|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III - Homo Sapiens Loses Control: The Great Decoupling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the person that saved thousands of Jews during World War II by providing visas even after he was told not to?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) John Phillips Sousa.
(c) Mao Zedong.
(d) Aristides de Sousa Mendes.
2. Humans learned to ensure that animals could survive and reproduce but what did humans ignore?
(a) Animal's biomedical algorithm.
(b) Animal's objective needs.
(c) Animal's biochemical needs.
(d) Animal's subjective needs.
3. Why were animal rights activists concerned about the robo-rat experiments?
(a) They were concerned the rats would be permanently damaged.
(b) They were concerned that the rats were suffering.
(c) They always protest animal experiments.
(d) They believed the experiments were a waste of time.
4. How are modern teenagers acquiring an understanding of capitalism?
(a) Through their parent's examples and experiences.
(b) Through the influence of marketing.
(c) Through use of social media with people from other countries.
(d) Through civilization-style strategy games that focus on investment and growth.
5. After World War I, what social movement did President Woodrow Wilson begin to support?
(b) Civil rights.
(c) Selective service.
(d) Women's sufferage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Humans can do whatever they choose and are only constrained by what?
2. According to Harari, what is the correct classification of sensations and emotions?
3. What is biological engineering?
4. What does Harari call "The greatest scientific discovery"?
5. What does Harari believe upsets many people about the theory of evolution?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)