|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 78, what is Horacio convinced about the Travelers' marriage?
(a) It is dull and lifeless.
(b) Its intimacy is a facade.
(c) It is unknowable to anyone on the outside.
(d) It is a perfect union.
2. Why is Morelli excited to see Horacio in Chapter 154?
(a) He wants visitors.
(b) He has received Horacio's fan mail.
(c) Horacio has booze.
(d) Horacio says he is his biggest fan.
3. Who makes a speech about it being a momentous night in Chapter 96?
4. What sin does Ossip accuse Horacio of in Chapter 31?
5. In Chapter 78, Horacio becomes a salesman of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person that Horacio thinks is Maga when he sees her playing hopscotch in Chapter 54?
2. What country does Horacio go to before arriving in Argentina?
3. In Chapter 92, where do Pola and Horacio have their second tryst?
4. In Chapter 122, what does Etienne suggest is at the heart of his recent vivid dreams?
5. What task is Horacio undertaking at the beginning of Chapter 41?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 56, how does Horacio protect himself after he kisses Talita?
2. What do Ronald and Etienne discuss in Chapter 142?
3. How is Traveler affected by Horacio in this section?
4. What does Horacio do before coming to Buenos Aires?
5. Who is Pola, and how does she know Horacio?
6. How is the prose style of Chapter 34 unusual?
7. How does Horacio get arrested at the Ponts des Arts in Chapter 36?
8. What two meanings of the term hopscotch appear in the first book?
9. Describe Horacio's dream in Chapter 100.
10. Why is the Morelli argument in Chapter 99 a relief to Horacio?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)