|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Horacio call to talk about his dream in Chapter 100?
(c) La Maga.
2. Why is Morelli excited to see Horacio in Chapter 154?
(a) Horacio has booze.
(b) He has received Horacio's fan mail.
(c) Horacio says he is his biggest fan.
(d) He wants visitors.
3. According to Ossip in Chapter 30, which member of the Club got belligerently drunk at Rocamadour's wake?
(a) Guy Monod.
4. What term does Horacio use to refer to his destined home is Chapter 36?
5. What absurdist writer is quoted in Chapter 145?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Talita's profession before marrying Traveler?
2. What is significant about the hotel that Pola and Horacio go to in Chapter 92?
3. In Chapter 43, what does Talita reveal about Traveler's strained state of mind?
4. In Chapter 78, what is Horacio convinced about the Travelers' marriage?
5. What sin does Ossip accuse Horacio of in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. What eerie, somewhat mystical, harbinger comes to Pola in Chapter 64?
2. What do Ronald and Etienne discuss in Chapter 142?
3. What indiscretion does Horacio commit in Chapter 54?
4. How does the Serpent Club's final gathering end?
5. What task does Morelli give Horacio and Etienne in Chapter 154?
6. What two meanings of the term hopscotch appear in the first book?
7. Why are Etienne and Horacio shocked when they get to the old writers room in Chapter in 154?
8. Who is Pola, and how does she know Horacio?
9. Describe the argument that Ossip and Horacio have in this section.
10. How do Traveler and Horacio put Talita in a ridiculous position in Chapter 41?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)