|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character offers a rambling defense of Morelli's methods in Chapter 99?
2. What type of circus attraction does Manolo Traveler manage?
(a) A cat that counts.
(b) A tiger that dances.
(c) A spider that knits.
(d) A dog that talks.
3. In Chapter 57, what does Horacio say he is confused about?
(a) Love and dependence.
(b) Maga and Pola.
(c) Right and wrong.
(d) Dreams and waking.
4. Which two Serpent Club members appear incongruously in Chapter 102?
(a) Etienne and Maga.
(b) Perico and Guy Monod.
(c) Babs and Ossip.
(d) Ronald and Wong.
5. According to Ossip in Chapter 29, when did La Maga leave her flat and likely Paris?
(a) When Ossip proposed to her.
(b) After a month of looking for Horacio.
(c) After Rocamadour's wake.
(d) Immediately after Rocamadour died.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 37, what does traveler do when Cuca and Talita gossip in his apartment?
2. What does Horacio do between Chapters 56 and 135?
3. Which of the following is not a possibility for Maga's face that Ossip implies in Chapter 29?
4. Which of the following is not among Talita's preferred reading materials?
5. Which character gets trapped between two windows in Chapter 41?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Horacio settle in Buenos Aires in this section?
2. What cold comfort does Horacio offer La Maga in Chapter 108?
3. What dream does Horacio have in Chapter 123, and what does Etienne take from it?
4. What does Horacio do before coming to Buenos Aires?
5. What indiscretion does Horacio commit in Chapter 54?
6. How is the prose style of Chapter 34 unusual?
7. Describe the argument that Ossip and Horacio have in this section.
8. Describe Horacio's dream in Chapter 100.
9. How does the Serpent Club's final gathering end?
10. What task does Morelli give Horacio and Etienne in Chapter 154?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)