|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Hornblower seasick again?
(a) Being close to shore.
(b) A storm.
(c) Going back to open sea.
(d) Choppy waves.
2. For what are the changes in winter favorable?
(a) English communication.
(b) French escape.
(c) English combat.
(d) French offensive.
3. Why does Hornblower keep a distance from Brest Harbor?
(a) To avoid breaching the treaty.
(b) To not scare the French.
(c) To aid in their detection.
(d) To stay away from the reef.
4. How did Grimes die?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He fell from the crow's nest.
(c) He hung himself.
(d) He drowned.
5. Who is Hornblower most nervous about reading his experience at the semaphore?
(b) Mrs. Mason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower have to do after sleeping a few hours after destroying the semaphore?
2. What does Hornblower regret after getting his first dinner from Grimes's replacement?
3. How many ships of the lines are with the Hotspur's squadron?
4. What irritates Hornblower about his wife after their marriage?
5. What necessitated the multi-tiered system?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)