|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III - Homo Sapiens Loses Control: The Time Bomb in the Laboratory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Harari, what made it possible for Egyptians to build the great pyramids?
(a) Superb organizational skills.
(b) Extraterrestrial beings.
(c) Taxes collected from the people.
(d) The system of slaves and masters.
2. Why does the theory of evolution reject the idea of a human soul?
(a) The soul has no parts.
(b) The soul is a myth.
(c) Evolution is strictly physical.
(d) The soul is invisible.
3. What did premodern humans believe their lives gained for giving up power?
4. In medieval Europe, if people wanted the answer to an important question, they would do which of the following?
(a) Read scriptures and pray.
(b) Read scriptures and use logic.
(c) Ask their priest.
(d) Think about their experiences and read scriptures.
5. For what was Santino the chimpanzee at the Furuvik Zoo known?
(a) Throwing rocks at visitors to the zoo.
(b) Solving math problems.
(c) Escaping from his cage.
(d) Hiding whenever people were around.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who famously declared that God is dead?
2. Religions have a tendency to turn factual statements into what?
3. What Catholic monk instigated the Protestant Reformation?
4. To raise global happiness, what has to be done?
5. According to dualism, a human is __________.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)