|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because inventions have many applications, what two disciplines work together to create a balance?
2. According to Harari, what is the only place where free will exists?
3. According to Harai, where is the most interesting place in the world from a religious standpoint?
4. What economic and political system adheres to the principles of a free market?
5. If we devote ourselves solely to economic growth, what social structure could suffer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "Our Boys Didn't Die in Vain" syndrome?
2. What is evolutionary humanism?
3. What is socialist humanism?
4. In the mid-twentieth century, what was the treatment used for individuals with epilepsy when all other treatments failed?
5. What did the computer Watson do that changed the perception of artificial intelligence?
6. What is FOMO and why is it a problem?
7. What experience changed journalist Sally Adee's life after she tested the battlefield simulator in Ohio?
8. What do socialist humanists claim happens when liberal humanists focus only on themselves?
9. What happened in 1975 that was a blow to the liberalism ideology?
10. Where do many research professors find volunteers for their experiments and tests?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is "The Odd Couple" Harari refers to in the title of Chapter 5? Explain why he chose the title.
Essay Topic 2
Upon what basis do modern scientists dismiss the existence of God and the existence of the human soul?
Essay Topic 3
What does Harari state is the true characteristic human beings possess that sets them apart as superior to other animals?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)