|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a semaphore?
(a) A blockade.
(b) A large tower.
(c) A French ship.
(d) A gun.
2. What happens to Hornblower when the ship hits open sea?
(a) He goes faint.
(b) He gets hit in the head by a wayward boom.
(c) He gets seasick.
(d) He has to attend to state business.
3. What kind of ship is the Loire?
(b) Man of war.
4. What does Bush blame for Cargill's first and almost second failure?
(a) Nervous demeanor.
(b) Lack of skill.
(c) Harsh conditions.
(d) Poorly shifted weight.
5. Where does Hornblower say goodbye to his new bride?
(a) The marriage hall.
(b) The docks.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Brest primarily accessed?
2. Why is Hornblower unable to recognize the honor sent to him from the French ship?
3. Who calls on Hornblower shortly after his wedding?
4. Who tells Hornblower that a single ship is ready?
5. What is inside the package with the orders sent by Hornblower?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)