Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Max, what made Sam a bad son?
2. What is Sam doing in the kitchen during Max's and Joey's discussion about going out together?
3. After his collapse, Max talks with Ruth about her children and then asks Teddy to do what?
4. What comparison does Ruth use in her discussion with Lenny after Teddy has been mocked by Lenny?
5. Just before the end of Act Two, Scene 1, What does Teddy give a long speech about?
Essay Topic 1
The subject of prostitution comes up several times during the play. Give at least two examples and explain what larger implication this subject carries.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the character of Sam, giving several examples which exemplifies why, although he is a symbol of goodness in the play, he is so ineffective at trying to mediate when it comes to family squabbles.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Ruth and Jessie, particularly in respect to Max's varying attitude toward each woman.
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)