|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Feraguto about to purchase in Chapter 44?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A hospital.
(c) Another circus.
(d) A car.
2. In Chapter 78, Horacio becomes a salesman of what?
3. In Chapter 92, where do Pola and Horacio have their second tryst?
(a) A hotel in Bern.
(b) Pola's flat.
(c) A park.
(d) Horacio's flat.
4. In Chapter 87, a number by what musician is discussed?
(a) Duke Ellington.
(c) Cole Porter.
(d) Miles Davis.
5. Why does Emanuele decide to perform oral sex on Horacio in Chapter 36?
(a) She is drunk.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She wants to take revenge on her former lover.
(d) She decides that he looks too sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people do Horacio and Etienne watch while they wait to see Morelli in Chapter 155?
2. According to Ossip in Chapter 29, when did La Maga leave her flat and likely Paris?
3. Who is Horacio thinking about in Chapter 48?
4. Who does Babs physically attack in Chapter 35?
5. What is significant about the hotel that Pola and Horacio go to in Chapter 92?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Horacio's dream in Chapter 100.
2. What eerie, somewhat mystical, harbinger comes to Pola in Chapter 64?
3. How does Traveler's codependency with Horacio manifest itself in this section?
4. How is Traveler affected by Horacio in this section?
5. What legal formality takes place in Chapter 51?
6. What two meanings of the term hopscotch appear in the first book?
7. Why is the Morelli argument in Chapter 99 a relief to Horacio?
8. How does Horacio get arrested at the Ponts des Arts in Chapter 36?
9. How do Traveler and Horacio put Talita in a ridiculous position in Chapter 41?
10. How does the Serpent Club's final gathering end?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)