|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III - Homo Sapiens Loses Control: The Great Decoupling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harari believe upsets many people about the theory of evolution?
(a) People do not believe in the survival of the fittest.
(b) It denies the existence of the human soul.
(c) People do not want to believe their ancestors were apes.
(d) Darwin's theory cannot be proven.
2. Under the Modern Covenant, humans give up meaning for what?
(c) Economic growth.
3. What is the danger humans face as intelligence and consciousness are uncoupled?
(a) Losing their freedom of speech.
(b) Taking drugs due to boredom.
(c) Being replaced by androids.
(d) Losing their economic value.
4. What is Watson being trained to do to help the medical field?
(a) Remote controlled surgery.
(b) Brain surgery.
(c) Diagnose diseases.
(d) Collect global health information.
5. Why does money have value?
(a) Because people believe it has value.
(b) It is the only way to buy things.
(c) It represents our wealth.
(d) It is an exchange of goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of individuals are being held responsible for the potential reversal of the humanist revolution?
2. What artificial organ was successfully tested by Yale University in 2014?
3. In the modern age, scientific advancements made great strides due two what two factors?
4. What has replaced deploying large armies in today's military?
5. What kept people in the Middle Ages from making advances in science?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)