|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bush do after the wedding celebration?
(a) Gathers the seamen.
(b) All of these.
(c) Hires new crewmen.
(d) Readies the ship for sailing.
2. What is Hornblower's wife's maiden name?
3. Who put some personal stores on board for Hornblower?
(d) Mrs. Mason.
4. What kind of ship is the Loire?
(c) Man of war.
5. How does the English fleet feel about the semaphore?
(a) They are annoyed by it.
(b) They are amused by it.
(c) They are afraid of it.
(d) They are angered by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower have men count as they pass Brest Harbor?
2. What helps Cargill to be successful on his second attempt to complete an order from Hornblower?
3. What must Hornblower survive on when his personal stores are gone?
4. Who suggests the ship-to-shore action at Brest?
5. What is Cargill's position on board?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)