|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against whom is the polemic of Chapter 89?
(a) The pope.
(b) Randolph Hearst.
(c) De Gaulle.
(d) The Eastern bloc.
2. In Chapter 92, where do Pola and Horacio have their second tryst?
(a) Pola's flat.
(b) A park.
(c) A hotel in Bern.
(d) Horacio's flat.
3. Who does Babs physically attack in Chapter 35?
4. What part of Pola does Horacio kiss in Chapter 64?
(a) Her foot.
(b) Her lips.
(c) Her hand.
(d) Her breast.
5. What is odd about the bread that Horacio cuts in his dream in Chapter 100?
(a) It screams.
(b) It floats away.
(c) It bleeds.
(d) It disappears.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 57, what does Horacio say he is confused about?
2. Which character gets trapped between two windows in Chapter 41?
3. In Chapter 78, what is Horacio convinced about the Travelers' marriage?
4. Who is the person that Horacio thinks is Maga when he sees her playing hopscotch in Chapter 54?
5. Which of the following is not a topic upon which Morelli expounds in Chapter 154?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Horacio get arrested at the Ponts des Arts in Chapter 36?
2. Who is Pola, and how does she know Horacio?
3. How does the novel end?
4. What do Ronald and Etienne discuss in Chapter 142?
5. What indiscretion does Horacio commit in Chapter 54?
6. In Chapter 56, how does Horacio protect himself after he kisses Talita?
7. What is revealed in the tape recording of Chapter 47?
8. How do Traveler and Horacio put Talita in a ridiculous position in Chapter 41?
9. What is Horacio's state of mind in this section?
10. Describe Manolo and Talia Traveler's lives in Buenos Aires.
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)