|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, From the Other Side: Chapters 29, 107, 113, 30, 57, 70, 147, 31, 32, 132, 61, 33, 67, 83, 142, 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which philosopher does Horacio cite in his ruminations of Chapter 3?
2. Why can't Horacio leave Berthe Trepat as he walks her home in Chapter 23?
(a) She has his wallet.
(b) He does not know the neighborhood.
(c) She is clinging to his arm.
(d) She is threatening to kill herself.
3. How does Ossip describe himself in Chapter 24?
(a) A voyeur.
(b) An explorer.
(c) A lover.
(d) An intellect.
4. Which of the following is not a possibility for Maga's face that Ossip implies in Chapter 29?
(a) She is in Montevideo.
(b) She committed suicide.
(c) She is wandering the streets of Paris.
(d) She went to the Netherlands.
5. What toy is Horacio looking at when he sees La Maga in his memory of Chapter 1?
(a) A jack in the box.
(b) A toy train.
(c) A stuffed monkey.
(d) A box of toy soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Horacio in visiting the old writer at Necker Hospital in Chapter 155?
2. Between which two disciplines do Etienne and Horacio argue regarding conveyance of truth in Chapter 9?
3. What is significant about the hotel that Pola and Horacio go to in Chapter 92?
4. At the end of Chapter 24, what does Maga say she does not want to do with Rocamadour?
5. Who is the narrator of Chapter 93?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)