|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not among Talita's preferred reading materials?
(a) Medical journals.
(b) Blashemous articles.
(c) Language books.
(d) Clothing catalogues.
2. What nickname does Horacio give Pola in Chapter 92?
(a) Little Hands.
(b) Poor Rich Girl.
(c) Pola Paris.
3. What country does Horacio go to before arriving in Argentina?
4. What part of Pola most captivates Horacio when he meets her in Chapter 76?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her feet.
5. In Chapter 92, where do Pola and Horacio have their second tryst?
(a) Pola's flat.
(b) A park.
(c) A hotel in Bern.
(d) Horacio's flat.
6. According to Ossip in Chapter 29, when did La Maga leave her flat and likely Paris?
(a) Immediately after Rocamadour died.
(b) After Rocamadour's wake.
(c) After a month of looking for Horacio.
(d) When Ossip proposed to her.
7. Where do Horacio and his sister decide to stay in the dream in Chapter 123?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) In the drawing room.
(d) In a tool shed.
8. Which character offers a rambling defense of Morelli's methods in Chapter 99?
9. Which of the following is not a possibility for Maga's face that Ossip implies in Chapter 29?
(a) She went to the Netherlands.
(b) She committed suicide.
(c) She is in Montevideo.
(d) She is wandering the streets of Paris.
10. Where is Horacio at the very end of the first book?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) A cafe.
(c) His flat.
(d) A police wagon.
11. What type of circus attraction does Manolo Traveler manage?
(a) A spider that knits.
(b) A tiger that dances.
(c) A cat that counts.
(d) A dog that talks.
12. What does Morelli give Horacio to take to the writer's flat in Chapter 154?
(b) A stack of old books.
(c) Some pages.
(d) Cat food.
13. According to Morelli in Chapter 94, what is happening to his work?
(a) It is rotting.
(b) It is flying into the atmosphere.
(c) It is flourishing.
(d) It is fermenting.
14. Why does Talita wake up in Chapter 45?
(a) She has a nightmare.
(b) A noise outside wakes her.
(c) Her alarm goes off.
(d) Traveler wakes her.
15. What is the only information about the Club's journey to Morelli's flat included in Chapter 113?
(a) Directions and street numbers.
(b) Weather patterns in the area.
(c) Dialogue between them.
(d) Horacio's private expectations.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Horacio spending most of his time in Chapter 49?
2. What group of people do Horacio and Etienne watch while they wait to see Morelli in Chapter 155?
3. What does Horacio assure Maga regarding Pola in Chapter 108?
4. Why is Horacio terrified in his dream in Chapter 132?
5. What task is Horacio undertaking at the beginning of Chapter 41?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)