|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Feraguto about to purchase in Chapter 44?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A car.
(d) Another circus.
2. What sin does Ossip accuse Horacio of in Chapter 31?
3. In Chapter 98, what does Horacio realize that Maga never needed to do?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Leave Montevideo.
(c) Have someone to love.
(d) Justify her actions.
4. According to Pola in Chapter 64, what happens to everything Horacio touches?
(a) It turns evil.
(b) It feels better.
(c) It becomes dull.
(d) It dies.
5. What does Horacio do with toothpaste in Chapter 75?
(a) Draws on a mirror.
(b) Brushes his teeth.
(c) Writes on the walls.
(d) Puts a mustache on Gekrepten.
6. Who does Babs physically attack in Chapter 35?
7. The commentator in Chapter 147 says that what curtails human freedom?
(a) Marriage laws.
(c) Christian dialectics.
(d) Social mores.
8. What nickname does Horacio give Pola in Chapter 92?
(a) Little Hands.
(b) Poor Rich Girl.
(c) Pola Paris.
9. Which character offers a rambling defense of Morelli's methods in Chapter 99?
10. Who is Emanuele?
(a) Maga's best friend.
(b) A waitress at Horacio's favorite cafe.
(c) Pola's mother.
(d) A homeless woman.
11. Why does Emanuele decide to perform oral sex on Horacio in Chapter 36?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) She wants to take revenge on her former lover.
(d) She decides that he looks too sad.
12. What part of Pola most captivates Horacio when he meets her in Chapter 76?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her feet.
(d) Her hands.
13. Where is Horacio at the very end of the first book?
(a) His flat.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A police wagon.
14. What is odd about the bread that Horacio cuts in his dream in Chapter 100?
(a) It floats away.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It screams.
(d) It bleeds.
15. Which of the following is not among Talita's preferred reading materials?
(a) Blashemous articles.
(b) Medical journals.
(c) Clothing catalogues.
(d) Language books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Talita wake up in Chapter 45?
2. Which two characters attempt to analyze Maga in Chapter 142?
3. In Chapter 92, where do Pola and Horacio have their second tryst?
4. In Chapter 80, to what does Horacio liken madness?
5. In Chapter 57, what does Horacio say he is confused about?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)