|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Romanian dictator was stunned by someone who booed him during his speech?
(a) Nicolae Ceausescu.
(b) Ion Iliescu.
(c) Rene Descartes.
(d) Tzar Nicholas.
2. According to Harari, what causes many of Africa's present-day problems?
(a) The enslavement of Africa's best workers.
(b) The fact that African borders make little sense.
(c) The disintegration of colonialism.
(d) Weak leadership in African countries.
3. Humans learned to ensure that animals could survive and reproduce but what did humans ignore?
(a) Animal's biochemical needs.
(b) Animal's subjective needs.
(c) Animal's biomedical algorithm.
(d) Animal's objective needs.
4. Harari compares the expulsion of Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden to what revolution?
(a) The Agricultural Revolution.
(b) The American Revolution.
(c) The Information Age.
(d) The Industrial Revolution.
5. According to dualism, a human is __________.
(a) A pure soul and a loving mind.
(b) A good spiritual soul inside an evil material body.
(c) A healthy body and spirit.
(d) A flawed soul in a body that disintegrates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harari say serves as the foundations and pillars of human societies?
2. What did Chinese bureaucrats do to make it seem as though Mao Zedong's agricultural program was working?
3. What does Harari consider the best reason to learn history?
4. What plague wiped out one-quarter of the population of Eurasia in the 1330s?
5. As a result of the Agricultural Revolution, humans insured the survival and reproduction of domesticated animals while ignoring what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the third level of reality only humans experience?
2. What invention allowed humans to tell longer stories and organize their societies?
3. What are the three ways humans can be upgraded into gods?
4. What happened during the Cognitive Revolution?
5. According to Harari, what is the cause of most misunderstandings between science and religion?
6. Why does Harari say human beings have overcome famine, plague, and war?
7. What did Harry Harlow's experiments with monkeys demonstrate?
8. What is the history that influences people to have a lawn in front of their houses?
9. When Europeans came to the Americas, what caused the deaths of millions of native people?
10. How did hunter-gatherers perceive the relationship between humans and animals?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)