Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Max, what made Sam a bad son?
2. What is Sam doing in the kitchen during Max's and Joey's discussion about going out together?
3. After his collapse, Max talks with Ruth about her children and then asks Teddy to do what?
4. What comparison does Ruth use in her discussion with Lenny after Teddy has been mocked by Lenny?
5. Just before the end of Act Two, Scene 1, What does Teddy give a long speech about?
Max shows disappointment with his sons. Discuss how Max demonstrates this disappointment, giving specific examples for Lenny, Joey, and Teddy. For what reasons do you think that Max is so clearly disappointed with each of his sons? Comment on whether you think his disappointment in any of his sons is warranted and explain why or why not.
In your opinion, is the ending of the play a.) satisfactory and b.) plausible? Explain by giving specific examples.
Although Max is a poor example of a father, he seems to know what a father should be. Discuss some specific examples of his fathering skills and explain what proof exists in the play that he seems to understand what makes for a good father. Why do you think Max chooses to father in the way he does? Give examples from the play back up your reasoning.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)