|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were animal rights activists concerned about the robo-rat experiments?
(a) They believed the experiments were a waste of time.
(b) They were concerned that the rats were suffering.
(c) They always protest animal experiments.
(d) They were concerned the rats would be permanently damaged.
2. What artificial organ was successfully tested by Yale University in 2014?
3. Where does Harari say new religions will come from?
(c) Third world countries.
(d) Research laboratories.
4. How are modern teenagers acquiring an understanding of capitalism?
(a) Through their parent's examples and experiences.
(b) Through use of social media with people from other countries.
(c) Through civilization-style strategy games that focus on investment and growth.
(d) Through the influence of marketing.
5. According to Harari, what two things are being decoupled?
(a) Free will and determinism.
(b) Free will and consciousness.
(c) Intelligence and value.
(d) Intelligence and consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What false message did Syrian hackers post on the Associated Press's Twitter account?
2. Evolutionary humanism is based on the theory of which philosopher?
3. What pamphlet written by Karl Marx claims the modern world positively requires uncertainty and disturbance?
4. According to Harari, what is the only place where free will exists?
5. What is the new species that will develop when Homo Sapiens is extinct?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is socialist humanism?
2. How does the "more stuff" credo affect society?
3. Where do many research professors find volunteers for their experiments and tests?
4. What do socialist humanists claim happens when liberal humanists focus only on themselves?
5. Why was liberalism criticized by the poor?
6. Politicians and economists insist growth is vital for what three reasons?
7. What is FOMO and why is it a problem?
8. What quality is most important to business, government, and the military: intelligence or consciousness?
9. What do strategy games such as Minecraft and The Settlers of Catan teach teenagers?
10. What happens when everyone begins using the same oracle and believing the same oracle?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)