|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Pola most captivates Horacio when he meets her in Chapter 76?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her feet.
2. What does Horacio do with toothpaste in Chapter 75?
(a) Puts a mustache on Gekrepten.
(b) Brushes his teeth.
(c) Draws on a mirror.
(d) Writes on the walls.
3. In Chapter 92, where do Pola and Horacio have their second tryst?
(a) Pola's flat.
(b) A park.
(c) A hotel in Bern.
(d) Horacio's flat.
4. What literary convention does Morelli decry in Chapter 112?
(b) Past tense.
5. Why does Emanuele decide to perform oral sex on Horacio in Chapter 36?
(a) She wants to take revenge on her former lover.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She decides that he looks too sad.
(d) She is drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Morelli in Chapter 94, what is happening to his work?
2. According to Ossip in Chapter 29, when did La Maga leave her flat and likely Paris?
3. What absurdist writer is quoted in Chapter 145?
4. In Chapter 78, Horacio becomes a salesman of what?
5. What part of Pola does Horacio kiss in Chapter 64?
Short Essay Questions
1. What cold comfort does Horacio offer La Maga in Chapter 108?
2. What dream does Horacio have in Chapter 123, and what does Etienne take from it?
3. What eerie, somewhat mystical, harbinger comes to Pola in Chapter 64?
4. Why is the Morelli argument in Chapter 99 a relief to Horacio?
5. What indiscretion does Horacio commit in Chapter 54?
6. How does Horacio settle in Buenos Aires in this section?
7. Describe Horacio's dream in Chapter 100.
8. Why are Etienne and Horacio shocked when they get to the old writers room in Chapter in 154?
9. How does Traveler's codependency with Horacio manifest itself in this section?
10. Describe Manolo and Talia Traveler's lives in Buenos Aires.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)