|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character offers a rambling defense of Morelli's methods in Chapter 99?
2. In Chapter 57, what does Horacio say he is confused about?
(a) Love and dependence.
(b) Right and wrong.
(c) Maga and Pola.
(d) Dreams and waking.
3. In Chapter 43, what does Talita reveal about Traveler's strained state of mind?
(a) He is talking to himself.
(b) He cannot sleep.
(c) He has started yelling at her.
(d) He is losing weight.
4. Who does Babs physically attack in Chapter 35?
5. What does Horacio do between Chapters 56 and 135?
(a) He marries Gekrepten.
(b) He jumps from his window.
(c) He gets in a fight with Traveler.
(d) He leaves Buenos Aires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Horacio thinking about in Chapter 48?
2. In Chapter 122, what does Etienne suggest is at the heart of his recent vivid dreams?
3. According to Ossip in Chapter 30, which member of the Club got belligerently drunk at Rocamadour's wake?
4. In Chapter 31, what is the only thing that Horacio says he wants?
5. What is revolutionary about the novel Morelli is writing in Chapter 154?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Serpent Club's final gathering end?
2. How is the prose style of Chapter 34 unusual?
3. What is revolutionary about Morelli's forthcoming book?
4. How does Horacio settle in Buenos Aires in this section?
5. What indiscretion does Horacio commit in Chapter 54?
6. What is revealed in the tape recording of Chapter 47?
7. Why are Etienne and Horacio shocked when they get to the old writers room in Chapter in 154?
8. How does Horacio get arrested at the Ponts des Arts in Chapter 36?
9. What task does Morelli give Horacio and Etienne in Chapter 154?
10. Describe Horacio's dream in Chapter 100.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)