|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22, 23, 24, and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cornwallis want Hornblower to intercept the fleet coming from South America?
(a) He wants his best leaders to take it on.
(b) He wants Hornblower to have a chance at prize money.
(c) He knows Hornblower can keep a secret.
(d) He wants Hornblower to have a safe mission for once.
2. What does Bush blame for Cargill's first and almost second failure?
(a) Lack of skill.
(b) Poorly shifted weight.
(c) Harsh conditions.
(d) Nervous demeanor.
3. Why will Hornblower have to leave the Hotspur at the end of the book?
(a) It is too damaged to repair.
(b) It has been given to another captain.
(c) It is not a post command vessel.
(d) He was issued a new frigate for himself.
4. How does Prowse feel during the chase by Loire?
5. What irritates Hornblower about his wife after their marriage?
(a) Her staunchness.
(b) Her traditional values.
(c) Her passiveness.
(d) Her tenderness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hornblower disguise the Hotspur as a French ship during the night attack?
2. How does the English fleet feel about the semaphore?
3. What is the Butcher's Bill?
4. Why is Hornblower unable to recognize the honor sent to him from the French ship?
5. What do the men on the ship have to man three out of four hours during the storms?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)