|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III - Homo Sapiens Loses Control: The Data Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has to happen for the data processing system to run smoothly?
(a) Sophisticated algorithms.
(b) A free flow of information.
(c) Consolidated information.
(d) A good WiFi connection.
2. What does Harari say humans must overcome to be like gods?
3. Humanism claims that instead of looking to a supreme being or authority to define meaning, people should rely on _______.
(a) What society believes is right.
(b) Their own feelings and desires.
(c) Evolutionary principles.
(d) Scientific advancement.
4. Ethical judgments and factual statements result in __________.
(a) Conflicting opinions.
(b) Practical guidelines.
(c) Social norms.
(d) Philosophical disagreements.
5. If humans focus their efforts only on glorifying deity, what might they neglect?
(a) Scientific advances.
(b) The development of a united society.
(c) Establishing bureaucracies.
(d) Bettering the lives of other people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What economic and political system adheres to the principles of a free market?
2. What do traditional monotheists consider the unique spark that homo sapiens possess?
3. What is the new species that will develop when Homo Sapiens is extinct?
4. Science deals with facts but cannot make __________.
5. What written document helped thousands of Jews escape Nazi persecution in France?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)