|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the hotel that Pola and Horacio go to in Chapter 92?
(a) It rents rooms by the hour.
(b) It is the same one he took Maga to.
(c) It is in the small town where Rocamadour lives.
(d) It is owned by her father.
2. What does Horacio do between Chapters 56 and 135?
(a) He gets in a fight with Traveler.
(b) He jumps from his window.
(c) He marries Gekrepten.
(d) He leaves Buenos Aires.
3. What sin does Ossip accuse Horacio of in Chapter 31?
4. In Chapter 37, what does traveler do when Cuca and Talita gossip in his apartment?
(a) Serve mate to them.
(b) Smoke with his friends.
(d) Listen from the bathroom.
5. What does Horacio spread on the ground to protect him from Traveler in Chapter 56?
(b) Ball bearings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character offers a rambling defense of Morelli's methods in Chapter 99?
2. In Chapter 98, what does Horacio realize that Maga never needed to do?
3. In Chapter 46, what does Traveler protest that he will never do to Horacio?
4. What is the only information about the Club's journey to Morelli's flat included in Chapter 113?
5. Who is Emanuele?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 56, how does Horacio protect himself after he kisses Talita?
2. How does Traveler's codependency with Horacio manifest itself in this section?
3. What cold comfort does Horacio offer La Maga in Chapter 108?
4. Describe Manolo and Talia Traveler's lives in Buenos Aires.
5. Why are Etienne and Horacio shocked when they get to the old writers room in Chapter in 154?
6. How do Traveler and Horacio put Talita in a ridiculous position in Chapter 41?
7. What two meanings of the term hopscotch appear in the first book?
8. What legal formality takes place in Chapter 51?
9. Describe Horacio's dream in Chapter 100.
10. How does Horacio get arrested at the Ponts des Arts in Chapter 36?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)