|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has caused Hornblower to be away from sea for so long at the beginning of the book?
(a) His formal training.
(b) The end of the war.
(c) His lack of education.
(d) The Peace of Amiens.
2. What does Hornblower hear from Maria?
(a) She is very ill.
(b) She is leaving him.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is coming to visit.
3. What does Hornblower realize he is doing for the first time as he leaves England?
(a) Going on a secret mission.
(b) Commanding a vessel by himself.
(c) Sailing outside of a group.
(d) Going to sea at a time of peace.
4. How many ships of the lines are with the Hotspur's squadron?
5. What makes Hornblower seasick again?
(a) Going back to open sea.
(b) A storm.
(c) Being close to shore.
(d) Choppy waves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the English fleet feel about the semaphore?
2. How does Prowse feel during the chase by Loire?
3. How does Hornblower get his last glimpse of Maria before sailing away?
4. What gift does Hornblower get for his wife before he sets sail?
5. Hoe many cannons are on the Hotspur?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)