|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 57, what does Horacio say he is confused about?
(a) Love and dependence.
(b) Dreams and waking.
(c) Right and wrong.
(d) Maga and Pola.
2. Why does Emanuele decide to perform oral sex on Horacio in Chapter 36?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She wants to take revenge on her former lover.
(c) She is drunk.
(d) She decides that he looks too sad.
3. How do Horacio and Traveler pass long stretches of free time in the asylum in Chapter 52?
(a) They argue politics.
(b) They read.
(c) They play poker.
(d) They taunt the inmates.
4. The commentator in Chapter 147 says that what curtails human freedom?
(a) Social mores.
(b) Christian dialectics.
(c) Marriage laws.
5. Why does Etienne get angry at Babs in Chapter 96?
(a) She won't stop talking.
(b) She thinks Jarry is a genius.
(c) She cannot find Morelli's manuscript.
(d) She throws out a rotten egg.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 39, what does Horacio talk to Traveler about instead of Paris?
2. What does Morelli give Horacio to take to the writer's flat in Chapter 154?
3. What absurdist writer is quoted in Chapter 145?
4. What does Horacio do between Chapters 56 and 135?
5. Where is Horacio at the very end of the first book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Professionally, what changes for Traveler, Horacio and Talita in this section?
2. What task does Morelli give Horacio and Etienne in Chapter 154?
3. What legal formality takes place in Chapter 51?
4. How is the prose style of Chapter 34 unusual?
5. What indiscretion does Horacio commit in Chapter 54?
6. Who is Pola, and how does she know Horacio?
7. Describe Manolo and Talia Traveler's lives in Buenos Aires.
8. What is Horacio's state of mind in this section?
9. What dream does Horacio have in Chapter 123, and what does Etienne take from it?
10. What cold comfort does Horacio offer La Maga in Chapter 108?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)