|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Butcher's Bill?
(a) The list of damage to the ship.
(b) The list of prisoners.
(c) The list of needed provisions.
(d) The list of dead and wounded.
2. What ship captured the Clorinde?
(a) The Naiad.
(b) The Natural.
(c) The Navigator.
(d) The Newfoundland.
3. What is Napoleon's armada made up of?
(a) Very small boats.
(b) Captured Spanish frigates.
(c) Old slaving vessels.
(d) Overtaken French ships.
4. Why does Hornblower keep a distance from Brest Harbor?
(a) To avoid breaching the treaty.
(b) To not scare the French.
(c) To stay away from the reef.
(d) To aid in their detection.
5. Who points out the change in Hornblower on New Year's Eve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does arems en flute mean?
2. For what does Hornblower get mad at himself while talking with Prowse and Bush?
3. How does Hornblower want his role in destroying the semaphore to appear?
4. What American ship is anchored in the harbor with the Hotspur?
5. What kind of ship is the Grasshopper?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)