|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the person Hornblower meets with after his wedding describe the Peace of Amiens?
2. What was Hornblower's title when he first met Pellew?
3. Why do the French merchant ships stay close to the shore?
(a) So they don't get lost.
(b) So they are protected.
(c) So they can accrue more goods.
(d) So they can deliver their goods.
4. Why does Hornblower keep a distance from Brest Harbor?
(a) To not scare the French.
(b) To avoid breaching the treaty.
(c) To aid in their detection.
(d) To stay away from the reef.
5. Who calls on Hornblower shortly after his wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prowse feel during the chase by Loire?
2. What does Hornblower realize he is doing for the first time as he leaves England?
3. Where does Hornblower say goodbye to his new bride?
4. Hoe many cannons are on the Hotspur?
5. How does the English fleet feel about the semaphore?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)