|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language is Chapter 68 written in?
2. According to Ossip in Chapter 26, what is Paris?
(a) The new Babylon.
(b) A cesspool.
(c) A metaphor.
3. What specific reason does Horacio have in Chapter 19 for believing Maga and Ossip are having an affair?
(a) Rocamadour likes Ossip more.
(b) Magasays Ossip's name in her sleep.
(c) Ossip gave her a necklace.
(d) Ossip is always hanging around her flat.
4. Where are Horacio and La Maga making love at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Maga's flat.
(b) A park.
(c) A hotel.
(d) Horacio's flat.
5. What information does Morelli want to leave blank for the story he plans in Chapter 115?
(a) The author's name.
(b) The protagonist's name.
(c) The setting.
(d) The verbs.
6. Who arrives with news of Guy Monod's suicide attempt in Chapter 28?
(a) Babs and Ronald.
7. What word terrifies Horacio in Chapter 93?
8. What form of horrific execution is shown by the pictures Wong produces in Chapter 14?
(a) Public stoning.
(c) Death by a thousand cuts.
(d) Living surgery.
9. Who arrives at Maga's flat with news that Guy Monod is not dead in Chapter 28?
10. In Chapter 71, Morelli argues that man can achieve nothing by looking to where?
(a) The past.
(c) The government.
11. How does Ossip describe himself in Chapter 24?
(a) An intellect.
(b) A voyeur.
(c) An explorer.
(d) A lover.
12. Approximately how old is Horacio Oliveira?
13. Whose favorite Morelli quote is Chapter 97?
14. By what controversial French thinker is the quote is Chapter 136?
(a) Jean Dubuffet.
(b) Charles de Gaulle.
(c) The Marquis de Sade.
(d) George Bataille.
15. What does the narrator recall at the end of Chapter 93?
(a) Morelli's quest for publication.
(b) La Maga and Horcio's first date.
(c) The fall of the Bastille.
(d) Rocamadour's birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of Chapter 93?
2. At the end of Chapter 24, what does Maga say she does not want to do with Rocamadour?
3. What does Maga tell Horacio when he leaves her flat at the end of Chapter 20?
4. Why does Rocamadour move in with Maga and Horacio in Chapter 19?
5. How does Guy Monod attempt to kill himself?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)