|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Horacio decide to move in with Gekrepten in Chapter 78?
(a) To be near the Travelers.
(b) To make Gekrepten quit complaining.
(c) To have a companion.
(d) To get free meals.
2. Where does Horacio meet Pola for the first time in Chapter 76?
(a) At a cafe.
(b) At Berthe Trepat's recital.
(c) In a cathedral.
(d) At the Cimetaire Pere Lachaisse.
3. Who joins Horacio in visiting the old writer at Necker Hospital in Chapter 155?
(a) Etienne and Perico.
(b) Ossip and Ronald.
(c) Only Etienne.
(d) Etienne, Ossip, and Perico.
4. In Chapter 57, what does Horacio say he is confused about?
(a) Love and dependence.
(b) Maga and Pola.
(c) Dreams and waking.
(d) Right and wrong.
5. What is the name of the international organization that Ceferino Piriz wants to create?
(a) The League of Demcracies.
(b) The Society of Nations.
(c) The Allied Powers.
(d) The Peace Coalition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is interspersed with the lines of Maga's book in Chapter 34?
2. What does Morelli give Horacio to take to the writer's flat in Chapter 154?
3. Who is Emanuele?
4. What fear does Morelli express in Chapter 82?
5. What is revolutionary about the novel Morelli is writing in Chapter 154?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ronald and Etienne discuss in Chapter 142?
2. What indiscretion does Horacio commit in Chapter 54?
3. How does Horacio get arrested at the Ponts des Arts in Chapter 36?
4. What two meanings of the term hopscotch appear in the first book?
5. How is Traveler affected by Horacio in this section?
6. How does Traveler's codependency with Horacio manifest itself in this section?
7. Professionally, what changes for Traveler, Horacio and Talita in this section?
8. Describe the argument that Ossip and Horacio have in this section.
9. Who is Pola, and how does she know Horacio?
10. Why are Etienne and Horacio shocked when they get to the old writers room in Chapter in 154?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)