|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Horacio and his sister decide to stay in the dream in Chapter 123?
(a) In the drawing room.
(b) In a tool shed.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In her bedroom.
2. Which two Serpent Club members appear incongruously in Chapter 102?
(a) Perico and Guy Monod.
(b) Ronald and Wong.
(c) Etienne and Maga.
(d) Babs and Ossip.
3. Why does Emanuele decide to perform oral sex on Horacio in Chapter 36?
(a) She wants to take revenge on her former lover.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She decides that he looks too sad.
4. Why does Etienne get angry at Babs in Chapter 96?
(a) She throws out a rotten egg.
(b) She won't stop talking.
(c) She thinks Jarry is a genius.
(d) She cannot find Morelli's manuscript.
5. What absurdist writer is quoted in Chapter 145?
6. Why does Talita wake up in Chapter 45?
(a) Her alarm goes off.
(b) Traveler wakes her.
(c) A noise outside wakes her.
(d) She has a nightmare.
7. Why is Morelli excited to see Horacio in Chapter 154?
(a) He has received Horacio's fan mail.
(b) Horacio says he is his biggest fan.
(c) He wants visitors.
(d) Horacio has booze.
8. According to Ossip in Chapter 29, when did La Maga leave her flat and likely Paris?
(a) When Ossip proposed to her.
(b) Immediately after Rocamadour died.
(c) After a month of looking for Horacio.
(d) After Rocamadour's wake.
9. Where is Horacio at the very end of the first book?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A police wagon.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) His flat.
10. In Chapter 87, a number by what musician is discussed?
(a) Duke Ellington.
(b) Miles Davis.
(d) Cole Porter.
11. Against whom is the polemic of Chapter 89?
(a) The Eastern bloc.
(b) The pope.
(c) Randolph Hearst.
(d) De Gaulle.
12. What does Horacio spread on the ground to protect him from Traveler in Chapter 56?
(c) Ball bearings.
13. Who is the person that Horacio thinks is Maga when he sees her playing hopscotch in Chapter 54?
(a) A patient.
(d) A nurse.
14. What is Feraguto about to purchase in Chapter 44?
(a) Another circus.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A car.
15. With whom does Talita say she is having tea in Chapter 47?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Horacio decide to move in with Gekrepten in Chapter 78?
2. In Chapter 92, where do Pola and Horacio have their second tryst?
3. Where does Horacio meet Pola for the first time in Chapter 76?
4. What country does Horacio go to before arriving in Argentina?
5. What part of Pola does Horacio kiss in Chapter 64?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)