|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Eastern tradition is Morelli drawing from in Chapter 95?
(a) Zen Buddhism.
2. What group of people do Horacio and Etienne watch while they wait to see Morelli in Chapter 155?
(a) The doctors.
(b) The nurses.
(c) The other visitors.
(d) The patients.
3. What part of Pola does Horacio kiss in Chapter 64?
(a) Her foot.
(b) Her hand.
(c) Her lips.
(d) Her breast.
4. Who is Emanuele?
(a) A homeless woman.
(b) A waitress at Horacio's favorite cafe.
(c) Maga's best friend.
(d) Pola's mother.
5. In Chapter 39, what does Horacio talk to Traveler about instead of Paris?
(a) Their childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What final instructions does Cortazar give for the end of the book?
2. What does Horacio assure Maga regarding Pola in Chapter 108?
3. In Chapter 37, what does traveler do when Cuca and Talita gossip in his apartment?
4. What country does Horacio go to before arriving in Argentina?
5. What absurdist writer is quoted in Chapter 145?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two meanings of the term hopscotch appear in the first book?
2. How is Traveler affected by Horacio in this section?
3. What cold comfort does Horacio offer La Maga in Chapter 108?
4. Describe Manolo and Talia Traveler's lives in Buenos Aires.
5. What dream does Horacio have in Chapter 123, and what does Etienne take from it?
6. Describe the argument that Ossip and Horacio have in this section.
7. Professionally, what changes for Traveler, Horacio and Talita in this section?
8. How does the Serpent Club's final gathering end?
9. What indiscretion does Horacio commit in Chapter 54?
10. What task does Morelli give Horacio and Etienne in Chapter 154?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)