|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III - Homo Sapiens Loses Control: The Time Bomb in the Laboratory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Religions have a tendency to turn factual statements into what?
(a) Debatable theory.
(b) Ethical judgments.
(c) Religious dogma.
(d) Confusing morality.
2. As a result of the Agricultural Revolution, humans insured the survival and reproduction of domesticated animals while ignoring what?
(a) The natural habitat of animals.
(b) The means of distribution.
(c) Population control.
(d) The subjective needs of animals.
3. What did scientists discover when they opened the proverbial Sapiens black box?
(a) Human experiences are random.
(b) Evolution influences experiences.
(c) There is no soul, no free will, and no self.
(d) Liberalism is a myth.
4. According to Harari, what made it possible for Egyptians to build the great pyramids?
(a) The system of slaves and masters.
(b) Extraterrestrial beings.
(c) Taxes collected from the people.
(d) Superb organizational skills.
5. What Romanian dictator was stunned by someone who booed him during his speech?
(a) Tzar Nicholas.
(b) Rene Descartes.
(c) Ion Iliescu.
(d) Nicolae Ceausescu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does money have value?
2. How are modern teenagers acquiring an understanding of capitalism?
3. What British explorer first landed on the island of Hawaii?
4. Humanism changed our perception of war and its focus on heroes and generals to _____________.
5. In what religious philosophy do humans replace gods?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)