|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I - Homo Sapiens Conquers The World: The Human Spark .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harari say American lives are valued more than the lives of the average Afghan?
(a) Americans make more money than Afghans.
(b) America is larger than Afghanistan.
(c) More money is invested in the education, health and safety of Americans.
(d) Afghanistan is not as developed as America.
2. What do traditional monotheists consider the unique spark that homo sapiens possess?
(a) The ability to communicate.
(b) Greater ability to reason.
(c) Eternal souls.
(d) Exceptional intelligence.
3. Why does money have value?
(a) It is the only way to buy things.
(b) It is an exchange of goods.
(c) It represents our wealth.
(d) Because people believe it has value.
4. What was Clever Hans the horse able to do?
(a) Understand commands in German.
(b) Cheat at cards.
(c) Give the answer to math problems by tapping his hoof.
(d) Run the Kentucky Derby.
5. What global health campaign wiped out smallpox?
(a) Better hygiene.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the idea of having green lawns around dwellings begin?
2. Which country was the first to recognize animals as sentient beings?
3. What is biological engineering?
4. Humans learned to ensure that animals could survive and reproduce but what did humans ignore?
5. According to Harari, what is the correct classification of sensations and emotions?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)