|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What final instructions does Cortazar give for the end of the book?
(a) Burn the book.
(b) Start again in reverse order.
(c) Start again from the beginning.
(d) Coninue reading the same two chapters.
2. Why does Horacio decide to move in with Gekrepten in Chapter 78?
(a) To have a companion.
(b) To make Gekrepten quit complaining.
(c) To be near the Travelers.
(d) To get free meals.
3. What type of circus attraction does Manolo Traveler manage?
(a) A tiger that dances.
(b) A dog that talks.
(c) A cat that counts.
(d) A spider that knits.
4. In Chapter 92, where do Pola and Horacio have their second tryst?
(a) A hotel in Bern.
(b) Pola's flat.
(c) Horacio's flat.
(d) A park.
5. What task is Horacio undertaking at the beginning of Chapter 41?
(a) Sanding the floor.
(c) Straightening nails.
(d) Washing shirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revolutionary about the novel Morelli is writing in Chapter 154?
2. In Chapter 56, what does Traveler say he is surprised Horacio has not done?
3. What is the topic of the letter in the Observer in Chapter 146?
4. Which of the following is not among Talita's preferred reading materials?
5. Which character gets trapped between two windows in Chapter 41?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Horacio's state of mind in this section?
2. How does the novel end?
3. What does Horacio do before coming to Buenos Aires?
4. Why are Etienne and Horacio shocked when they get to the old writers room in Chapter in 154?
5. Describe Manolo and Talia Traveler's lives in Buenos Aires.
6. What cold comfort does Horacio offer La Maga in Chapter 108?
7. What dream does Horacio have in Chapter 123, and what does Etienne take from it?
8. What eerie, somewhat mystical, harbinger comes to Pola in Chapter 64?
9. What task does Morelli give Horacio and Etienne in Chapter 154?
10. Professionally, what changes for Traveler, Horacio and Talita in this section?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)