he do?
3. How does Hornblower feel about prize money, and how does he communicate this?
4. How does Bush feel when a French merchant vessel sails by, and why?
5. What does Hornblower have the Hotspur do after firing on the Loire?
6. How is Hornblower able to be attentive to his wife even though he is to sail away the next day?
7. Why is Hornblower unable to have fresh eggs, and why is this so frustrating to him?
8. What is Hornblower's plan to destroy the semaphore?
9. What does Hornblower do before opening his commands from Cornwallis?
10. Why does Hornblower not have much in his own personal stores on the ship?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)