|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III - Homo Sapiens Loses Control: The Data Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What British explorer first landed on the island of Hawaii?
(a) Francisco de Eguia.
(b) Galileo Galilei.
(c) Captain James Cook.
(d) Christopher Columbus.
2. What is the danger humans face as intelligence and consciousness are uncoupled?
(a) Being replaced by androids.
(b) Losing their freedom of speech.
(c) Taking drugs due to boredom.
(d) Losing their economic value.
3. In some civilizations, an extension of exploiting animals was followed by treating certain classes of people in what way?
(a) As if they should be raised in cages.
(b) As if they were less important than animals.
(c) As if they were property.
(d) As if they would live forever.
4. What does Harari claim is necessary for scientific advancements?
(b) Natural selection.
(c) Economic growth.
5. What is the title of Jorge Luis Borges' story about the narrating self?
(a) The Options.
(b) A Problem.
(c) The Quixote Fantasy.
(d) Quixote's Problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Harari say new religions will come from?
2. Who are many of the volunteers research professors use in their experiments?
3. Why do scientists believe in the mind, or consciousness, but not the soul?
4. Harari states that what is written on a form is far more important than what?
5. Freedom of expression was given to humans. Who has been given freedom of information?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)