|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II - Homo Sapiens Gives Meaning To The World: The Odd Couple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Clever Hans the horse able to do?
(a) Understand commands in German.
(b) Give the answer to math problems by tapping his hoof.
(c) Run the Kentucky Derby.
(d) Cheat at cards.
2. To raise global happiness, what has to be done?
(a) Manipulation of the human biochemistry.
(b) Increase global GDP.
(c) Follow the teachings of Buddha.
(d) Increase distribution of Ritalin.
3. What does Harari say serves as the foundations and pillars of human societies?
4. What is the Problem of Other Minds?
(a) The inability of science to prove human beings can think original thoughts.
(b) The philosophical belief that no one has a mind if it cannot be proved.
(c) Part of Darwin's theory concerned with the thought processes of chimpanzees.
(d) In philosophy, justifying the common sense belief that other people besides yourself have minds capable of thinking or feeling.
5. What Catholic monk instigated the Protestant Reformation?
(a) Johannes Tetzel.
(c) Friedrich Nietzsche.
(d) Martin Luther.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the book's title, Homo Deus, mean?
2. What plague wiped out one-quarter of the population of Eurasia in the 1330s?
3. What technology company is developing life-extending projects?
4. Science deals with facts but cannot make __________.
5. In most Semitic languages, what does "Eve" mean?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)