|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Max is questioning Teddy about when he plans to leave, how does Lenny interact with Ruth?
2. What does Joey say when Max tells him that he will have time to do what he needs to do and still be able to go with Max?
3. After the conversation with Ruth in which he asks her to go home with him, what does Teddy do?
4. How many children does Ruth have?
5. According to Max, what made Sam a bad son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The subject of prostitution comes up several times during the play. Give at least two examples and explain what larger implication this subject carries.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Ruth and Jessie, particularly in respect to Max's varying attitude toward each woman.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Teddy's acceptance of the photograph of his grandfather. Explain when the incident takes place and give two interpretations of why the playwright might have included this incident.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)