|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Horacio decide to move in with Gekrepten in Chapter 78?
(a) To have a companion.
(b) To get free meals.
(c) To make Gekrepten quit complaining.
(d) To be near the Travelers.
2. In Chapter 78, what is Horacio convinced about the Travelers' marriage?
(a) It is unknowable to anyone on the outside.
(b) Its intimacy is a facade.
(c) It is dull and lifeless.
(d) It is a perfect union.
3. What is Chapter 32?
(a) A letter from Maga.
(b) A chapter form Morelli's new work.
(c) An inner monologue from Ossip.
(d) A newspaper article.
4. In Chapter 122, what does Etienne suggest is at the heart of his recent vivid dreams?
(a) Professional frustration.
(b) A need to move.
(c) Guilt over Maga.
(d) Sexual dissatisfaction.
5. In Chapter 39, what does Horacio talk to Traveler about instead of Paris?
(b) Their childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 43, what does Talita reveal about Traveler's strained state of mind?
2. What does Horacio do with toothpaste in Chapter 75?
3. In Chapter 80, to what does Horacio liken madness?
4. Why does Talita wake up in Chapter 45?
5. Where is Horacio at the very end of the first book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What task does Morelli give Horacio and Etienne in Chapter 154?
2. How does the novel end?
3. How is Traveler affected by Horacio in this section?
4. What legal formality takes place in Chapter 51?
5. Why is the Morelli argument in Chapter 99 a relief to Horacio?
6. What is Horacio's state of mind in this section?
7. Who is Pola, and how does she know Horacio?
8. What cold comfort does Horacio offer La Maga in Chapter 108?
9. What is revolutionary about Morelli's forthcoming book?
10. Why are Etienne and Horacio shocked when they get to the old writers room in Chapter in 154?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)