|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose favorite Morelli quote is Chapter 97?
2. What type of garden does the writer in Chapter 134 recommend to beginners?
3. What is Horacio pasting on a lamp shade at the beginning of Chapter 84?
(c) Pages from the Bible.
4. In Chapter 109, how does Morelli say he tells a character's story?
(a) Through narration.
(b) Through disconnected moments.
(c) Through a succession of quotes.
(d) Through dialogue.
5. On what subject does Horatio privately expound at the end of Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Guy Monod attempt to kill himself?
2. Who arrives at Maga's flat with news that Guy Monod is not dead in Chapter 28?
3. What South American city is La Maga originally from?
4. According to Horacio, what is the only time that dialectical thought is useful?
5. Why does Maga say she won't go to sleep in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what reason does Ossip offer for Horacio's leaving?
2. How does Horacio meet Berthe Trepat?
3. In Chapter 115, what surrogate experience does Morelli describe?
4. What news do Babs and Ronald bring to Maga's apartment in Chapter 28?
5. Why does La Maga feel responsible for Pola's death in Chapter 27?
6. What criticism does Maga make of Horacio at the end of Chapter 3?
7. How are La Maga and Horacio different?
8. How is the reader introduced to Manolo Traveler in Chapter 143?
9. Describe Ossip Gregorovius.
10. Why are Maga and Horacio so affected by the fish in Chapter 8?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)