|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I - Homo Sapiens Conquers The World: The Human Spark .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harari consider the best reason to learn history?
(a) To free yourself of the past and imagine alternative destinies.
(b) To understand how traditions started.
(c) To compare how far humans have come in their development.
(d) To avoid the mistakes of the past and think of the future.
2. How much of our bodily activities are accomplished without conscious feelings?
3. Why did the U.S. ban creating three parent babies?
(a) Economic impact.
(b) Religious beliefs.
(c) Ethical concerns.
(d) Social implications.
4. Scientists believe emotions are actually ______.
(a) Mystical phenomenon.
(b) Biochemical algorithms.
(c) Religious manifestations.
(d) Subjective attitudes.
5. Chekhov said if there was a gun in Act One, what would happen in Act Three?
(a) The main character would die.
(b) It would end the play.
(c) Someone would steal it.
(d) Someone would use it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who developed the theory of evolution?
2. What was the first deadly disease Europeans brought to North America?
3. What technology company is developing life-extending projects?
4. What is biological engineering?
5. What is the Problem of Other Minds?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)