|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chapter 32?
(a) An inner monologue from Ossip.
(b) A chapter form Morelli's new work.
(c) A letter from Maga.
(d) A newspaper article.
2. In Chapter 80, to what does Horacio liken madness?
(a) A love affair.
(b) A dream.
(c) A cancer.
(d) A fever.
3. What final instructions does Cortazar give for the end of the book?
(a) Coninue reading the same two chapters.
(b) Start again in reverse order.
(c) Burn the book.
(d) Start again from the beginning.
4. In Chapter 87, a number by what musician is discussed?
(a) Miles Davis.
(b) Duke Ellington.
(d) Cole Porter.
5. What two items does Horacio asks Traveler for in Chapter 41?
(a) Nails and Cana.
(b) Yerba and nails.
(c) Eggs and yerba.
(d) Cana and eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. The commentator in Chapter 147 says that what curtails human freedom?
2. What sin does Ossip accuse Horacio of in Chapter 31?
3. In Chapter 56, what does Traveler say he is surprised Horacio has not done?
4. What part of Pola does Horacio kiss in Chapter 64?
5. In Chapter 78, what is Horacio convinced about the Travelers' marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Manolo and Talia Traveler's lives in Buenos Aires.
2. How is the prose style of Chapter 34 unusual?
3. How does Horacio get arrested at the Ponts des Arts in Chapter 36?
4. What is revealed in the tape recording of Chapter 47?
5. What task does Morelli give Horacio and Etienne in Chapter 154?
6. How does Horacio settle in Buenos Aires in this section?
7. What dream does Horacio have in Chapter 123, and what does Etienne take from it?
8. Who is Pola, and how does she know Horacio?
9. How is Traveler affected by Horacio in this section?
10. What eerie, somewhat mystical, harbinger comes to Pola in Chapter 64?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)