|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, From the Other Side: Chapters 153, 19, 90, 20, 126, 21, 79, 22, 62, 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is playing in Chapter 13?
(b) Bessie Coleman.
(c) Miles Davis.
(d) John Coltrane.
2. Over time, what does La Maga fantasize Horacio will do during sex?
(a) Tie her up.
(b) Say he loves her.
(c) Kill her.
3. What form of horrific execution is shown by the pictures Wong produces in Chapter 14?
(a) Living surgery.
(b) Death by a thousand cuts.
(d) Public stoning.
4. What traumatic event is related by Maga in Chapter 15?
(a) Her childhood rape.
(b) A miscarriage.
(c) Her last night in Montenegro.
(d) The death of her father.
5. How many pieces of the music recital in Chapter 23 are written by Berthe Trepat?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 137, what does Morelli exhort writers never to do in their work?
2. In Chapter 6, Horacio is amazed by La Maga's disdain for what?
3. How does the point of view change in Chapter 3?
4. What mythical creature do Maga and Horacio playfully turn each other into in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 15, Horatio privately wonders whether his education has turned him into what?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)