Chapters 1 and 2
1. What is Hornblower doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Meeting with the admiral.
(b) Cleaning his uniform.
(c) Being promoted.
(d) Getting married.
2. What is Hornblower's wife's name?
3. Who managed most of Hornblower's wedding?
4. What is Hornblower's wife's maiden name?
5. How does the formality of his wedding make Hornblower feel?
6. Who calls on Hornblower shortly after his wedding?
7. What kind of ship does Hornblower command at the beginning of this book?
(a) A man-of-war.
(b) A frigate.
(c) A gunship.
(d) A sloop.
8. What office does Hornblower hold at the beginning of this book?
9. How does the person Hornblower meets with after his wedding describe the Peace of Amiens?
10. Where does the admiral want Hornblower to get information after his wedding?
This section contains 3,847 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)