|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new species that will develop when Homo Sapiens is extinct?
(b) Homo Erectus.
(d) Homo Deus.
2. In medieval Europe, if people wanted the answer to an important question, they would do which of the following?
(a) Think about their experiences and read scriptures.
(b) Ask their priest.
(c) Read scriptures and pray.
(d) Read scriptures and use logic.
3. Where does Harari say new religions will come from?
(b) Research laboratories.
(d) Third world countries.
4. Under the Modern Covenant, humans give up meaning for what?
(d) Economic growth.
5. A Mattersight algorithm uses what information to direct callers to the best customer service person for them?
(a) GPS location and phone number verification.
(b) Personal data and source of the call.
(c) Tone of voice and words you use.
(d) Area code and type of problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What revolutionary strategy did Oakland Athletics manager Billy Beane use to select the best baseball players?
2. Humanism is divided into which three branches?
3. What did scientists discover when they opened the proverbial Sapiens black box?
4. What does Harari say is the bedrock of liberal democracy?
5. What does Harari call "The greatest scientific discovery"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is socialist humanism?
2. What did the computer Watson do that changed the perception of artificial intelligence?
3. Why was liberalism criticized by the poor?
4. What is the crucial problem that may prevent humans from finding employment?
5. What happened in 1975 that was a blow to the liberalism ideology?
6. What is evolutionary humanism?
7. What experiments are the U.S. military currently studying in relation to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)?
8. With the decoupling of intelligence and consciousness, what is the risk to humans?
9. What do socialist humanists claim happens when liberal humanists focus only on themselves?
10. How does the "more stuff" credo affect society?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)