Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Max, what made Sam a bad son?
2. What is Sam doing in the kitchen during Max's and Joey's discussion about going out together?
3. After his collapse, Max talks with Ruth about her children and then asks Teddy to do what?
4. What comparison does Ruth use in her discussion with Lenny after Teddy has been mocked by Lenny?
5. Just before the end of Act Two, Scene 1, What does Teddy give a long speech about?
Essay Topic 1
In your opinion, is the ending of the play a.) satisfactory and b.) plausible? Explain by giving specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
When Ruth first arrives at the family home, she is nearly silent. By the end of the play, she has become the dominant figure. In what specific ways has Ruth changed and what specific reasons do you think account for her change?
Essay Topic 3
Teddy wants his family's respect, however, he fails to stand up for himself as a husband. What explanation can be given for the way he simply stands by and lets Ruth be convinced to stay with his family? What, if anything, does Teddy do to try to get Ruth to leave with him? What does this say about Teddy and Ruth's relationship? What does it say about their character?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)