|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character gets trapped between two windows in Chapter 41?
2. Where does Horacio meet Pola for the first time in Chapter 76?
(a) At the Cimetaire Pere Lachaisse.
(b) In a cathedral.
(c) At a cafe.
(d) At Berthe Trepat's recital.
3. What country does Horacio go to before arriving in Argentina?
4. According to Ossip in Chapter 30, which member of the Club got belligerently drunk at Rocamadour's wake?
(b) Guy Monod.
5. In Chapter 80, to what does Horacio liken madness?
(a) A fever.
(b) A cancer.
(c) A love affair.
(d) A dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 57, what does Horacio say he is confused about?
2. In Chapter 39, what does Horacio talk to Traveler about instead of Paris?
3. What group of people do Horacio and Etienne watch while they wait to see Morelli in Chapter 155?
4. According to Gabio Basso in Chapter 148, the root of the word person originally meant what?
5. Why is Morelli excited to see Horacio in Chapter 154?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Horacio settle in Buenos Aires in this section?
2. How does Horacio get arrested at the Ponts des Arts in Chapter 36?
3. What two meanings of the term hopscotch appear in the first book?
4. What dream does Horacio have in Chapter 123, and what does Etienne take from it?
5. What does Horacio do before coming to Buenos Aires?
6. What is revealed in the tape recording of Chapter 47?
7. What task does Morelli give Horacio and Etienne in Chapter 154?
8. How is the prose style of Chapter 34 unusual?
9. How does the Serpent Club's final gathering end?
10. What eerie, somewhat mystical, harbinger comes to Pola in Chapter 64?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)