|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Talita say she is having tea in Chapter 47?
2. What is Chapter 32?
(a) An inner monologue from Ossip.
(b) A letter from Maga.
(c) A chapter form Morelli's new work.
(d) A newspaper article.
3. What does Morelli give Horacio to take to the writer's flat in Chapter 154?
(b) A stack of old books.
(c) Some pages.
(d) Cat food.
4. What is Feraguto about to purchase in Chapter 44?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A car.
(c) A hospital.
(d) Another circus.
5. What is revolutionary about the novel Morelli is writing in Chapter 154?
(a) It can be read in any order.
(b) It contains no characters.
(c) It is over 4,000 pages long.
(d) It is written in a made-up language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people do Horacio and Etienne watch while they wait to see Morelli in Chapter 155?
2. What do Talita and Traveler hear outside their window at the end of Chapter 45?
3. In Chapter 57, what does Horacio say he is confused about?
4. In Chapter 87, a number by what musician is discussed?
5. What is the name of the international organization that Ceferino Piriz wants to create?
Short Essay Questions
1. What cold comfort does Horacio offer La Maga in Chapter 108?
2. Who is Pola, and how does she know Horacio?
3. Why is the Morelli argument in Chapter 99 a relief to Horacio?
4. What task does Morelli give Horacio and Etienne in Chapter 154?
5. Describe Manolo and Talia Traveler's lives in Buenos Aires.
6. How does Horacio get arrested at the Ponts des Arts in Chapter 36?
7. Why are Etienne and Horacio shocked when they get to the old writers room in Chapter in 154?
8. How do Traveler and Horacio put Talita in a ridiculous position in Chapter 41?
9. How is the prose style of Chapter 34 unusual?
10. How is Traveler affected by Horacio in this section?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)