|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 122, what does Etienne suggest is at the heart of his recent vivid dreams?
(a) Professional frustration.
(b) Guilt over Maga.
(c) A need to move.
(d) Sexual dissatisfaction.
2. What two items does Horacio asks Traveler for in Chapter 41?
(a) Eggs and yerba.
(b) Nails and Cana.
(c) Cana and eggs.
(d) Yerba and nails.
3. Which of the following is not among Talita's preferred reading materials?
(a) Clothing catalogues.
(b) Medical journals.
(c) Blashemous articles.
(d) Language books.
4. Which character offers a rambling defense of Morelli's methods in Chapter 99?
5. In Chapter 80, to what does Horacio liken madness?
(a) A cancer.
(b) A fever.
(c) A dream.
(d) A love affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Horacio do between Chapters 56 and 135?
2. In Chapter 50, what misapprehension do both Horacio and Remorino have about each other?
3. Who does Horacio call to talk about his dream in Chapter 100?
4. According to Ossip in Chapter 30, which member of the Club got belligerently drunk at Rocamadour's wake?
5. What Eastern tradition is Morelli drawing from in Chapter 95?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ronald and Etienne discuss in Chapter 142?
2. What dream does Horacio have in Chapter 123, and what does Etienne take from it?
3. How does Horacio settle in Buenos Aires in this section?
4. What is Horacio's state of mind in this section?
5. How does Horacio get arrested at the Ponts des Arts in Chapter 36?
6. How do Traveler and Horacio put Talita in a ridiculous position in Chapter 41?
7. Who is Pola, and how does she know Horacio?
8. What is revealed in the tape recording of Chapter 47?
9. What does Horacio do before coming to Buenos Aires?
10. Describe Manolo and Talia Traveler's lives in Buenos Aires.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)