|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 78, Horacio becomes a salesman of what?
2. According to Ossip in Chapter 30, which member of the Club got belligerently drunk at Rocamadour's wake?
(b) Guy Monod.
3. Who does Horacio call to talk about his dream in Chapter 100?
(d) La Maga.
4. What literary convention does Morelli decry in Chapter 112?
(d) Past tense.
5. What nickname does Horacio give Pola in Chapter 92?
(a) Little Hands.
(b) Pola Paris.
(d) Poor Rich Girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the international organization that Ceferino Piriz wants to create?
2. What does Morelli give Horacio to take to the writer's flat in Chapter 154?
3. What country does Horacio go to before arriving in Argentina?
4. What absurdist writer is quoted in Chapter 145?
5. What task is Horacio undertaking at the beginning of Chapter 41?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Etienne and Horacio shocked when they get to the old writers room in Chapter in 154?
2. How does Traveler's codependency with Horacio manifest itself in this section?
3. What indiscretion does Horacio commit in Chapter 54?
4. What eerie, somewhat mystical, harbinger comes to Pola in Chapter 64?
5. What is Horacio's state of mind in this section?
6. What task does Morelli give Horacio and Etienne in Chapter 154?
7. What is revolutionary about Morelli's forthcoming book?
8. What do Ronald and Etienne discuss in Chapter 142?
9. How does Horacio get arrested at the Ponts des Arts in Chapter 36?
10. What two meanings of the term hopscotch appear in the first book?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)