|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 50, what misapprehension do both Horacio and Remorino have about each other?
(a) They think the other is a madman.
(b) The think the other is flirting.
(c) They think the other is the boss.
(d) They think the other is American.
2. What is interspersed with the lines of Maga's book in Chapter 34?
(a) Horacio's thoughts.
(b) A series of notes made by Ossip.
(c) A poem she wrote.
(d) A second novel.
3. Who does Babs physically attack in Chapter 35?
4. What is La Maga doing in Paris, according to Chapter 35?
(a) Attending to the dying Pola.
(b) Confined in an asylum.
(c) Working as a prostitute.
(d) Living under a bridge.
5. What is Chapter 32?
(a) A chapter form Morelli's new work.
(b) A letter from Maga.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) An inner monologue from Ossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters attempt to analyze Maga in Chapter 142?
2. According to Morelli in Chapter 94, what is happening to his work?
3. What request do many of the inmates have as they sign their names in Chapter 51?
4. What country does Horacio go to before arriving in Argentina?
5. Where does Horacio meet Pola for the first time in Chapter 76?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dream does Horacio have in Chapter 123, and what does Etienne take from it?
2. Who is Pola, and how does she know Horacio?
3. Why is the Morelli argument in Chapter 99 a relief to Horacio?
4. Professionally, what changes for Traveler, Horacio and Talita in this section?
5. What is Horacio's state of mind in this section?
6. What is revealed in the tape recording of Chapter 47?
7. How does Horacio settle in Buenos Aires in this section?
8. What legal formality takes place in Chapter 51?
9. How does Horacio get arrested at the Ponts des Arts in Chapter 36?
10. What two meanings of the term hopscotch appear in the first book?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)