|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the admiral want Hornblower to get information after his wedding?
2. How does the person Hornblower meets with after his wedding describe the Peace of Amiens?
3. What is Hornblower's wife's maiden name?
4. What is a semaphore?
(a) A large tower.
(b) A blockade.
(c) A gun.
(d) A French ship.
5. Who put some personal stores on board for Hornblower?
(a) Mrs. Mason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Pellew's ship?
2. What is the Hotspur responsible for after the multi-tiered system is in place?
3. What is inside the package with the orders sent by Hornblower?
4. Who mans the Hotspur during the attack on the semaphore?
5. Who calls on Hornblower shortly after his wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bush feel when a French merchant vessel sails by, and why?
2. What does Hornblower do during the ship-to-shore action?
3. What is the semaphore?
4. How is Hornblower able to be attentive to his wife even though he is to sail away the next day?
5. What does Cornwallis say about the treaty, and what does he plan to do in response to this?
6. What is found in the package sent by Cornwallis?
7. What does Hornblower need to make his plan to destroy the semaphore successful?
8. How does Hornblower feel right before his wedding, and what does he do?
9. What does Hornblower do before opening his commands from Cornwallis?
10. What is Hornblower called to do shortly after his wedding celebration begins?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)