|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II - Homo Sapiens Gives Meaning To The World: The Storytellers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Harari, what is the correct classification of sensations and emotions?
(c) Natural selection.
2. Who was the person that saved thousands of Jews during World War II by providing visas even after he was told not to?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Mao Zedong.
(c) Aristides de Sousa Mendes.
(d) John Phillips Sousa.
3. Harari compares the expulsion of Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden to what revolution?
(a) The Agricultural Revolution.
(b) The American Revolution.
(c) The Industrial Revolution.
(d) The Information Age.
4. Scientists believe emotions are actually ______.
(a) Subjective attitudes.
(b) Biochemical algorithms.
(c) Religious manifestations.
(d) Mystical phenomenon.
5. Why does money have value?
(a) It is the only way to buy things.
(b) It represents our wealth.
(c) It is an exchange of goods.
(d) Because people believe it has value.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who developed the theory of evolution?
2. What was the first deadly disease Europeans brought to North America?
3. What written document helped thousands of Jews escape Nazi persecution in France?
4. What plague wiped out one-quarter of the population of Eurasia in the 1330s?
5. Why is the theory of relativity accepted but the theory of evolution is rejected?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)