|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, From the Other Side: Chapters 14, 114, 117, 15, 120, 16, 137, 17, 97, 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to La Maga at the end of Chapter 3, how does Horacio relate to life?
(a) He observes it like a painting.
(b) He lives it like a mushroom.
(c) He ignores it like a fly.
(d) He studies it like a text.
2. What toy is Horacio looking at when he sees La Maga in his memory of Chapter 1?
(a) A toy train.
(b) A box of toy soldiers.
(c) A stuffed monkey.
(d) A jack in the box.
3. In Chapter 74, Morelli says that the true nonconformist is only concerned with what to things?
(a) Freedom is self and freedom of society.
(b) Love and hate.
(c) Life and death.
(d) Minutia and grand ideas.
4. In Chapter 7, what part of La Maga is Horacio sketching with his finger?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her breast.
(c) Her mouth.
(d) Her hand.
5. How is Ossip occupied in Chapter 11?
(a) He is choosing music.
(b) He is flirting with Maga.
(c) He is arguing with Horacio.
(d) He is making mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what subject does Horatio privately expound at the end of Chapter 17?
2. What modern form of execution is described in Chapter 114?
3. In whose flat does the jazz listening session of this section take place?
4. What does the narrator recall at the end of Chapter 93?
5. What famous American litigator is quoted in Chapter 117?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)