|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specific reason does Horacio have in Chapter 19 for believing Maga and Ossip are having an affair?
(a) Magasays Ossip's name in her sleep.
(b) Ossip is always hanging around her flat.
(c) Ossip gave her a necklace.
(d) Rocamadour likes Ossip more.
2. According to La Maga at the end of Chapter 3, how does Horacio relate to life?
(a) He ignores it like a fly.
(b) He lives it like a mushroom.
(c) He studies it like a text.
(d) He observes it like a painting.
3. Who eventually talks to the old man upstairs in Chapter 28?
4. Who is not with the group that walks to the listening session in Chapter 9?
(d) La Maga.
5. Why is Pola dying in Chapter 27?
(a) She is very old.
(b) She has typhus.
(c) She is run down by a car.
(d) She has breast cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ossip, Maga, and Horacio drink in Chapter 28?
2. Which of the following characters stays with Maga at the end of Chapter 28?
3. What does Horacio admit to La Maga in Chapter 20?
4. Why is the Serpent Club often annoyed with La Maga?
5. According to Horacio in Chapter 124, what generally happens to Morelli's characters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What point regarding observation does Horacio make in Chapter 84?
2. How is the reader introduced to Manolo Traveler in Chapter 143?
3. Why does La Maga feel responsible for Pola's death in Chapter 27?
4. How is the reader made aware of Rocamadour's death in Chapter 28?
5. What is the Club's Principle problem with the theories of Morelli, as stated in Chapter 141?
6. In Chapter 26, what reason does Ossip offer for Horacio's leaving?
7. What awful event does Maga describe in Chapter 15?
8. How does Horacio's state of mind change over the course of this section?
9. How does the Serpent Club relate to La Maga?
10. Why is La Maga irate in Chapter 93?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)