|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who joins Horacio in mocking Maga's story?
2. Over time, what does La Maga fantasize Horacio will do during sex?
(a) Tie her up.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Say he loves her.
3. Why does Rocamadour move in with Maga and Horacio in Chapter 19?
(a) Maga misses him.
(b) He must attend school.
(c) The old woman in the country dies.
(d) He has a bad fever.
4. What does Horacio do when Maga starts crying in Chapter 12?
(a) He drinks Cana.
(b) He draws on the wall.
(c) He goes to sleep.
(d) He holds Babs.
5. According to Ossip in Chapter 26, what is Paris?
(a) A metaphor.
(c) The new Babylon.
(d) A cesspool.
6. In Chapter 62, Morelli says he has done away with what in his characters?
(c) Psychological reasoning.
7. What is Horacio pasting on a lamp shade at the beginning of Chapter 84?
(b) Pages from the Bible.
8. What unfortunate event has recently happened to Guy Monod in Chapter 9?
(a) He has been evicted from his flat.
(b) He has lost his student visa.
(c) He has been dianosed with syphilis.
(d) His mistress has left him.
9. In Chapter 141, the Club offers what complaint about Morelli as a theorist?
(a) He detests women.
(b) He offers no new ideas to replace the old.
(c) He dismisses all of the old canon.
(d) He has never produced a full novel.
10. Which of the following characters stays with Maga at the end of Chapter 28?
11. In Chapter 93, what does La Maga fear is becoming an obsession for Horacio?
(c) Parisian life.
12. What South American city is La Maga originally from?
(d) Buenos Aires.
13. Who is Valentin?
(a) Ossip's father.
(b) Horacio's typist.
(c) Maga's landlord.
(d) Berthe's friend.
14. In Chapter 84, which character does Horacio mention is gravely ill?
(d) Berthe Trepat.
15. Who is not with the group that walks to the listening session in Chapter 9?
(c) La Maga.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Horacio quote in Chapter 116?
2. What toy is Horacio looking at when he sees La Maga in his memory of Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 12, La Maga begins to cry remembering who?
4. In Chapter 7, what part of La Maga is Horacio sketching with his finger?
5. In Chapter 17, what does Ossip tell Maga is Horacio's problem?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)